Jamboree Reloaded

Duli

Another great day out with the Almost family :like:

Reached the meeting point at 8:30 and was greeted with the smiling faces of @ALKHATIB, @zico, @Abu Jimmy.

The drivers were called for a short briefing by Khatib and Abu Jimmy. We were advised that we will be driving in 1 convoy of 24 cars and safe distance and convoy rules are important.

We started driving from the meeting point to the start point, where we deflated and lined up for the action.

The drive started with part 1 being a simple route which was mostly on flat ground driving and high speed. At one point on a long stretch of flat ground while we were driving at approx 60-80kms/hr there were camels on the side of the track we were driving. @Rashidjass and me were driving side to side more like a race :thumbsup: when one of the camels was just jealous that we were using horse powers under the hood instead of camel power and decided to race us. We were leading the race against him when he decided to use his tactics to win the race by scaring us bymoving into our tracks and returning back to his which resulted in Rashid and me coming to a halt, after which the camel happily crossed our path and raced to the finishing line :yuush:.

We then reached Nazwa which was the beginning to part 2 of the drive, here we faced some dunes heading to 2nd December. After approaching here, some of the group members headed to the near mosque for Friday prayers while others waited for us to return.

Once the group was united again, we crossed the road to start part 3 and 4. Now the drive got more technical here. This part saw 2nd attempts and 2 pop outs and 1 situation with @orlantsev's car stuck in V shaped ditch with his front bumper into the dune, which was safely recovered.

Overall this was a great long drive which covered approx 100kms.

Thank you @ALKHATIB, @Abu Jimmy, @zico, @Rashidjass, @Hamdan, @zico, @Hockey, @refad, [MENTION=2336]yasir[/MENTION] and all the participants for the wonderful day out.

Pics of the drive will be posted soon.

Till next time have fun and tc
Anvi

A Trip that put all the lessons learnt from previous drives to test except endurance.

Forgot to keep the Walkie-Talkie for charging during breaks, eventually it drained off, as this was never needed during the normal trips.

I was the fifth vehicle in the convoy and was lucky to see a small herd of gazelles running.

Thank you all, especially the Marshals for a wonderful 2014 year ending drive.
orlantsev
Advance
Advance

Let me briefly share a bit more details about my little misfortune, so that others can learn from it. After the lunch and prayer break we moved into little bigger dunes, and I was the third car. It was a considerable climb and I think my focus went into car momentum and I did not exactly follow the track. I reckon I deviated only by 1 meter or so to the left from Rita's (who was in front of me) track, but instead of staying on a flat ground after the ascent I went straight into the ditch. It was of the space just enough to 'nest' my FJ. At first it scared me, but I avoided the worst due to the fact that I reduced a speed by a lot at the end of the climb, and that the ditch was mostly a pile of soft sand. The only very minor damage was to the front bumper which anyway has to be fixed after 'catch me if you can' (never rush to fix this kind of damage). When it happened I rushed to the radio to report as my biggest worry was for the car behind to follow my track and 'meet' me below. Due to stress and rush I cannot recall if I identified myself. Zico, Khatib and RashidJass instructed to deflate the front tires and remove the sand with the shovel. After it was done Khatib drove the car out. This incident really teaches that:
1. you need to precisely follow the track.
2. you should always be prepared for unexpected things to happen.
Overall, I am glad that I escaped the incident without damage and thanks to the Almost family for help with recovery.
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was a long drive covering approximately 100 KM. First half up to the lunch break was fast pace high speed rally style drive , followed by the more challenging drive in afternoon. The Sand happened to be really soft near Fossil Rock, we had few stuck, many second tries, but it did not slow us down, everyone worked it out in a pro way. Have to remember, we all get stuck and second tries, but how we handle it make a big difference.

Thanks Marshals and all participants to make this event memorable.
Alok708

Hi Friends,

Another amazing day at the desert with second family. I had one of my uncles, who was on a visit visa to UAE, with me as passenger. He is generally an adventure oriented person and went back COMPLETELY enthralled by the experience. He was highly appreciative of the planning, support, teamwork and fun that he saw in action. Since he actually happens to be my wife's real uncle, this drive with Almost4x4 earned me some valuable brownie points with my in-laws :thumbsup:.

Occurs to me that there could be unexpected benefits of being a part of such a fabulous club!! :011::011:

The gentleman is now after my life to find a way for him to be in the driving seat when he visits Dubai next !!!

Personally for me it was perhaps the longest singular drive in the desert and I really enjoyed every bit of it. The route was a great blend of flat fast surfaces, to amazing drops, to perspiring climbs and technical dunes. All the marshals were at their best as always and fellow off-roaders provided great company. Though I did begin to feel a little tired towards the fag end of the drive, personally I felt happy at having completed the drive without any stuck or re-tires (except for a minor second attempt).

At the cost of being repetitive, I would once again like to thank all the marshals and fellow drivers for making my day. God Bless!

Cheers!
Alok
Arun Pandyat

The Jamboree Reloaded drive was the longest drive around 95 KMS. The 1st session was easy with almost flat area and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th session was with medium type of dunes with technical area. We started from Eppco petrol pump in Al Ain road after the outlet mall and entered in to desert from somewhere in Lahbab road then we reached Tawi Nazwa, Pink rock and 2nd December. We had a lunch and prayer break at 2nd December. Then we headed towards Al Faya area and reached Fossil Rock and end of the drive at petrol pump after Fossil Rock. The drive was fun and without major issues. We had 2 pop out and few second try and few stuck. One pop out was by me due to stuck. [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3678]Hockey[/MENTION] help me to do self-recovery and [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] told me to floor and I was bit scared and end up in pop out.

We were total 24 cars and except first 3 cars no body was stick to their position. After each break the convoy order was broken. Every time I was cop up with the driving style and distance from the car in front of me. My stuck was also happened due to some wrong judgment. My stuck was happened bottom of Fossil rock. I was at the tail of the convoy and the track was little rotten. I was under the impression that the car in front of me will pass the dune and he reduced the speed but he passed the dune. But I lost the momentum and don’t have much space to react or I was late to react.

Lesson from the drive: Regardless the driver and the car in front of you, you have to keep always safe distance. In my case I didn’t keep enough distance and end up in stuck and pop-out.

Thanks you very much Marshals and organizers for the wonderful drive. See you all in the next drive. Take care.
Hassanz

[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 2306&stc=1[/IMG]

The Longest trip covered so far, but it was one of kind of experience...As we ere about to end the last sector I had a pop out and got stuck at the same time. This was first recovery in the whole trip, all jumped in to help, marshals watching as fellow club members helped...the only damage I incurred was a damaged jack due bad placement.

Everything was a experience, the long drive, popout, recovery, different terrains, fast drive. Again thank you marshals for an awesome trip!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duli