Sand Bird

Black_Shrek

Ok, so it's not only me having troubles on this drive...
Prolly nobody noticed, but I was running on panadol during drive. Had fever whole night and nightmares that I'm late for the drive...
Started bit later than the Maybe convoy, had a rather long str8 track drive, as you can see on Chief's drive report.
Had a pop-out - something I prayed not to ever have, and for a year never had any... Well, there is always a start... Thanks Chief for the chance to try it on my own, I did not use the jack since 6 years I think :)
Made a "mistake" following "wrong" tracks but Chief was kind enough to let me do it again on the right tracks - I want that video :))
Came home, fever gone, all ok. But this was not the end of it :)
In the morning the popped-out tyre was flat.
Used the compressor and went to tyre shop. Verdict - broken valve. Cool. Fixed, sand removed, balanced all 4 tyres, did rotation.
One wheel nut was stuck in the wrench. Trying to remove it and the guys pushed the stud out of the axel. Now they had to remove the brake shoes to get to the stud and fix it back, took them 1 hour to do that. Easy to read but tough when waiting and watching...
Got 2 extra valves with cores to have as spares.
Cant wait to become 5+...
Cheers.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Black_Shrek;28507]Ok, so it's not only me having troubles on this drive...
Prolly nobody noticed, but I was running on panadol during drive. Had fever whole night and nightmares that I'm late for the drive...
Started bit later than the Maybe convoy, had a rather long str8 track drive, as you can see on Chief's drive report.
Had a pop-out - something I prayed not to ever have, and for a year never had any... Well, there is always a start... Thanks Chief for the chance to try it on my own, I did not use the jack since 6 years I think :)
Made a "mistake" following "wrong" tracks but Chief was kind enough to let me do it again on the right tracks - I want that video :))
Used the compressor and went to tyre shop. Verdict - broken valve. Cool. Fixed, sand removed, balanced all 4 tyres, did rotation.
One wheel nut was stuck in the wrench. Trying to remove it and the guys pushed the stud out of the axel. Now they had to remove the brake shoes to get to the stud and fix it back, took them 1 hour to do that. Easy to read but tough when waiting and watching...
Cant wait to become 5+...
Cheers.[/quote]

I hope you did replace all 4 valves... normally they are exposed to heat more as standard salon cars and valve rubber tends to brake, unless you use metallic valves. At next rip you may have the trouble on the other side...
Maddie

[quote=Black_Shrek;28507]Ok, so it's not only me having troubles on this drive...

Hope you are feeling better now !!

Had a pop-out - something I prayed not to ever have, and for a year never had any...
Well, there is always a start...
Thanks Chief for the chance to try it on my own, I did not use the jack since 6 years I think :)

Pop outs and stucks are like weekly tests at school, it helps us learn a bit more each time, too little pressure and rough turns maybe? :smile:

Used the compressor and went to tyre shop.

see? offroad equipment always comes in handy :grin:
Verdict - broken valve. Cool. Fixed, sand removed, balanced all 4 tyres, did rotation.

I had the same problems as you, I bought a set of Metal Valve Stems from Almost4x4 Auto Service and the only things i keep spare (or will have to change) are the valves inside. you could call Kallas :

Almost Auto Maintenance
Omar Al Kallas - Manager
+971 -6- 5441881
+971 -50- 9148155
+971 -50- 5881333
Coordinates: N25*18.780' E 55*26.670' :048:

Cant wait to become 5+ Good Luck

Cheers.[/quote]

Safe offroading
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Black_Shrek;28507]
....[/quote]

Glad your better now. Driving in the desert is RISKY.. it is an extreme sport, please keep in mind that when you are sick, your judgment, coordination and response times will be negativly impact and that will increase the risk to you and others. You MUST tell the leading marshal of your condition if you come on the trip.

As for the spare valves.. you might want to donate them. It's almost impossible to replace the valve stems without some tools that I have not seen ANY one carry in their car. Get the metal valves and significantly reduce the probability of damaging your valve.
Maddie

[quote=Desert Lizard;28526]Glad your better now. Driving in the desert is RISKY.. it is an extreme sport, please keep in mind that when you are sick, your judgment, coordination and response times will be negativly impact and that will increase the risk to you and others. You MUST tell the leading marshal of your condition if you come on the trip.

As for the spare valves.. you might want to donate them. It's almost impossible to replace the valve stems without some tools that I have not seen ANY one carry in their car. Get the metal valves and significantly reduce the probability of damaging your valve.[/quote]

DL Spare Valves, he means the pins inside and Cores he means valve stems , right?

unless he has EZdeflator and he uses old school method (quoting Strawb) he will need spare valves (pins), no?
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

"Got 2 extra valves with cores to have as spares." was clear enough to me = Two valves, with two cores (also known as pins). You should have spare cores (pins) regardless of the deflation method.
Black_Shrek

Caprihorse
Thanks, now it makes sense why the valves look so bad, I will do them as soon as.
Maddie & Desert Lizard
Thanks, was feeling much better during the drive, Im not a kid and understand what I am into here, and would never risk my life (and other`s comfort)
Desert Lizard
I do have a bunch of tools always handy, not the puller tho, u got me thinking of getting one :)

PS: so what really happened to make Marshals disappointed? we want public prosecution!!! I think I missed some deleted posts... :(
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Black_Shrek

If you search the almost4x4 forum , you will never find hatred or anger wards because we want out website to stay this way. I raised the points although you can see in our convoy that we were the happy convoy :like:

We could mention the names but this is not the case in here. Since we care for your feelings, we decided to write a general post and you can till if it is for you or not.... anyway ... We are back to the HAPPY MODE ... Sorry we have a short memory for anger " like a gold fish " so let us put it behind and SMILE.

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Black_Shrek

Ok. Fair enough.
Maddie

[quote=Desert Lizard;28528]"Got 2 extra valves with cores to have as spares." was clear enough to me = Two valves, with two cores (also known as pins). You should have spare cores (pins) regardless of the deflation method.[/quote]

Aiwah, so that's what they are called, Cores?

Now I know better. Thanks DL