This is Desert Club member drive

TarrynLush

CM drive - take two

Having completed my initial CM drive in September 2023, and then taking a long leave of absence, I thought I’d go back to basics and start from scratch again.

I invited my old colleague and fellow adventurer friend, Megan to join the drive because we feel much safer with competent people around to support us.

It was lovely to see Ely again - she initially introduced me to Almost 4X4 and has progressed significantly more than I have since we did our first CM together last year 😂

On my first CM drive I was asking fellow Jimny drivers for advice and assistance. I was very happy that I could offer assistance to a new Almost 4X4 Jimny driver in locating the “kill switch”.

Giorgio was our lead and we had a fantastic drive with obstacles varying in degrees of difficulty.
I was reminded about adequate following distance as well as the importance of staying on the track made by the lead. I also learnt that a seatbelt inertial reel does not unlock if your vehicle is not on a relatively horizontal surface 🤯

I’m always grateful for the fantastic Marshalls and Advanced drivers that selflessly give up their Saturday mornings to make sure we come out on the other end of the drive. Thank you so much, your support is greatly appreciated.

Until next week!
Tarryn

giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Good morning all,

It was nice to have a new CM drive after quiet some time.
Many of the members made it to the meeting point but some did not.
The Morning breaking took place with @alshamsi_m explaining the fundamentals of off-roading including convoy orientation, risks and do's and don'ts.

We divided the drivers in two convoys with me leading one of them.
The truck was friendly with a touch of adventure.
Members were reminded to keep safe distance but not that far out that they can lose the track as well as Proper radio communication.
Our convoy had several second tries and few assisted recoveries which is an indication that the track was challenging enough for some of the members

I would like to thank all the Marshalls and rescue team.
I will urge the new drivers to get their tools set up this week and get their star to be able to participate on the next weeks drive.

Looking forward to see you on the upcoming drives.
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Paddy

Welcoming New Off-Road Enthusiasts: A Memorable Drive Experience

Embarking on the off-road journey can be both exhilarating and daunting for newcomers, which is why our club's member drives serve as the perfect introduction to this thrilling world. Led by none other than our esteemed founder, @alshamsi_m , and our experienced drive organizing marshal, @giorgio , our recent drive aimed to provide new members with a comprehensive understanding of what to expect in their off-road adventures.

The day commenced with a detailed briefing, where participants were acquainted with essential do's and don'ts, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone involved. It was an honor for me to drive alongside the new members under the expert guidance of @giorgio , supported by floating marshals/Advance members @Solmaz , @Rashidjass and @Mahmoodyasin . Their vigilant supervision ensured that every participant felt confident and secure throughout the journey.

Navigating through a carefully chosen track, we struck a balance between safety and excitement, offering our newcomers a taste of the off-road challenges ahead. Despite a few recoveries and multiple attempts, the chosen route proved to be both manageable for beginners and thrilling for seasoned enthusiasts.

Special acknowledgment goes to @giorgio for graciously allowing me to be a part of the welcoming team for our new members. It was a privilege to witness their enthusiasm and determination firsthand, and I eagerly anticipate seeing familiar faces join us in future drives.

See you all on sand soon.

~BR
Paddy
It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.

:ninja: White FJ 17294 :ninja:
TarrynLush

CM drive - take two

Having completed my initial CM drive in September 2023, and then taking a long leave of absence, I thought I’d go back to basics and start from scratch again.

I invited my old colleague and fellow adventurer friend, Megan to join the drive because we feel much safer with competent people around to support us.

It was lovely to see Ely again - she initially introduced me to Almost 4X4 and has progressed significantly more than I have since we did our first CM drive together last year 😂

On my first CM drive I was asking fellow Jimny drivers for advice and assistance. I was very happy that I could offer assistance to a new Almost 4X4 Jimny driver in locating the “kill switch”.

Giorgio was our lead and we had a fantastic drive with obstacles varying in degrees of difficulty.
I was reminded about adequate following distance as well as the importance of staying on the track made by the lead. I also learnt that a seatbelt inertial reel does not unlock if your vehicle is not on a relatively horizontal surface 🤯

I’m always grateful for the fantastic Marshalls and Advanced drivers that selflessly give up their Saturday mornings to make sure we come out on the other end of the drive. Thank you so much, your support is greatly appreciated.

Until next week!
Tarryn

CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone!

Another CM drive under my belt & another group of future Almosters dispatched by our Marshals and Founder.

It feels good to meet new people and to see new faces eager to get its first exploration in the desert…well, not all of them, as I could recognize a few drivers already with some learned skills in my convoy.

And talking about convoys, I was assigned to Master of Masters @alshamsi_m and found myself in the middle of the convoy with no more inter support. I was not afraid anyway, as I brought my two assistants for this kind of drives with 7 & 9 years old cool

Good news is that there were only a couple of recoveries and Haider took care of one of them so, all in all, my Viking did not exercise too much that day. ORLY

Lovely track selection with nowadays “challenging” Al Qudra with improvised lakes everywhere meaning that the “boss” was previously there checking that all was ok…for the new adventures, you will eventually understand some day the amount of work and dedication that both Founder and Marshals are putting on us and hopefully, you will be able to get something back when supporting/leading future convoys.

On a personal note, it was good to catch up with senior members and happy to see @presa back on track in a beautiful & known FJ. Along with him, General @Barish and @Agalon made sure that the convoy was driving safe.

All the best for the new members and see you soon
Carlos
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

@giorgio with the support of our amazing marshals pulled out another successful drive.

After the rain the sand was almost easy to drive anywhere so it was a bit difficult for the leading marshals to give interesting track. Nevertheless, we had a few tricks that made the newcomers a little bit excited Psmiley .

I was nice to see new faces ready for adventure and to see the achievement look on their faces at the end of the drive.

Welcome to your second family and we are looking forward to see in the sand.

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
presa
Marshal
Marshal

We had a great drive at this Club Member.

Many new members within 2 convoys, one led by @giorgio and the other by @alshamsi_m .

We had good support from intermediates and advance drivers.

Track was easy with just a couple challenges due to the recent rain that made the sand hard, but somewhat tricky.

Welcome to all new members.
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

CM drives are always exciting since we have new drivers, new learnings and new experiences.

We had a very straightfwd briefing in Almost4x4 way. Focus is always the introduction of basic concepts and safety rules to the new members rather than the drive itself.

Welcome again to our club and congrats for your stars in advance; dont forget: changing is good as soon as you improve.

See you next time.

Barish