The Mighty mouse

Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Arrived a lil early than expected and started preparing for the drive
I must say Mazaaj u did a very good job leading today and all our skills were put to the test. Your mighty mouse is pretty daring to reach the places we went :D. I did learn alot from this trip.The trip was well organized action packed and fast paced. Towards the end of the trip i did mess up the decline from fossil rock due to not knowing which side my steering was facing and was on the verge of roll over however by gods grace took control of the car and got home safely
ps:I Have the video footage of my decent from fossil rock hope the video will help you guys and you wont do the same mistake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjEHp-aM5-s
sanbloody

Awesome drive, all the driver's skill were tested well by the marshals. Great job by Majaaz, Shamsi, Rashid and Refad.

Learnt a lot from this drive. Looking forward for some more!!
orlantsev
Advance
Advance

Hello, the drive started with a tools check which was announced by marshals in the trip posting. I guess everyone was ok, and no one went home. Mazaaj introduced the “Mighty Mouse” which became the lead car. Also margarita introduced her new ‘kesha’.

We started from Badayer shops, crossed the road and headed in the direction of Pink rock. Just before we left Mazaaj asked me to keep proper distance. Indeed I always needed to be mindful of the fact there was a weaker vehicle in front of me even though that vehicle was driven by a superb driver. Just on the approach to the rock some drivers had problem crossing one dune. I could not see the details of what was going on there, but I saw that alshamsi_m was out of his car and loudly giving instructions without the radio. He then stood where the drivers were supposed to cross and from the outside it looked dangerous as some cars were coming very close to him. Unlike some other drives when drivers waited for the car in front to climb the Pink rock, this time the drivers were told not to stop, but follow each other by maintaining the distance.

After the Pink rock, there was a section of smaller technical dunes which were expertly navigated by Mazaaj and some flat ground. Mazaaj had to leave for home emergency and alshamsi_m took over the lead. As we were approaching the Fossil rock the dunes got bigger and adrenalin was proportionate to their size.
Before the drop from the Fossil rock we were reminded about the technique and switched to 4L. The drop and what could happen if basic rules are not followed is well described in Defragmantor narrative.

It was a great drive with plenty opportunities for learning in different terrain. Unfortunately I could not join the afternoon “Drive with the wife” as I am busy preparing my house move. Thanks to all.
Sambhu

Hi Almoster ,

While Driving to Badayer , got a honk from another Car what i saw " it was MIGHTY MOUSE " just passed by me.

After reaching the Badayer Shop i saw mazaaj coming out of the Car , Mazaaj Introduced us to MIGHTY MOUSE and assured us that he will do the best to lead the convoy .

MIGHTY MOUSE did very well to lead us ,crossing all types of dunes which we were not able to do. But due to some personal reason MIGHTY MOUSE had to Leave us to head back Home , Mazaaj left us in safe hands of Shamshi after that Shamshi led the convoy .

Drive Started with the Tool Check by Rashid and Mazaaj ,We started from badayer to Pink rock to Fossil Climb and then the Fossil Drop , unfortunately me and Dulli was not able to make the Fossil Drop as Dulli,s Car Tyre got Punctured and by the time the tyre was repaired with help from Rashid the convoy was at the Fossil Drop and the drop was done. Rashid lead me and dulli from another route to catch up with the convoy just next to the fossil drop where we saw the convoy heading toward the road .

This drive we learned lot of fast drive skills and also small dunes to pass in slow .

Thanks to all Marshals for organizing such a great Drive.

THANKS MIGHTY MOUSE HOPE TO SEE U AGAIN IN SAND
Duli

[MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION], I hope all is well with you.

This was another great drive arranged for the 10+ members teaching us more technical things. Yesterday's trip was to teach us drops (BIG drops).

As mentioned in the earlier posts, the trip started with the tools check and introduction to the Mighty Mouse and off we headed.

Mighty Mouse debut in the sands was just perfect, after all they say "its the driver and not the car" Well done [MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION].

Just before approaching the Pink Rocks climb we all were tested by the mighty mouse. A huge climb and turn back down and crest over to the other side. Few of the members had some problems either due to fighting gravity or due to loss of momentum. Few members were called out of their cars by [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] and were shown where they went wrong and how to rectify. And that's how we learn with Almost 4x4

After that a fast paced drive zig zagging on various dunes to Coffee Dunes where we took a short break and a nice chit chat session. After the break again a fast paced drive to head to Fossil Rock.

Just then [MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION] had to leave us due to some emergency and the lead was then [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION]

On the way we were taken up a huge uphill course a mix of soft sand and hard surface. Due to one member loosing power and unable to do the final crest at the top resulted in the 4 last cars to drive back down the hill and do it once again, which everyone did successfully.

We headed up the fossil rocks. On the way up I got my first ever car casualty... A deep cut on my right front tire by the sharp edge of a rock which I thought I had crossed successfully. Due to this I had to drive down followed by [MENTION=8632]Sambhu[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION].
[MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] is surely the recovery champion in this club :thumbsup:. The tire was fixed quick (Thank you [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4569]NoumanK[/MENTION]). Once done we were heading to the group when [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] radioed in to tell us they were done with the drop and were heading out. I was sad that I could not make it up there to learn and see the drop but on the other hand I was happy that I learned something else (fixing / changing) a tire :grin:

Sorry [MENTION=8632]Sambhu[/MENTION], due to me, you missed out on the drop.

One point I would like to make, even though I DO NOT say I am perfect at this: Please use the radio wisely. We are a 10+ group and should already know how to use the radio while communicating. Yesterday I noticed quite a few communications but I will just mention 2 of them.

1- Stop stop I am doing second round (OK... but who are you and who should stop)
2- Traffic incoming from the left... Silence (Hmmm... this leaves drivers thinking whether the traffic is ahead of them or have they already passed it) Saying your name will surely help all drivers know. (We all know the Marshals voices so we don't need their names... but only members)

Thank you all for an amazing Friday morning

See you next time

Till then have fun and be safe.
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello almosters,

I was supposed to be between you in this drive, but unfortunately I didn't heard my morning alarm (it happens...) I woke up at 9am and jumped in my car heading Al Badayer, once I was close to Nazwa shops I called Defragmantor and I was told that the convoy is heading Pink Rock, 2nd December area. So I changed my direction to 2nd December grocery, deflated my tires and mounted the flag. I hit the sand and climbed the pink rock. I was looking for any almoster flags... nothing... my radio was on the wrong channel as well, no luck. :innocent: So I drove from Pink rock back to Al Badayer with the hope to see my fellows almosters, but I didn't knew they were heading fossil rock.
At my arrival to Al Badayer, I found Play Time convoy lead by DL and sweeped by Yoghybear, so we chitchat a bit waiting Bu Salem and Mazaaj, but time was out and no one was back, so I called again Defragmantor who told me that they are at fossil rock and heading the petrol station. So I went there to say Hi to everybody and apologize for my absence...

To summarize:
1) You snooze you lose
2) I did a solo drive from Pink Rock to al Badayer which I don't recommend to any newbie without marshal, because one of the hazard was that sand had no contrast on that morning, you are surprised from coming ditches. It was risky...
3) [MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION] I apologize for not showing up on meeting time. I really missed a drive that sounds so good.

Regards to all,
Sambhu

Dulli ,

After we finished and when we reached Petrol station , i told Shamshi that we both Missed the Drop .
Do you know what he told me " there is always next Time"

So Keep Hope and never Mind
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Duli;39182]One point I would like to make, even though I DO NOT say I am perfect at this: Please use the radio wisely. We are a 10+ group and should already know how to use the radio while communicating. Yesterday I noticed quite a few communications but I will just mention 2 of them.

1- Stop stop I am doing second round (OK... but who are you and who should stop)
2- Traffic incoming from the left... Silence (Hmmm... this leaves drivers thinking whether the traffic is ahead of them or have they already passed it) Saying your name will surely help all drivers know. (We all know the Marshals voices so we don't need their names... but only members)
[/quote]
Thank you for your comments and for all others, it's a must to read the following blog:

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... -Way-Radio
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=MOMO;39183]3) @Mazaaj I apologize for not showing up on meeting time. I really missed a drive that sounds so good.

[/quote]
No need for apology, you got only one single black point :whut:
bijubs

dear mates,

it was wonderful experience to read this trip report as [MENTION=5597]Defragmantor[/MENTION] video explain the seriousness of diversion while descending dunes , can you mention exactly what went wrong ? is the downward gravity and a slight right cut goes wrong ? or just a bilk of concentration ? or a overconfidance that vehicle will take you thru the existing foot ? - if you mention it will be a good guide to us,

hope to get chance to drive next time.