Hatta / Oman Boarder Closed

adventure motox

Hey Everyone,

Just an FYI incase some of you don't already know... the small boarder going into Oman after the town of Hatta is closed indefinitely for ex-pats... it has been for some time now apparently a few weeks.

I went off-roading that way last weekend and we (as well as many other vehicles ) were told to turn around and not come back to the area as they were no longer allowing crossing into the Hatta "pools" area.

The boarder is only open to Nationals going forward.

Also I had my GoPro on the roof of my truck, as it was there the entire day recording our drives like always... the (uae) military guys at the boarder took it off and confiscated it and also my memory cards. Beware!

It was my fault "technically", but a bit excessive id say, so please watch out and don't forget about it.

Cheers everyone!

JT
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=adventure motox;41439]Also I had my GoPro on the roof of my truck, as it was there the entire day recording our drives like always... the (uae) military guys at the boarder took it off and confiscated it and also my memory cards. Beware![/quote]
Wow, no refund? Is it lost?
C N Sreejith
Club Member
Club Member

This is true. It happened to me twice in Jan 2015. Once I was alone and it was New Years Day, so I thought they would allow me if I went with family. Second time, I went with family, they still didn't allow.

If you're keen, you can get a multiple entry/single entry Omani visa stamped at their consulte in Dubai and then they would allow you. That's what the army officers there said. They specifically asked if I have a visa, unlike the checkpost on Musandam-Dibba mountain road, and then said I can't cross if I don't have a visa.

They have a clear "no photography and video" signboard over there and the policy is strictly enforced. My father was taking a photo of the mountains on his mobile phone and he was asked to refrain from doing so. The people at the outpost there, I think, are Omani Military and not UAE Military.
adventure motox

[quote=C N Sreejith;41441] The people at the outpost there, I think, are Omani Military and not UAE Military.[/quote]

Yeah I wasnt sure at first... they had an Omani license plate on the vehicle BUT all the Soldiers had UAE flags on their uniforms.. and one soldier told me he lived in Dubai. This was clearly in the Dubai Emirate... but youre right, the fact that they had an Omani truck is indeed confusing.
[MENTION=955]caprihorse[/MENTION] Nope... No refunds. I don't expect one either. :disapointed:
iJanab
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks JT for the heads up as we were planning a family trip to Hatta pools and wondering if border is closed for entering Oman or is it closed for even crossing Omani territory to enter Hatta town through E44?
adventure motox

You can still cross the check points into the territory area going to the UAE town of Hatta... its after the town of Hatta that it is blocked.

Cheers

[quote=iJanab;41445]Thanks JT for the heads up as we were planning a family trip to Hatta pools and wondering if border is closed for entering Oman or is it closed for even crossing Omani territory to enter Hatta town through E44?[/quote]
Andre

Or maybe they closed it to clean and remove all the rubbish and graffities on the pool area. ��
Maddie

turn right at the Omani Petrol Pump Roundabout before Hatta
Rahulmuralee
Club Member
Club Member

Hi all,

The 01st check point in Dubai - Hatta Road is by Royal Oman Military. On crossing that, we enter Oman jurisdiction. Go ahead and at the 01st roundabout take a right turn towards Mahdah.
We can see a SHELL Fuel Station at the round about (Landmark). On taking the right turn and while proceeding ahead we get the 02nd check point where they check our passports and ids. upon crossing that proceed ahead untill we get the signboard for Al Shumeina. Take a left at the "Y" junction and proceed ahead untill we get another signboard AL FAY 30kms. Take a left turn at the junction and this leads to all the WADI (s).

Wadi Ash Shuwayyah
Wadi Rai
Wadi Qhamees
Wadi Nakhl Al Ghafa / Hatta Rock pool

Hatta Rock pool located at Nakhl Al Ghafa (Local Omani Name) is still the same filled with Graffiti and trash, so its not advisable get a dip there. For a proper clean dip Ash Shuywaayah Wadi would be suitable. This is actually the 01st Wadi on the left side and the drive to reach the place is awesome but only with a 4x4 and no saloons. Make sure the spare tyres are in place and intact as the roads leading to the WADI is rocky. Also make sure the petrol tanks are full as there is no fuel station nearby.

Enjoy the Trip guys
adventure motox

[quote=Rahulmuralee;41472]Hi all,

The 01st check point in Dubai - Hatta Road is by Royal Oman Military. On crossing that, we enter Oman jurisdiction. Go ahead and at the 01st roundabout take a right turn towards Mahdah.
We can see a SHELL Fuel Station at the round about (Landmark). On taking the right turn and while proceeding ahead we get the 02nd check point where they check our passports and ids. upon crossing that proceed ahead untill we get the signboard for Al Shumeina. Take a left at the "Y" junction and proceed ahead untill we get another signboard AL FAY 30kms. Take a left turn at the junction and this leads to all the WADI (s).

Wadi Ash Shuwayyah
Wadi Rai
Wadi Qhamees
Wadi Nakhl Al Ghafa / Hatta Rock pool

Hatta Rock pool located at Nakhl Al Ghafa (Local Omani Name) is still the same filled with Graffiti and trash, so its not advisable get a dip there. For a proper clean dip Ash Shuywaayah Wadi would be suitable. This is actually the 01st Wadi on the left side and the drive to reach the place is awesome but only with a 4x4 and no saloons. Make sure the spare tyres are in place and intact as the roads leading to the WADI is rocky. Also make sure the petrol tanks are full as there is no fuel station nearby.

Enjoy the Trip guys[/quote]

Pools are no doubt open... its a heads op on certain boarder crossings that used to be open... but are now closed.

Cheers