Reliable Toyota workshop

Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

My Toyota Prado has 150000km on the odometer and I thought it would be a good time to replace the waterpump , radiator hoses and front crankshaft seal.
Al Futtaim's quotation is really steep and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable Toyota workshop preferably in Al Quoz...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Iqsaan;30746 wrote:My Toyota Prado has 150000km on the odometer and I thought it would be a good time to replace the waterpump , radiator hoses and front crankshaft seal.
Al Futtaim's quotation is really steep and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable Toyota workshop preferably in Al Quoz...
Tricky question. Do you have timing belt or chain? Did you replace already timing belt at 90,000 km? If you have timing chain Toyota advices to change it at 150,000 km. Nissan has chain for lifetime...

All your mentioned changes are unnecessary, unless you see the leaks visually. Crankshaft seal leak cannot be seen form outside, unless you remove engine and open it outside. Rather costly check...
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Chief , for your guidance...

The Prado 120series is fitted with a chain which like your Nissan does not need replacement.
Al Futtaim suggested I replace the front crank seal at the last service but I cannot see any oil leaks
Maddie

The water pump should be changed as a precaution, even if you dont see a leak. Normal use will see it easily pass 250k+ but its Toyota that lasted 150k of extreme usage. Crankshaft seal, I have no idea about. Did u ask Alfuttaim what's wrong with the Crank seal? The hose pipes you can get changed at any radiator shop.

There is a saying that you can find toyota parts at any grocery !! Check any decent looking garage and the can easily change ur water pump. Try FK garage in Hor al anz, wouldn't take more than an hour max. Ask for Niyaz there, make sure he does it, would be less than 100 and they would change the hose pipes same time.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Iqsaan;30771 wrote:Thanks Chief , for your guidance...

The Prado 120series is fitted with a chain which like your Nissan does not need replacement.
Al Futtaim suggested I replace the front crank seal at the last service but I cannot see any oil leaks
How do they know???