Breast Cancer Awareness Drive

Faizan

Hello Everyone,

First of all thank you to Solmaz and all the support for arranging this great drive.

I extend my heartfelt gratitude for arranging this meaningful breast cancer awareness drive. The commitment to making a difference is truly commendable.

The Drive was pleasant thanks for Scorpio and shamsi. BBq was even more relaxed, climate was amazing with pleasant winds.

Thank you to all the chefs including Al-Jamhi, Ahmed, Vika, Ely, Tabubaker and more for their efforts. You guys are awesome 👏

See you soon everyone.

Warm Regards,
Faizan
White Prado
Vika

Breast Cancer Awareness drive 2023 🎀

Hello everyone!

All I can say is that any event organized by @Solmaz is always special for me. It is always something filled with some kind of uniqueness, which only a woman is capable of, and not just a woman, but a Woman-Marshal. This is something very tender, but at the same time bordering on some incredible strength and energy.

The topic of Cancer, unfortunately, is the most alarming today and participating in supporting the prevention of this disease is a big part of my life. I express my deep gratitude that our club does not remain indifferent to such large-scale problem. Since I come from the country where the largest number of people become sick as a result of the Chernobyl catastrophe on 26th April, 1986, i was just 4 years old and my city was just 800 km away, when about 155 thousand square meters were contaminated. May God bless all of you and your loved ones, as well as all people on earth🙏

Once again, many thanks to @Solmaz and all the organizers, our impeccable Crew team in organizing this event.

I was very happy to see all the girls whom I knew before and whom I saw for the first time. Thank you for your participation.

A huge thank to all my gangsters for organizing the barbecue and to everyone who made this event happened.

With love ❤️

Yours Vika.

"The most effective way to do it, is just to do it"
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters
Breast Cancer Awareness Drive 21/10/2023 – firstly I would like to give a huge Thank You to @Solmaz for agreeing to post this drive and the Founder and marshals who agreed to assist @AlShamsi_m @presa, @Rashidjass @Rapailo @Scorpio without who this drive would not have been possible.
Thank you also to Crew, Media and Intermediates for turning up to support the drive.
And of course, a huge thank you to the Members who registered to support this very worthy cause.
The drive was a huge success and I think once of the largest gatherings we have seen id quite a while.
With such a large group of drivers the marshals split into 3 convoys – the “Ladies” let by @Solmaz – it was great to see so many lady members taking part – and we look forward to seeing many of you in the regular drives during the winter season.
For the drive itself I was positioned as sweeper with @Rapailo’s convoy with @Carloss in 2nd Lead, @Petr mid convoy for support @Ehab capturing all the action on Film, @Presa floating around in his stock Xterra making it look too easy! and @Rashid floating around and playing on the bigger dunes.
As it turns out my trusty Wasp V2 (Yellow FJ) was not available for me to drive – I think it was stolen ! But I was lucky enough to borrow “Mars” for the day (wife’s Red FJ) so any photos you may have seen posted in the group chat of my Wasp V2 crested on a high dune – it was NOT me, but rather whoever it was that borrowed my car and proceeded to “Drive it like he Stole it”

On a more serious note – the drive was a lot of fun with @Rapailo choosing a track to challenge the drivers just a little to ensure it got their adrenaline going while navigating the track.

At the end of the drive the 3 convoys converged at the seating area to enjoy the company of the Almost4x4 Family, a fantastic BBQ was prepared as everyone sat around and chit chatted into the evening, eventually it was time to head out on the gatch road to the highway and head home.
Looking forward to the event next year as I think this drive will be an annual fixture in the drive calendar for years come.
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Abdelkhalek

Big thank you to Solmaz and all Marshalls and support team.
I joined the newbie convoy and this was my sons first ride with me and we both really enjoyed it.
Had a couple of oops moments landing :) towards the end of the drive bit certainly was a fun and easy going ride...
Great to be a part of this group and looking forward to continue learning and developing my skills.

Thanks everyone again
piotr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fantastic initiative from @Solmaz and commitment from the entire Almost4x4 community to remind the members of such important and often overlooked topic of Breast cancer - in the club's unique way.
BTW, given all the activities arranged by the Club are arranged pro-bono, this seems also like a perfect way to give back something to the community/world by supporting the Al Jalila Foundation!

The event itself was (as it is always the case) perfectly arranged, with many-many members present (along with their families - it was great to see you all (again)).

