Desert Gazing - Lost in Space

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

This weekend was a special one because we opened the door again for the newbies 5+ to join our night drives. I had to go on Wednesday and design a very enjoyable route for the newbies in Sweihan cool

As planned we had a solid 2 hours drive with no major issues at all except a few second tries. While passing area two we met the intermediate who already finished their SOLO and enjoyed an extra quick spin by Gorgio. Everyone enjoyed the chill next to Nehil Oaisis and had hot drinks and snacks until midnight.

It was another successful drive and thanks to all who stood over to pick up my car from the desert because it was LOST IN SPACE !!! brigade.baka-wolf.com

Till next time stay safe and see you in EID event thumbsup

Cheers
Shamsi

Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
waseem.mushif

Hello Everyone,

This was my first night drive and quite an interesting one because it gave me a chance to learn via offroad lights and findout ways in a dark.

The main learning was to maintain safe distance in a dark is different than sunlight for which I got couple of warnings and it was improved till end of the drive. Another learning was never fight against gravity even if anyone forced you to do so.

The drive was started with smooth pace, during initial hour we lost Jimny due to machenical failure (Happy to heard it recovered), but it didn't stop the rhythm, drive continued and end up on time without any major stuck and few retries overall. Thanks to @Shamsi and @Abu Baker for the overall pleasure and support..

Love to be a part of beautiful ALMOSTERS family and wish to connect again on Eid drive!!!

Cheers and wish you a bless ramadan.

Xterra Night..!!!
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters

Initially I signed up for Solo Bats – but I wasn’t overly confident that I was ready for negotiating the dunes alone in the dark, so when the “Lost in Space” drive was posted I decided this was a better option for me and I switched to lend my support to @alshamsi_m and his 6+ convoy.
I arrived very early at a by now very familiar meeting point. With nearly an hour to wait for the official meeting time. I was surprised to soon be joined by @laarni, she had traveled down with @Tomvanhouten and left him at the solo bats meeting point.
Eventually others started to arrive and deflate in preparation for the drive. @Alshamsi_m arrived in the Jimny and I could see the look of trepidation in the eyes of some of the Newbies !
So off we went into the darkness with @kimoz in 2nd lead, me in the middle of the convoy @laarni sweeping and @Mabubaker floating.
The weather was perfect, the sand was super soft, the convoy made steady progress and surprisingly there were no stucks or recoveries needed so it was a very relaxing drive for the support crew. Then midway the Jimny decided to misbehave and had to be left a top of a dune to be collected later. @alshamshi_m switched to piloting @laarni FJ rendering her as a passenger for the rest of the drive – but being passenger with the master of the dark is a great experience, so I am sure she appreciated the opportunity.
For the most part the radio was quiet and the flow was good considering the conditions, a few 2nd tries which by all accounts could have been avoided if the drivers had maintained the right following distance – not too close, not too far.
The drive came to an end after covering around 50km and we sat above an oasis to enjoy coffee, karak and food from around the world.
The Solo Bats then appeared after having gone for a bonus drive with @giorgio after completing the GPS challenge.
It was great to be joined by the more experienced intermediates @carloss, @sorin, @rathica, @david, @Tomvanhouten @pedro_leah and marshals @rashidjass, @scorpio, @singh, @presa, @giorgio @optimus
And thanks also to the Newbies in our convoy @Pitor, @galindakis, @Preggy @Mghoneim, @ahmadtodxb @waseem.mushif and the omni present passenger @paddy
As Ramadan and the night drives come to an end - Ramadan Mubarak to our Almost4x4 family.
Looking forward to seeing many of you on the Eid Family Drive this coming Saturday Afternoon.
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron