The Sand Trail

ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The Sand Trail involved a large group arriving at Nazwa shops; and after karak chai, Bu Salem’s delicious dates, and a few tool-checks, we were split into 3 convoys .
A slightly slow start therefore, but certainly made up for by an excellent fun drive.
I was in the 3rd convoy, and as we were generally of a similar level of experience, we took full advantage of Al Khatib’s excellent fast and smooth lead. We moved quickly from Nazwa to Pink Rock , then on to Camel Rock , under Fossil Rock and ending at ADNOC Malaiha.
A great way to start the weekend, and we must have done something right, as my passenger is now a signed-up Club Member!
Many thanks as always to all the organisers.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
desert_jellyfish

I was registered for the trip but unfortunately the morning of the trip i had an emergency arise.

wish i was able to make it though....hopefully next time!
Omair Ahmed

Amazing trip organised by the marshals and founder(s), thank you Almost team once again for an awesome experience.

See you all in the sand soon.
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Once again an epic adventure with Almost 4x4. We met at Nazwa Shops and split into 3 convoys, I was in the third led by Al Khatib, with support from Zico and Bomolin. In the usual Al Khatib style we set off at a good pace and across varied terrain. Apart from a split convoy at one point, recovered ably by the sweeper, a fairly uneventful (from a stuck and troubles perspective) trip. The variation of styles and techniques required across the route was really good, and I for one felt invigorated at the end. New territory for me after Pink Rock as we headed to Camel Rock and Fossil Rock. A great morning drive, very rewarding and another feather in the Almost 4X4 cap for me. On the downside, the Green Giant has developed a couple of issues - the Angry Sparrows appear to have struck and the weight of the Cooper Discoverer STT on the rear wheel carrier have caused a stress crack to develop on the rear corner! Time to re-think the setup, get some repairs and come back ready and hungry for more.

Thanks Abu Jimmy for organising, Al Shamsi for the breakfast and Almost Flags, and to Al Khatib and the team in convoy 3 for a great morning, once again. Please see the video I put together here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

See you in the sand.
desert_jellyfish

[quote=Green Giant;32837]Please see the video I put together here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater[/quote]

Beautiful vid Green Giant! So bummed i missed out.....
Dave
Advance
Advance

Nice video Jeremy. Sorry to hear Green Giant has developed an injury! Just an observation but on our Treasure Hunt 2.0 adventure about 3 weeks ago I was behind you for some of the way and I did notice your spare vibrating excessively and quite violently at times, even over the smaller bumps. I suspect the problem is more to do with how the spare is mounted rather than just the weight of the STT's. Maybe I should have said something earlier so sorry for the late observation report. With all the wranglers in the club I am sure it's just a matter of time before someone comes up with the solution to your problem!

Good luck getting it sorted and hope to drive with you soon.
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks to marshals bommolin and moosa for beung the good shepherds for the convoy lead by al katib. Trip was fast troubless and more over full pack enjoyment
Jermy the video is nise and interesting.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

This trip started a lil late with Shamshi stating some updated rules for safety within the newbies and checks were done for newbies if they had the equipment required or not. once everything was settled we moved for the drive i was in the 2nd convey and it was a really nice drive we had a couple of stucks however no pop outs of any sort .The adrenaline was quite high during this drive and i was really surprised by what my tiny pentastar can achieve (based on the saying small is powerful).All in all at the end of the day everyone got home safe and sound
Another job well done by the founders and marshals
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Dave, yes I have been conscious of the "bouncing" spare wheel - it is partly to do with the weight of the wheel as it is bending the frame slightly, however I did have an encounter with a semi ditch on friday which Ginger heard the bang from 3 cars ahead!! I think that was what caused the damage. Anyway, I am going to relocate the spare inside the car for now until I can get the repair done. You missed a great drive this week - see you soon in the sand.
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

Hi everybody,

I was in the 5- convoy led by Bu Salem. I think this is what they mention when they say Bu Salem style :). It was fun, fast paced considering my previous drives, nice dune passes and a couple of long drops. We had a stop for a cresting exercise near Pink Rock which was very informative for me on especially using the right gear with my car. Sorry Bu Salem if i made you upset by letting an FJ suffer like that :)

Thanks to everybody for the fun drive, our marshals for watching over us and the new taste of dates and cheese for breakfast to Bu Salem.

See you next time...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18