6x6 cars

Gilles

There is an article in The National about 6x6 cars.

Are these for real? I wonder how well they would drive in the sand.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/mercedes-6x6-will-be-king-of-uaes-roads
Suhail
Advance
Advance

Yes Gilles it's real.. this car was tested in Dubai.. take a look:

[video=youtube;rQ6Hd8F3ox0][/video]
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

It was on display at the Dubai Motor Show last week 2.5 mil a piece
Maddie

I think it's a joke or a poor excuse. I dont think it will be able to make one sharp crest in Liwa "all show no go"
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Maddie;30177]I think it's a joke or a poor excuse. I dont think it will be able to make one sharp crest in Liwa "all show no go"[/quote]

I don't think so, considering the size for sure it is not a monster of agility, but in the right hands can do a lot more than you can imagine.
You have power and torque in abundance, if you put a good driver, the game is done
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Maddie;30177]I think it's a joke or a poor excuse. I dont think it will be able to make one sharp crest in Liwa "all show no go"[/quote]

You must be joking, don't underestimate the power of MB in desert. Even with 4matic GL class, with city low profile un-deflated tyres, you can do better than any other deflated car. It's not show, in European countries, we call it technology.
Maddie

[quote=caprihorse;30183]You must be joking, don't underestimate the power of MB in desert. Even with 4matic GL class, with city low profile un-deflated tyres, you can do better than any other deflated car. It's not show, in European countries, we call it technology.[/quote]

All that weight added to that long a wheelbase, Chief this particular MB is a capable hardcore offroad platform?
Maddie

Oh, did I mention a 2 million price tag?
Mubz

[quote=Yoghybear;30180]in the right hands can do a lot more than you can imagine.
...................., if you put a good driver, the game is done[/quote]

Agree, we have seen Marshals in the Mini Me doing wonders :)
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Maddie;30186]All that weight added to that long a wheelbase, Chief this particular MB is a capable hardcore offroad platform?[/quote]

[quote=Maddie;30187]Oh, did I mention a 2 million price tag?[/quote]

the G63 AMG 6x6 gets a twin-turbocharged 5.5-litre V8 from AMG with 536bhp. Torque is a 560lb ft or if you prefer 760nm, 0-100 kmh in less than six seconds, 37" tyres, do you need more? ......and the price will not affect the off road performance, as mentionned by Capri this is HIGH-TECH, not peanuts!