OPTIMA Yellow Top Batteries (Deep Cycle)

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=pwood;12555]Hi Capri

No, i realise the alternator produces about 60 - 100 A depending on it application/type.

My question was regarding your comment of 12 hour charge time because of the 10A charge limit.

IS this actually a limit of the battery?

Regards
Paul[/quote]
No, however battery can accept only a certain max current, otherwise it may explode. Your mentioned number is theoretical max. value for some alternator. But the real efficiency is about 50-60%. Actually to know, what is the current charge to the battery, it should be measured directly on the + wire to battery with wireless ampermeter.
shawnp21

Hi Manolo,

I am keen to buy one (and need one urgently as my current battery has just gone dead)... Can you tell me how and where i can come to pay and collect it from you... thank you...
manolo
Club Member
Club Member

Hi Shawn,
you can pick it up from any ramy shop. Just say you are here for the special offer of AED 900. If you need any help call me on 050-6440510
shawnp21

Thank you Manolo,

I will go a pick it up today...
shawnp21

Hi Manolo,

Thank you for the batteries... installed them and works perfectly fine... It was a smaller size though for the FJ as the battery which comes for the FJ are larger... Also had a few issues installing them as the cables wouldn't reach the lead points due to its size and position of the Lead points on the battery...

Anyways just wanted to provide the feedback on the batteries and they seems to be great batteries for the ride... Thank you