It took 3 convoys to clear the small crowd, I got a place in one led by @Scorpio. The track carved by the Lead Marshal was "just right" - not too easy, not too challenging, so that everybody could enjoy the desert to the fullest (incl. the drivers and the passengers) - I was accompanied by my father, and Karol, and they both came back craving for more! There was a little bit of action on a couple of ascents with a few second tries, but all handled by the drivers themselves. Also seems the desert is turning more green nowadays (climate change?), with the grass catering for quite a bumpy ride.

The weather also "played ball" with nice breeze making the camp after the drive very enjoyable - I was sad to leave before the BBQ got fully going.

Overall we covered 33km in just over 2h (1:40 moving)

Big kudos and thank you for all the Marshals and Support team who made this event possible!

See you in the sand soon!
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone,

Solmaz’s events do not normally disappoint anybody, and this was not an exemption 😊 And not only her, I would extend also my gratitude to the Crew team comprising Rathica, Brett and Kimoz who were for sure part of the event’s organization.

As expected, plenty of people showed up, solo drivers (boys and girls), couples and families but all with the same feeling of being part of a bigger family and some eager to support Al Jalila Foundation in this Breast Cancer Awareness initiative.

The Drive was divided in three convoys and I was selected in Rapailo’s less experienced one as second lead…even though I looked somewhere else on purpose by the time he was making the decision (LOL).

Everything went well as planned, I guess, with no major situations beyond the typical second tries and stucks. Our newbies’ fellas are still learning how to properly “polish” their skid plates and underneath parts of the car by the time they are attempting straight cresting 😊. It will eventually come, don’t worry.

Even though most of my family and friends ended up in the ladies convoys, I took my son with me who started to be bored at some point of time due to the lack of “action” but I managed to get that sorted when in one of the breaks I requested permission for checking my suspensions…again, weird noises when driving slow!!! (LOL).

We finished on time in the sitting area where a nice BBQ was under preparation. Thanks a lot to the people involved in the cooking and kudos for the outcome. Everything was delicious!

Me and my family went back home with bellies full and big smiles and looking forward for the next family friendly event.

See you soon
Carlos
Solmaz
Marshal
Marshal

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your kind words. I honestly love organizing all sorts of drives and events for my Almost family but the ladies drives have a special place in my heart. We usually have two per year, one for the International Women's Day in March and one in October for the Breast Cancer Awareness month.

This years version, thanks to our great crew's vision, was the most memorable and most impactful one. As they addressed a few times in the club chat, this disease do not only effect women, it effects everyone, so this time we invited all our members to this special drive and to support the fight with this disease. Thank you all for your time and donations to Al Jalila Foundation. If you have missed it, you can still do it directly from the link : https://www.aljalilafoundation.ae/get-i ... -donation/

On the drive day, when I reached the meeting point, I was greeted by many smiling faces and happy kids running around with pink balloons in hand (great initiative by @Vika). With the weather finally letting us breath outside, this felt like the beginning of a great winter season.

After the attendance group divided into 3 and I had the pink convoy. My girls were amazing as always. After a bumpy start, we had a relaxed and a smooth drive with amazing views of the Faqaa landscape with many sightings of the local animals. We saw a huge owl, a ghazel family, a few lizards here and there. We looked for camels too but they decided to hide this time. Usually we are the ones who avoid them. Finally, as the headliners of the day we reached the camp last to enjoy the sunset with everyone.

I want to thank the crew, @brett , @KIMOz, @nidal78, @Laarni for their initiative and support, @alshamsi_m and our marshals for being amazing as always, but my superhero of the day was @Rathica, she really is a force of nature and she somehow magically appears wherever she is needed. Thank you girl for the great support and that one other thing <3

One last note for the BBQ team, even though i missed the deadline to register for the BBQ, people kept bringing me food from all directions and I have to tell you that they were all amazing. Especially the mince filled veggies that were done by @Vika and @Ely were something else!!

Thank you all for joining and hope to see you all in sand.
Oasis

Apologies for the delay in writing this! Luckily I have a fairly good memory. 😬 Furthermore, how can I forget the one of two Ladies Only convoys I have taken part in, lead by the wonderful Solmaz. And this time, for a good cause to raise awareness for Breast Cancer. It was amazing to see such a good turn out, male and female drives alike, which were split into two convoys as per their gender.

I can’t vouch for the less fair sex 😜, but our drive totally rocked! A concise group with great energy and a very fluid drive with a few quite challenging parts (profanities were involved!) 😬

As always, a big thank you to the main lead (in this case Solmaz) and the marshals for all your organisation, expertise, assistance, professionalism… and safety consciousness.