G Force

Ehab
media
media

Optimus surprised us mid week with an intermediate trip in an area most of us never visited called Um Aloush. It was much needed trip specially for me due to exhausting workload in the previous week.
Few of us camped the night before and it was amazing, very quite place, clear sky with 360 view of amazing and crystal clear stars.
Woke up early in the morning, nice breakfast and coffee, chilling next to the fire and of course a quick dune bashing. The dunes in front of us were tempting and we could not resist.
Lunch time and 1 hour to the drive, quick meal and another cup of coffee before we join the official drive.
The plan was to drive on the gatch road next to the dunes and then come back through the dunes. We were informed that this area is not like others, a lot of bushes, sharp dunes and large bowls. But that was not it, starfish dunes were the cherry on top of the tart.
Few second tries and some impossible climbs after few cars crossing due to chewed track, one popout and one stuck (mine🫣). One of the very nice climbs was impossible after the 4th car crossed, no matter what you do, it was impossible, marshals tried it, old intermediates, there was no way, so we were rerouted to different track which was not easier 🤦🏻‍♂️ at all. I was the first car after the floating marshal and while approaching the crest i was warned that its very sharp crest so be extra careful, i was hesitant for less than 2 seconds and reduced my speed to end up crested where a nasty ditch is on my right and very steep soft drop on my left.
The position was tricky and i knew it will be difficult for another car to come and rescue me so i started digging, Shamsi took the rest of the convoy through a different route trying to reach me without taking huge risk. Digging and the fj magic button did not help at all, first pull was also not successful and only with a hard pull i was free, what an experience.

The trip continued and the convoy performed better in the second half with minimum second tries and no incidents, we reached the end point but all of us were shocked how time passed that quickly.

It was an amazing trip in an amazing area, we really need a full day there.
Enjoy watching

G-Force in Um Al Oush