You Only Pop-out Twice

Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another Mega convoy assembled at Adnoc Al Faqqa!!!

The group was split into two convoys , Fresh Newbies & 'Oldbies'
The Newbie convoy was led by Bu Salem with Al Khatib in sweep and Zico , Caprihorse supporting.
I was part of the Oldbie convoy led by Yoghybear and Abu Jimmy in sweep with Strawb in support.

The dunes in Al Faqqa are small to medium with sharp crests and 'inviting' ditches and bowls .:killzonesmiley:
The convoy maintained a swift pace and as expected all members drove well mindful to keep sufficient distance between cars to maintain the momentum required in this powder soft terrain.
The sharp crests kept us LWB drivers extra alert to avoid practising snatch recovery :Psmiley: and the uneven , rugged terrain made for some enjoyable , technical driving.

After an exciting drive we exited the sand at 6:15pm where we were reunited with the Newbie convoy.

Once again the professionalism of the marshals ensured that these two mega convoys went into the sand SAFELY and exited SAFELY.

Thanks to all the Marshals present for another learning opportunity in a well controlled environment.
Thanks to all everyone present for making this another superb Friday in the sand.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

The only thing I'm sad about is it ended so soon -_- the trip was good . prior to this I used to underestimate my car however this trip was a game changer. really nice dunes was fun flying across one of the dunes (thanx to mr Shamshi ) :p
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

My report as a passenger ...pictures :playingsmiley::playingsmiley::playingsmiley::playingsmiley:

https://www.facebook.com/rashid.soomar/ ... 140&type=3

See you soooooon :thumbsup:
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
Eric Hummer
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was a great day till it ended soon...thank you to Chief Marshal, Marshals, Bu Salem for accepting my last minute request and to the volunteer sweepers and rescues....

The fun started when the police officers marshal us to to stay in one area..:have a nice day: then the group is separated into 2 convoys... it's nice to see convoys split and meet at the end of the day..

Hats off to everyone who made this days Safe and Fun....looking forward on the next drive...
Vishal

was an awesome drive today !! :D
enjoyed alot made some mistakes got stuck but most important of all learned new things and experienced resqued thanks to Al Shamshi !! :D
and yea the small dunes are harsh too !! :D :P
see ya guys soon in the desert !! :D
SINGH
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks to all the experienced Marshals and same to all the fellow drivers for making this a successful trip.....got stucked twice....all due to misjudgment but more of that forgetting the basics..:Psmiley:.....but that's the way to learn....the main thing which i learned is, how to get out of that when you get stucked.....again thanks to the marshals.....

looking forward for the next trip.....
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[TABLE="width: 900, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Statistics

Summary
Distance: 33.9 km
Area: 6.2 sq km

Time
Elapsed Time: 2:41:08
Moving Time: 1:35:34
Stopped Time: 1:05:34

Speed
Avg: 13 km/h
Avg Moving: 21 km/h
Max: 63 km/h

Elevation
Min: 170 m
Max: 249 m
Ascent: 564 m
Descent: 623 m

Black Point
Sarookh[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track40.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
TAURUS

Once again thanks to all for the wonderful drive yesterday in Al Faqah area...with pretty crest, small and medium dunes...Enjoyed a lot with almost4x4 group..expecting good drives soon.

Nibu
050-4696817
Jabster
Golden Member
Golden Member

Had a great afternoon and it was great to see so many new faces - but also those that were back from the previous week's drive. Chamilla - full respect to you!!

Sylvester - back at the inflation point I found the lever to raise my seat!!!! Thanks for pointing it out :-)

See you all soon

Jabster and Desert Cloud
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Jabster;27917]... back at the inflation point I found the lever to raise my seat!!!! Thanks for pointing it out :-) [/quote]

:like:

Hehe, maybe there are more hidden devices in your toy. Did you read the book? :slow: