Velocity 12/11/2022

David
Intermediate
Intermediate

Drive in the Abu Dhabi side of Al Faqqa, good size convoy lead by Rapailo with Optimus and Shamsi as Marshall support.

I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about the drive as only my 2-3rd drive in the FJ and my 1st interm. Very happy with how things went, plenty to get used to but in general terms very pleased with the first drive at a decent level. I know it was a relatively easy interm drive but still very good news. Basics of driving and safety are the same regardless of the car so hoping I will adapt fast.

I really enjoyed a couple of sections where Rade managed to achieve a very enjoyable pace and flow, he did a great job delivering a fun drive that the convoy followed without too many incidents and/or second tries.

I also got the chance to assist with my 1st FJ recovery, I was too gentle to start with, I really thought with the extra weight you would have to be more gentle but it seems you still have to give it "a good pull".

Thank you to Optimus for organizing the drive and keeping an eye on our safety, Rade for a great lead and Shamsi for always being there to provide guidance and support.

See you on the sand soon.
orlantsev
Advance
Advance

Hi all,

the trip was posted as a surprise. Chat was very quiet, good that I refreshed the app shortly after it was announced.

The drive location was in a familiar Al Faqa, just an hour and something from my location in Abu Dhabi.

It was a good attendance. @rapailo advised to expect a regular intermediate drive, nothing extreme, and rather focus on technique.

After warm up during which few second tries and one crest happened, the flow was good. Last 40 minutes or so was high pace, without interruptions, silent radio - pure joy.

We finished on time at 11 am sharp.
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

Saturday morning, great company and beautiful dunes ahead!

I really enjoyed Velocity, this area is just so fitting for all levels. We did a night drive here before and I remember several people being glad to be out. This time we went during daylight, fast, sharp and technical..absolutely great!

Thanks @rapailo for the lovely lead (although, you were tired), @alshamsi_m and @optimus for their guidance when needed.

Absolutely enjoyed!

Tom
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone!

Velocity drive was an orthodox one, meaning no room for going wild, very safe, nice flow and sufficient level for making it fun. thumbsup

The selected playground was already known for everybody so no surprises on that however, @rapailo managed to “find gold” cool even in small dunes making a sort of “highway” track for the convoy to follow with some sections of the drive fast pace (last one, especially).

Convoy was a bit rusty at the beginning with some second tries and one stuck but after some time, it started to perform like a “Swiss watch” and ended up running quite fast & well :serious_business: in the second half of the drive.

I wanted to have some more at the end because it was 3hrs sharp only brigade.baka-wolf.com but sometimes it is good not to push too much just in case…with Liwa drives around the corner maybe worthwhile to be prudent.

Thanks a lot @rapailo for an amazing lead, @optimus for organizing and providing guidance, @alshamsi_m for supporting and not leading the drive with his little green devil Psmiley and @orlantsev for the support.

See you soon!
Carlos
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi everyone

A fast and smooth drive was executed by @rapailo in Al Faqaa. I was testing my 4x4 in the Jimny so had really good testing for it.

No idea how but suddenly we were back to same gate finishing the drive. I think they were right when they said: Good times fly like fruits.

Till next time, keep the sand flying

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills