Desert Birds

orlantsev
Advance
Advance

First of all thanks to Yoghy for allowing 10+ to join this Saturday trip.

For me it was the third drive with Almost family in one week, and I felt a bit of 'desert hangover' after Liwa. However, when the bug bites and the desert calls you find no excuse. I woke up and drove my parents to the airport to catch morning flight, returned to Dubai Downtown to pick up a friend visiting from Malaysia and drove to the famous Badayer meeting point. By 8 am I felt I have accomplished already a lot since the start of the day. I really like this 'chicken' lifestyle when you wake up with sunrise and sleep with sunset.

The convoy was small, with Yoghy as a lead, Aby Jimmy as a sweep, and RashidJass (guess what, surprise, surprise... a rescue). After Friday madness at Badayer there were so many existing tracks and it was a huge contrast from the virgin sand of Liwa. The convoy did quite well. I can see the car composition in the club changing a bit as there are more and more trucks. We reached the Pink Rock with only few minor delays, so I guess RashidJass could soon become 'jobless'. Driving back was even less eventful and we reached the shops at 10:45.

It was a relaxed morning 'wake up' drive. Best regards to all.
Alyasi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi almosters
Yas Orlantsev it was a relaxed morning wake up drive.
But When I reached the meeting point the convey was already moved.
So I went after the convey to catch it. after Abu Jimmy agreed me to join the convey.
I ended up joining the convey from the head surprising the leader and made some noise.
[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 2250&stc=1[/IMG]
sanbloody

Many Thanks for Marshals for considering 10+ for this drive.
Convoy was lead by Yoghybear, sweeping by Abu Jimmy and rescue by Rashid. Its was relaxing drive and a refresher also.

Thanks Marshals
yboi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Many thanks to [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] for organising this trip and to [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] for sweeping. For me, the trip was fun and another chance to get a better feel of the car, which I’m still getting used to. But I’ve made a dumb newbie mistake of not filling up before the trip and leaving Dubai with a little less than a half tank of fuel. So I had to bail out earlier as I was running with yellow light on since pink rocks, I think I could’ve made it to the end of the trip, but didn’t want to risk it. This is where I thank [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] for leading me to the road. Also, the decision to leave was made so fast, it’s only later I realised that I’ve not said bye to the rest of the convoy – really sorry about that.
All in all it was great meeting with you guys. See you next time.