Modifications vs. Experience

kash

This is getting interesting

I do believe in this debate there is no absolute right or wrong. Every situation will warrant an analysis of the drivers driving style and how forgiving the vehicle is of the driver error.

A great off road car driven by a newbie can be quite effective as in our case and an expert driver driving vitara extremely well as Silvester did this past friday are both cases at the extreme end.

What is required is patience and time to let either the driving skill to catch up to the effective use of the car or the car performance to catch up to the driving skills. We all will get there eventually if we persist long enough. The key is to keep trying to improve our knowledge and skill set to be able to make sensible decision and this will only come with time and experience and ofcourse money wasted.

On a lighter note, Silvester you have to let people modify their cars, how else are we going to see different cars and be able to test drive them and have interesting discussion.
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

To Share my part of experience one thing i learnt in Almost 4x4 ( which no other club promotes ) is improve your skill first. I remember my first drive with pajero LWB 3.5L . Bu salem and sylvester told me " Remember one thing before spending on your car. You have to first be more advance than what your car is. your car is just perfect and does not need any modification till the time you yourself realise this ". I was driving stock pajero and spent my money ( after consulting Marshals of almost ) on buying a good deflater , Viking Ropes , rated shackles , 2 ton Jack , Radio and flag pole. It is only in this club where Marshals invest there time and energy to develop skills in us. Thank you Almost.:encouragement:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Abu Jimmy;23671 wrote:The stock 2012 JEEP Wrangler is equipped with new " penta star " engine producing 286 HP . The smallest supercharger for this engine ( released by RIPP TECH ) gives extra 30 to 50 HP , You do the calculation .
I was referring in my chart to one Wrangler driven by a French driver, not knowing his extra super charged power, one day sitting in his car as passenger and holding him down, to break where he didn't even think yo break... a very scary situation many times...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

bu-hamdan;23676 wrote:was the superchager for 3.6 pentastar RELEASED?:056:

when ?
where?
& how much?

BTW........
the car which was in the test is not pentastar & HP of it is nearly 300 not more than that.
Yes, yes, you must go for it !!! Otherwise your friends will never call you a real off-roader :029:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

strawb;23678 wrote:as most of us remember ........... "MINI ME CHALLENGE"

i would say experience has a bit more of weight than modifications ...... however if you combine them both then what do you have????

Abu Salem with Transformer!!!!!!!!!
Minime challenge 2 was last week, unfortunately for a closed society... only few could attend :011:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

kash;23680 wrote:This is getting interesting

I do believe in this debate there is no absolute right or wrong. Every situation will warrant an analysis of the drivers driving style and how forgiving the vehicle is of the driver error.

A great off road car driven by a newbie can be quite effective as in our case and an expert driver driving vitara extremely well as Silvester did this past friday are both cases at the extreme end.

What is required is patience and time to let either the driving skill to catch up to the effective use of the car or the car performance to catch up to the driving skills. We all will get there eventually if we persist long enough. The key is to keep trying to improve our knowledge and skill set to be able to make sensible decision and this will only come with time and experience and ofcourse money wasted.

On a lighter note, Silvester you have to let people modify their cars, how else are we going to see different cars and be able to test drive them and have interesting discussion.
Thanks for your nice words, I let anybody to modify whatever he wants on his car, I'm not lecturing here, I'm just trying to point out the risk of modifications on my sarcastic way. On the other hand my heart is always broken, when I see accidents in a desert and to see some of my friends hurt.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

bombays;23681 wrote:To Share my part of experience one thing i learnt in Almost 4x4 ( which no other club promotes ) is improve your skill first. I remember my first drive with pajero LWB 3.5L . Bu salem and sylvester told me " Remember one thing before spending on your car. You have to first be more advance than what your car is. your car is just perfect and does not need any modification till the time you yourself realise this ". I was driving stock pajero and spent my money ( after consulting Marshals of almost ) on buying a good deflater , Viking Ropes , rated shackles , 2 ton Jack , Radio and flag pole. It is only in this club where Marshals invest there time and energy to develop skills in us. Thank you Almost.:encouragement:
----------------------------
:like:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Spencerj702;28132 wrote:Thanks Mubz. As you can see I opted for a TJ with some mods - suspension lift and larger tires. No performance mods so will see how the Jolly Green Giant gets on!
Welcome to the COEJM (Club of Endless Jeep Mods). Your TJ is already out of balance, due to the larger tires, so you'll think about changing your rack and pinion as next, to get a better grip and torque, then you realize that your arms are a bit weak, and so on...

Just a matter of illustration, I'll never forget our friend's dig in a flat area (turbo charged) with STT...

Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;28134 wrote:Welcome to the COEJM (Club of Endless Jeep Mods). Your TJ is already out of balance, due to the larger tires, so you'll think about changing your rack and pinion as next, to get a better grip and torque, then you realize that your arms are a bit weak, and so on...

Just a matter of illustration, I'll never forget our friend's dig in a flat area (turbo charged) with STT...
Thanks Capri, point taken. I fully understand that it is my driving skills which will make a difference and not the car. I look to you and the fellow Marshall's and members to help hone these skills to allow me to advance up the skill levels. I could always trade it in for a Pathfinder?

i actually bought it from a German guy who used it most weekends off road and he said he had very few issues in 2 years of driving. Mind you, that could have just been sales talk!!

Hope to see you in the sand on Friday
Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

hmmmmm .... interesting ...:you're kidding, rig