Round 2

Paddy

Few of us 10+ newbies met again today under the supervision of @giorgio to do what we all love to do.

@giorgio started with briefing as usual and explained what to expect from the drive. without wasting any time we started our quest.

Best thing about the drive was less number of cars which allowed us to stop and play a little at NagraDune of Sweihan. Drive was fast and had countless switches.

Over all we all did well I suppose. I can not wait for another drive with @giorgio as we expect more with each drive.

@Aljamhi , @Vika and @Ely would agree that we all missed @ahmadtodxb .

Thank you @mpodroid and @Stephan for supporting the drive.

See you all on sand soon.

~BR
Paddy
It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.

:ninja: White FJ 17294 :ninja:
Ely

Dear Almoster,

Another sunny morning in the desert a Sweihan with a convoy led by Giorgio. It was a drive “sur le pouce” (unexpected) and we were so privileged since we had a small convoy (only ALJAMHI, Vika, Paddy and I!) with Mpdroid as second lead and Stephan swiping.

Convoy order didn’t really matter since it was changing. The idea was to not break the rythme, so who ever do a second trial (meaning missed the switch…😮‍💨) would catch up and rejoin convoy as last before the swiper.

We started with a private newbie only briefing where Giorgio told us one by one our next steps and area of focus. It’s good to receive some straightforward feedback, cause we may know or not our mistakes, but we might not understand why we are doing them and how to rectify them and today was the day where we would stop and discuss the “why”.

Like last week, same area, similar exercise, tackling arches, catching the right switch and slightly cresting.

Sounds easy… but… in practice it’s another thing. The higher the dune the more difficult it becomes. First of all… you don’t know what you will find on the other side… and that’s the scary part in my concern 🫠. Secondly, you need enough speed to reach to the top, with the right angle of approach, to then smoothly land on the top of the crest, ride it straight for 3 seconds…(Giorgio was very precise) and exit smoothly.
I am still struggling with the right amount of speed. I tackle fast, but when I am close to the top I am scared to fly so I decelerate too quickly and well…it doesn’t work… or I don’t get the right angle of approach… or the dune is steep with soft sand and I don’t have enough momentum… the good thing is that today I only got crested once but that dune probably worth 4 in size 🤭🫣 so I am not sure this could be called an improvement… 🤔 the view on the other hand was extraordinary!

Let’s call it a work in progress!

When I reached my “end of stamina zone”, I started to have second trials, and ended up at the back. And Actually that wasn’t too bad, rythme is more slow and relaxed so I wasn’t putting much focus on the pace, but getting the right track was the challenge since the way start to be a bit shew up and sometimes there were more than one track… so you better chose the right one 😬. Other challenge… is when the person in front of you is having his second trial or get off track… then good luck figuring out what’s upfront… the other driver is too far to read how he/she drives the dunes… that’s probably why we say “you learn survival skills” when you drive at the back…

What I loved the most about that drive is that we add a good deal of stops to discuss technicalities and correct our mistakes. Giorgio was not dwelling on them, so we would stop, get out of our car, he would demonstrate on ground with his hands, afterwards show us, driving it and then we would repeat until he sees fit. Personally that’s how I got so many more details I couldn’t comprehend before. I am not saying I got it all, but I understood the do’s and don’t, now I just need more drilling.

That’s it for me !

A huge thank you to Giorgio for this surprise drive, his transparency, and for sharing his knowledge and taking the time to stop us to allow us to understand better and correct our mistakes and to the support team for helping out !

See you all very soon on the sand ! 💋💋💋
evanwhateverlinethignystuff
 ! Message from: Ely
« Il n'est pire eau que l'eau qui dort »

« There is no worse water than sleeping water »
Vika

Hello everyone! :innocent:

ROUND 2!

That was not easy for me. All I want to say is that if you really decide to take a step forward and reach a higher level, then it is absolutely impossible to do it, if you make the same mistakes, follow the same rules and have the same habits.

The ability to hear, accept and understand the sharpest criticism is very difficult. The ability to accept and realize your mistakes is even more difficult, and the ability to take a lesson and focus on not making the same mistakes is for the most persistent and strongest. Dedicated to the four of us.

ROUND 2 was an exceptional opportunity, no matter what.

The club has a golden rule - everything that happens in the desert stays in the desert.

The entire convoy returned safe and sound, which is the main indicator of a small, but still success.

Thanks a lot to @giorgio for organizing such a drive.

Looking forward to see all of you soon !

With love :in_love:
Yours Vika

Last edited by Vika on Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The most effective way to do it, is just to do it"
Aljamhi
Crew
Crew

Hello ALMOSTERS

This report will explain how the challenges of entering next level.

Round2 drive came after series of drives from Marshal Gorgio.
The first drive was in Feb and as newbies it was the most challenging drive. The drive was very fast to newbie 10+ record.
Most of the drives struggled and lost the basic of off-roading. Then a week after we got other drive to recap the basic and emphasized that the members were focused on.
Middle of Ramadan we got morning drive and it was more challenging than the previous. I can called intro to upper level. With enthusiasm waiting for any drives from Marshal Gorgio for the reason of burning calories and high adrenaline.
He post hidden drive starting from our WhatsApp group collect the members. On Saturday with patient and enthusiastic to join the drive. We had never ever great briefing and individual comments. The group was limited of 4 newbies and 2 intermediate.

All of us took the comments and trying to play the game with zero faults. The drive again counted the most difficult and challengeable till this moment.
The drive started with cresting, double and triple switches and big arches. High dunes controlling car were the objective. The game was last man standing, means that don’t loose your position be second try else you should stand at the back before the sweeper.
Mistakes showed up for sure due the new challenges. Team was trying to stay in the formula. However Marshal Gorgio trying to increase the level.
I can’t count the big dunes but I tell how many calories I burned.

One most challenging part of the drive was after the game of t Al Naqra. Leader moved very fast to the right side of Al Naqra and at the top he did the side cresting. Mpdroid filled him and at the top of the crest I felt that he is going to stuck and the chances for me abored was hard due the car weight already passed the wall and I saw that the other side of the dune high and the sand was soft. I decided do side cresting earlier and get away from Mpdroid. I saw Marshal Gorgio and Mpdroid were so close while I was fighting to control my car and I was so close to both. The solution were searched by my mind and Paddy answered that hi proper distance put him in safe.

Thanks to Gorgio, Mpdroid and Stephan.
The drives unforgettable and for years will stay in mind.

Looking for more challenges and upskilling the newbies.

Sincerely
Nature 💋