Watch out for that train!

Jeff

Etihad Rail: Abu Dhabi-Dubai route confirmed
Haseeb Haider / 30 October 2012

The UAE’s rail network project has made headway as the route between Abu Dhabi and Dubai has been agreed upon, a top official said.According to Falah Al Ahbabi, who heads the Federal Government Committee on Etihad Rail, further confirmed that the required land has been completely allocated.

This information was revealed at the first meeting of the committee, which reviewed the route of stages two and three of the rail network and the process for ensuring the necessary land allocation to connect the country’s ports, industrial areas and urban communities.

“The UAE railway network will connect various communities, industrial centres and ports, with minimal passage through residential areas, and will also later link to the greater GCC railway network,” Falah Al Ahbabi said, who is also the general manager of the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council.
Upon completion, the 1,200km long Etihad Rail network will cater to both freight and passengers.

It will connect urban and remote communities, facilitate trade, open up communication channels and foster economic development.

The network will also form a vital part of the GCC Railway Network, linking the UAE to Saudi Arabia via Ghweifat in the west and Oman via Al Ain in the east.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/biz/inside. ... aebusiness
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

More is here - http://www.etihadrail.ae/

As I was driving now back from Liwa, I noticed a signage on E45, just after Madinat Zayed, pointing to construction site of Etihad Rail...
Mosalf

[quote=caprihorse;16649]More is here - http://www.etihadrail.ae/

As I was driving now back from Liwa, I noticed a signage on E45, just after Madinat Zayed, pointing to construction site of Etihad Rail...[/quote]

Hi Capri, if its in Liwa it must be referring to the rail link between the various Gas fields and GASCO which produces Sulphur. I think the Etihad Rail project is ADNOC sponsored and links ASAB, SHAH, SAHIL, BU HASA, RUWAIS and HABSHAN in various stages. A friend of mine worked on the project and i believe the office is in Tourist Club Area near Abu Dhabi Mall. I can check if you need more info as I stay close by.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Desert Fox;16697]Hi Capri, if its in Liwa it must be referring to the rail link between the various Gas fields and GASCO which produces Sulphur. I think the Etihad Rail project is ADNOC sponsored and links ASAB, SHAH, SAHIL, BU HASA, RUWAIS and HABSHAN in various stages. A friend of mine worked on the project and i believe the office is in Tourist Club Area near Abu Dhabi Mall. I can check if you need more info as I stay close by.[/quote]
On the website for Etihad Rail is posted an image for planned route in UAE, it looks interesting.