I’m going to discuss a topic we have almost every weekend for the last 10 years. We have the marshals who have more than 600 drives with convoy organizing, rescue situations and major events managing. Versus, a smart person successful in life or has a high position at work or someone with a lot of money or maybe a person with a lot of pressure in his/her life and looking for a .
My friend is a professor and he gave me a nice tip that I observed during the trips which is:
There are THREE types of people in any group that you are going to meet if you are teaching or coaching:
1. 20% of the group think that you are super smart and you know all what you are saying.
2. 20% of the group think that you have NO idea what you are saying and they know better.
3. 60 % of the group are in doubt and don’t know who to follow.
The trick is to focus on the first 20 % to win the 60% and don’t bother yourself with the second 20% because it is a waste of time and energy.
Now let us move to the types of Members
1. The Star Collector: A member will come and say that he/she is a high rank in XXX club to impress us. Well we are sorry, you have to wait until we make sure that you are SAFE. Or someone will join us and get upgraded in our club and once he/she got upgraded to intermediate will jump to another club “ We are happy to export our knowledge to others “ besides other groups would love to have a ready member instead of a person from scratch.
2. The Sneaky : This type of member doesn’t want to follow the rules, or want to jump the line or will push himself/herself up without having neither the skills, tools or attitude Unfortunately, This type will be squeezed by the Marshals and will go and make his/her own club !!
3. The Stubborn: No matter how much you advice him/her , he/she is going to do the opposite and they are in the category of “ Askhole “ .
4. The Late bloomer: The majority of the members fall in this category. Whoever has the patients become amazing offroader the rest fall in trouble because they have HALF KNOWLEDGE … "HALF KNOWLEDGE IS DANGER"…. Unfortunately, we lost many potential members of this category.
5. The Patient: This is the best and most of our marshals are coming from this category.
Dear member, please remember why you joined us in the first place?!!! We are here to help the community to learn important skills that rarely can be found around the world. We are not here to show you who is better or stronger.
See you in the sand
4 posts • Page 1 of 1