patrol vtec 2012 VS patrol 400hp 5.6ltr VS LC 4.6ltr

ace84

HI everyone

I am stuck in a dilemma which i need help with URGENT. I am buying a new car but cannot decide which car to buy i need your opinions. i will write down the 3 cars i am interested in buying and give me your feedback with positive and negative of each and over all which one you would suggest for off road and on road. they will be new from company.

OPTION 1- 2012 Nissan Patrol 4door 4.8ltr "VTEC", SAFARI, MANUAL GEAR, PRICE: 183,000DHS

OPTION 2- 2012 Nissan Patrol (new shape) 5.6ltr 400hp, BASIC MODEL, AUTO GEAR, PRICE: 230,000dhs

OPTION 3 - 2012 Toyota Land cruiser 4.6ltr GXR, AUTO GEAR, PRICE: 235,000dhs

they are in no particular order, and i like all 3 of them which makes it hard to decide. your feedback will be really appreciated, thankyou.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello there

Option 1 : Good for both but you won't feel that you drive a reliable car although it is going to survive
Option 2 : powerful but too long for off-road plus check the tires are low or high profile plus expensive for off-road car
Option 3 : excellent for both but the problem with the both bumpers - weak

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
ace84

Thank you Bu Salem for you feedback.

i forgot to mention no matter what car i choose i will be making certain modifications to it like: tyres will be changed to siam 900 balloon tyres (i love driving with them on and off road) , bumpers will be changed to metal bumpers in front with warn winch, possibly the back bumper will be changed aswell. and later in maybe 6 months suspension will be changed for offroad e.g (king shocks, or reiger, or proflex)
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

Will you be buying the car for cash or finance though the bank? If its cash - I can put you in contact with my Toyota supplier and can save you alot on the TLC200
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Option 1: At the moment the best car for desert driving, M/T is the preferable option
Option 2, Option 3: I'm not sure, but Safari drivers are using those cars to load in 6 tourist and show up at A53 or Pink Rock areas. Both need to modify front bumper. Baloon tyres are not an option for Nissan. M/T can be as an preferable option for both. Nissan 5.6L does not have traction control and similar electronics bullshit, which you don't need at all. It was developed especially for desert driving in Middle East and Australia, where LC looks more like limo car.
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

when u say off-roading..what level you are talking about?
Darshan

How about stretching your budget a bit and adding an option 4: Buy an FJ - Tough and reliable + Buy a BMW (whatever you can afford) = Best of both worlds

Just some food for thought. :038:
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Option 3 u can use by changing the coil spring which will increase your car height by 2" and the bumper will be saved. the springs will cost you 2000 to 3000 dirhams depends on the brand, but the car will not be smooth in humps and bumps if there is no passengers in rear seats, but in OFF road proven:008:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=refad;14450]Option 3 u can use by changing the coil spring which will increase your car height by 2" and the bumper will be saved. the springs will cost you 2000 to 3000 dirhams depends on the brand, but the car will not be smooth in humps and bumps if there is no passengers in rear seats, but in OFF road proven:008:[/quote]
Lifting will not save any bumper on LC, as it goes by itself, by vibration, not touching a sand. Same applies for Tahoe, Pajero and Pathfinder R51.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=caprihorse;14451]Lifting will not save any bumper on LC, as it goes by itself, by vibration, not touching a sand. Same applies for Tahoe, Pajero and Pathfinder R51.[/quote]

Aha ! , thats why the legendary pathfinder has a steel bumber instead of a lifting kit.
What goes around , comes around .