Jeep cherokee Vs Pathfinder Vs Mubz

Maddie

Sarookh;25154 wrote:Hahahaha a good one :like:. Did you know that we also have an Arabic Saying for buttering :011::011::011:

دهان سير - مسكا باليس

:038:
Mubz

Sarookh;25141 wrote:Hi Mubz,

You need to improve your driving skills....why would you buy a third car while you already have one????
I will be selling pathfinder 2004 and buying another one......... Keeping Pathfinder 2009 for daily use.
Sarookh;25141 wrote: if the clutch is hanging you can simply fix it and instead on buying and investing in a second hand offroading car!!!!!! ..........................fix your Pathfinders 2004 M/T and make it offroading ready is better and cheaper for sure (It's a NISSAN after all).

check what are the main issues in your car and fix them, work hard on improving your desert driving skills while getting used to the car, if this doesn't work than and only than think about alternative solutions.
Like I said in the opening line the thing that needs improving is ME That I am working on and need alot of modifications :)

Clutch is the only issue so far I've seen but driving A/T 6 days a week on smooth road and driving M/T 1 day on the tough drive get me all the time I forget I have to do a gear change :) **** which is another issue altogether coz I've always been in UK and driven on wrong side of the road so gear shifting is issue ***
Sarookh;25141 wrote:
Ps: If your passengers are having an unpleasant journey usually that mean you are doing a good job offroading and the solution is simple, DEzzynoLLL them alllll as our colleague "Strawb" always do and it works as they end up enjoying a good sleeping time
Problem is my passengers are so relaxed and enjoying it that can only mean I am doing something wrong :011:

Bu-Shahid;25140 wrote:Hi Mubz,

are you planning to sale your Pathfinder 2004?
anything else other than the clutch problem ?
can you share some photos
To Be honest I've not had any issues with the car except the Clutch, I even replaced the cylinder top one ( as per mechanic's suggestion) It improved it but I am still not happy with the service I got...... Yes I will be selling my Pathfinder you can check it once I am back from Umrah ( 29th April) I will post some pictures soon.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

If the clutch pedal is hanging, you have probably worn out clutch cylinder and/or booster, one hour job for 500 Dhs, incl. parts.. Tyres you would need 275/70 R16. Suspension you can keep stock as it is very difficult to get something for this car.
Shifting the gears in a desert is also not an issue, as you would be driving mainly 1st gear (it can go to 65 km/h) and only from time to time shift to second gear. We are off-roaders and rally drivers...

Regarding the skills with any car, you need to learn where and when to slowdown, not to jump and when and where to accelerate.

But if you hate your car, she will speak by next opportunity with MDG and both will take revenge on you :011:
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Dear Mubz ,

I will go for the Cherokee every time with out a single second of hesitation . but that's me and only me , as i have experienced 3 vehicles for offroading along the past 2 years .

1- 1994 Cherokee G.C.C specs A/T
2- 1997 Cherokee G.C.C specs M/T
3- 2000 Cherokee U.S. specs A/T

I have been using Goldy as my offroad vehicle for the last 18 months ( I have another car for daily use ) and believe me when i say that i know every single part of this car . (which parts have been changed or modified and which parts have not . which are in good condition and which are not .....etc. ) when i go to desert , i go prepared as my trunk is a spare parts shop ( all kind of oil , liquids , belts , sensors and other parts which tends to get damaged frequently in the desert). i live in sharjah and with time i get to know many workshops , spare parts shops and scrap yards . i have now reached a stage of knowledge about most of the parts of my Cherokee ( how much does it cost ? new original , new aftermarket or used from scrap ) .and how much it will cost to fix or install .

All the suffering above is the simple identification of the " Jeep thing " , which regular drivers will not understand as it doesn't make any sense . and they are right because they are not " Jeepers " .

Jeepers spend time , money and effort while building their jeeps , and through the process they develop feelings towards their Jeeps and things get emotional , and it becomes a relationship that grows stronger with time . ( but that's only me )

So , my advise for you is to make the Chief happy . i know you stay in Dubai and you work long hours and you don't have time for the " Jeep thing " .

If i were in your shoes , i will find my self a clean 3.5 L. Pathfinder A/T ( 2004-2005 ) that have not been taken offroad , and make a major service ( change every thing that needs changing ) and start enjoying it with peace of mind .
What goes around , comes around .
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

Abu Jimmy;25162 wrote:Dear Mubz ,

I will go for the Cherokee every time with out a single second of hesitation . but that's me and only me , as i have experienced 3 vehicles for offroading along the past 2 years .

If i were in your shoes , i will find my self a clean 3.5 L. Pathfinder A/T ( 2004-2005 ) that have not been taken offroad , and make a major service ( change every thing that needs changing ) and start enjoying it with peace of mind .

There you go Mubz...As Chief is to Pathfinder, Abu Jimmy is to Cherokee. So, you have got the words of the GURUs very well explained, advised and justified.

Good Luck :048:
Mubz

Abu Jimmy;25162 wrote:Dear Mubz ,

To be very honest my choice for Cherokee came after seeing your car in the dessert along with other but you are 100% right I live in Dubai and hardly get time to fix my parts forget my car.

But I am still considering Cherokee :)
caprihorse;25161 wrote: If the clutch pedal is hanging, you have probably worn out clutch cylinder and/or booster, one hour job for 500 Dhs, incl. parts..
I've already spend 450 on it (incl parts) but I am not satisfied the only issue I have here is WHO TO TRUST when it comes to mechanics and car maintenance.
caprihorse;25161 wrote:
Regarding the skills with any car, you need to learn where and when to slowdown, not to jump and when and where to accelerate.
Something I am working on learning as I go along with Almost 4x4 with your supervision INSHALLAH I will learn quickly :)
caprihorse;25161 wrote: But if you hate your car, she will speak by next opportunity with MDG and both will take revenge on you :011:
I love all my cars but they tend to have feelings for MDG which is not a good relation so I am working hard to reduce their dating back to 0 :)

considering Fixing my car, but if the car is fixed then I will have no excuse for Capri that why i got stuck :) ***which is always a moment to capture.***
delta83
Advance
Advance

well you got both marshals opinion,

as Abu jimmy said, if u buy a cherokee , get ready to move houses to industrial area and lots of headaches from mechanic shops and junk yard..
while if u fix the pathfinder ... it is less hassle for sure (considering it is only a clutch problem, not a major problem hidden..like a total loss car and misalignment in chassis )

or yet best, buy my Patrol hehehe.. and it is hassle free ride.. ready for desert :011:

anyways.. good luck with any choice u will make, work on your skills. and u can drive an old corolla in the desert ;)
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

delta83;25169 wrote:
anyways.. good luck with any choice u will make, work on your skills. and u can drive an old corolla in the desert ;)
:like::045:
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi All,

I am not Favouring anyone but just sharing my experience.

I had pajero which i used for offroading as well as to commute to work. Slowly i started realising that both the places i had to drive too cautiously as if i make a mistake on road i will not be able to participate on friday drives with almost. Whereas in desert i used to drive cautiously as i never wanted pajero to be damaged as i would not be able to commute to work. This thought was making me very uncomfortable and suffocating.So i decided to go for Jeep Cherokee. 1> Low Priced Vehicle 2>Can invest Sensibly in Mods 3> Easy and Cheaper Parts to replace 4>Great Driving Pleasure. But as Abu jimmy says Jeeps have to be made and you need lots of passion and dedication for the same.
I had budgeted my self in such a way that in one go i wanted my ride to be 10/10 in terms of Vehicle performance. i achieved it with ease ,offcourse with Great help and expertise of Abujimmy . Gave vehicle to Almost Garage and was at peace of mind.
I feel if you budget it adequately and work out on your ride with experts guidance then even with cherokee you can be at peace. Also most importantly as everyone said, Its utmost important to upgrade and improvise driving skills. As that is most important factor to drive any ride.
Anyways Best of Luck ...:045:
Mubz

delta83;25169 wrote:we
or yet best, buy my Patrol hehehe.. and it is hassle free ride.. ready for desert :011:
I Wish I had that budget, I was at the auction buying an awesome Nissan Patrol 2002 for about 25k but then some people started fighting over it and price jumped to 41 again not my budget.