Descent: 341 m
[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track42.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Vishal

It was an amazing day in the desert !! :D
sorry people for troubling you all and thanks marshallas for helping me out !! :D
learned alot today !
Hope to see you guys soon !! :D
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Amazing and hot day in the desert learned a lot today thanx to the Marshall ,chief , Abu jimmy and lambo for planning this trip
Jabster
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great day again thanks to the tireless efforts of our marshals and Lots of lessons learnt today by many.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Jabster
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Jabster

how is your experience with the FJ ? Isn't a total different world ? :059:
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Maddie

Simply amazing drive after almost 4 months. Readied everything at night after buying GTWheels and fixing the spare. Left Dubai at 6.20 and reached on time. Met everyone, a lot of new faces I must say. A roll-call and the newbies were split into 2 convoys; +5 and -5.
Off we went into the golden dunes behind Alkhatib, suported by Zico (Abu Tariq) and Chief on the sweep. What I was initially did was blindly follow the Rig in front of me but after a few Trail misses and commootion, Chief gathered us for a briefing after which, amazing abidence!! Thanks Chief !!

My first venture with the Bridgestiones on GTWheels, impressed even I say so :P

A few points to be highlighted WHICH ARE A REMINDER TO MYSELF.

1- As Chief time and again reminds us, maintaining proper distance is very important.
2- If the convoy is instructed to stop, please don't regroup in tight spaces. Look for a high point on the trail itself.
3- The flagpole is there for a reason, to know if the Rig ahead of you has cleared the ditch or not.
Please look for the flag and dont move behind it if it disappears, wait until you can see the flag reappear. And move on. If necessary, inquire on the Radio.
4- Roll call isn't only for attendance, that was only in School. Here, it is for that reason and another, to recognise each other. Please ask the Drive ahead of you or behind you. Calling out to the white Nissan or the black wrangler may seem OK to you but not all will understand it. Please communicate.
5- If any instruction is given to you by Chief or Marshal, please acknowledge it.
6- Calling on the Radio, first identify yourself. ''I am stuck, I am lost'' ?? Don't expect the Marshals to be psychic heheheheheheh.

Call like this as an example:

'Maddie to Chief, Do you copy OR Chief, Maddie here, OVER' as a call.

When given an instruction, acknowledge it by saying for example ''Understood chief, over''.

In my opinion, Jabster and Camille made very good use of the Radio today.
Inquire, Warn, Report.

If you face a situation, warn the Rig behind you.

For drivers with passengers, please do not distract the driver, IT COULD KILL YOU.
Offroading is not a joke, He needs full concentration.

Chief, Al Khatib, Zico, GnH, Doctor, DJ, Defragmantor, NoumanK, NasirDub Abu Jamil, Camille, jabster and eeverybody, thank you so much for making my day wonderful.
Maddie

Simply amazing drive after almost 4 months.
Readied everything at night after buying GTWheels and fixing the spare. Left Dubai at 6.20 and reached on time.

Met everyone, a lot of new faces I must say.

A roll-call and the newbies were split into 2 convoys; +5 and -5.
Off we went into the golden dunes behind Alkhatib, supported by Zico (Abu Tariq) and Chief on the sweep.

What I initially did was blindly follow the Rig in front of me but after a few Trail misses and resulting commotion, Chief gathered us for a briefing after which, amazing abidence!!

Thanks Chief !!

My first venture with the Bridgestiones on GTWheels, impressed even if I say so :P

A few points to be highlighted WHICH ARE A REMINDER TO MYSELF.

1- As Chief time and again reminds us, maintaining proper distance is very important.
2- If the convoy is instructed to stop, please don't regroup in tight spaces.
Look for a high point on the trail itself.
3- The flagpole is there for a reason, to know if the Rig ahead of you has cleared the ditch or not.
Please look for the flag and don't move behind it if it disappears and doesn't reappear, wait until you can see the flag reappear. And THEN move on.
If necessary, inquire on the Radio.
4- Roll call isn't only for attendance, that was only in School. Here, it is for that reason and another, to recognise each other. Please ask the Drive ahead of you or behind you. Calling out to the white Nissan or the black wrangler may seem OK to you but not all will understand it. Please communicate.
5- If any instruction is given to you by Chief or Marshal, please acknowledge it.
6- Calling on the Radio, first identify yourself. ''I am stuck, I am lost'' ?? Don't expect the Marshals to be psychic heheheheheheh.

Call like this as an example:

'Maddie to Chief, Do you copy OR Chief, Maddie here, OVER' as a call.

When given an instruction, acknowledge it by saying for example ''Understood chief, over''.

In my opinion, Jabster and Camille made very good use of the Radio today.
Inquire, Warn, Report.

If you face a situation, warn the Rig behind you.

For drivers with passengers, please do not distract the driver, IT COULD KILL YOU.
Offroading is not a joke, He needs full concentration.

Chief, Al Khatib, Zico, GnH, Doctor, Vishal, Defragmantor, NoumanK, NasirDub, Abu Jamil, Camille, Jabster and everybody, thank you so much for making my day wonderful.
Dave
Advance
Advance

Thank you Abu Jimmy, Lamboo, Yoghybear and the rest of the crew and marshals for the effort in organising another Almost4x4 drive through the dunes this morning. With just a two hour window from the drives being advertised to becoming ''sold out'' its clear everyone at the top is doing a good job. Its not an easy task planning a series of drives with all levels of experience and 4x4 toys whilst making sure everyone is happy, challenged and most importantly kept safe. Also, it was nice to see the whole convoy divert to help out a stranger stranded on top of a dune as we made our way to Pink Rock.

My lesson of the day was temperature vs tyre pressure. On our return from Pink Rock we all seemed to struggle a little more on the dunes. On the Marshals advice we were told to check our tyre pressure. At 7am I had set 14psi and after just two hours and a rapidly increasing outside air temperature (summer is not over just yet!) I was surprised to see my gauge reading 18psi. Almost a 25% increase. Making a big difference on traction. I will be rechecking my tyres much more often from now on.

Again, well done everyone and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Dave.
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another fulfilling drive in Almost4x4 style ! :killzonesmiley:

I was part of convoy2 , led by Lamboo , Yoghybear at sweep and Abu Jimmy in support .

The trip was swift with minimal stoppage ... as is usual now , everyone drove well ... no stucks , zero pop-outs , just a few second tries occasionally.
After a relaxing drive from Badayer to Pink Rocks ,we proceeded towards Big Red on a slightly more technical route and then back to the inflation point (Badayer shops)

A big thank you to Abu Jimmy and all marshals present for another safe , well coordinated drive..
Thanks Bu Shahid, Ginger , Refad , Sami , Mike , Mcap , Hockey , Mubz and others for the good company
My only problem now is that I am still THIRSTY .:Psmiley:
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Thanks are due as usual to the organisers for yet another fun morning in the sand.

Convoy 2 was a little late to set off, but once we got going it was fast and technical.

All went very well until I struggled with one climb with a ‘step’ near the top just before the crest. The lesson here is don’t keep trying to do the same wrong thing ie simply retaking exactly the same line that has failed the previous time. It’s much better to come up with something different!

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}