Solo Bats 28/03/24

David
Intermediate
Intermediate

My 3rd solo bats, great to catch up with friends I had not seen in a while.

Nahil, from Sweihan side to the petrol station/Nahil park. An area that we have driven many many times and that we all know quite well.

Nice points selection by Rashid, very enjoyable track with different driving areas. Personally the one I enjoyed the least was before the farms since loads of vegetation, best area for me after the power line in the last sector, not having a roof bar makes it difficult to see the crests if the dunes are big, however, when the size of the dunes decreases a bit the set up in the car provides fantastic visibility so basically you can drive at a good speed almost as if it was a day drive, the dunes in the last sector were perfect for this so I really enjoyed it.

No issues at all with the drive, well, just one, trying to find point 12 in my Satnav, which took for me to check the app in case I had made a mistake saving the points to realize that "12" did not exist as it was "end point".

Everyone arrived safely and without problems which was good to see.

Thank you Rashid for organizing and for a great track selection, thank you Scorpio for supporting the drive to make it happen.

See you on the sand soon.
dorudoru
Intermediate
Intermediate

In contrary to the above gentlemen, this is my first solo bats. Missed the chance of the last year's edition due to being away.

Great experience overall. It is always great to see the usual suspects, we had some chit chat and messed with each other. Also very nice to see Nahil without tracks. Drive was smooth sailing. It is lovely to drive in the dark, just by yourself with the breeze on your face in the absolute silence. As mentioned, we all are quite familiar with the area, which was an additional safety factor.

I only had a bit of rough time while crossing the Electric lines. As highlgihted by the Marshals in the briefing, there were some construction activity going on at the area and dunes were not in their usual predictible shape.

Thanks @Rashidjass for arranging and thanks @Scorpio for the support.
nidal78
media
media

Hey Almosters family
Solo šŸ¦‡ what an amazing experience
For me this is my first solo bat drive and I can say it deserves the reputation it has
I reached the entrance point found @Rashidjass and @Scorpio there we drove together to the meeting point which is the start point as well
After deflating, preparing our cars, chitchatting and briefing off we went one by one with 5 minutes gap between each driver and the target was to visit the 11 points that were given to us
Usually I love night driving but driving solo in a bit challenging area like Nahiel made me feel nervous at the beginning but after awhile I started to feel comfortable and enjoying every moment in the drive ( I even took a break to smoke a cigarette and drink juice šŸ˜)
The playing area is well designed by @Rashidjass it was mixed with mid size dunes and bowls, although (as mentioned by my fellows) we familiar with this area but in the dark you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere and when trying to climb a dune to do a side or straight crest you feel the dune is endless šŸ˜…
Overall the experience was amazing and in my point of view after this drive you will be different offroader
At the end very big thank to @Rashidjass for all his efforts planning this amazing event, big thank as well to @Scorpio for his support, last but not least to my all fellows thank you guys for your wonderful company and I hope to see you soon on sand
Mghoneim
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters,

My first Solo Batsā€™ preparation started when the points were posted on the app.

After plugging in the points in the gps and gaia, i was in doubt it was right as point 3 was closer than 2 to point number šŸ§

However , I arrived early to find @David @dorudoru and @Carlos deflating.

I have had many night drives before but always in a convoy, the experience of driving a track alone is amazing, and I would say increase your confidence in your level or scares you. For me I wished it was longer šŸ˜‚.

Although this drive was short, however very unique and became one of those drives you realize how thankful you should be to the @Marshal eho invest their time and money to help you progress and enjoy this amazing hobby.

Big thanks to @Rashidjass & @Scorpio for organizing this special drive.

See you on the sand

Mghoneim
Last edited by Mghoneim on Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone!

Another edition of solo bats with outstanding results. As far as I know, all challengers arrived on time sound and safe without any problem at allā€¦some of them, even took a decent break in the middle! OSMILEY

This one was my third but in the first one, two years ago, it does not really count as I was baby sited by Master of Masters @alshamsi_m who took a few fresh interm for a beautiful ride in Al Badayer. All in all, my second proper one and this one was amazing due to the untouched selected playground and the length of the track (a bit less than 1 hour took me).

I was chosen to open the track which it gave me an extra boost of joy as I was on my own with nobody in the distance blank . Still, with a bit of tunnel vision at the end of the drive due to lack of lights in the roof so I needed to open the window for a couple of times when feeling a bit dizzy. brains...!

Even though I donā€™t consider myself a night drive enthusiastic, I really enjoyed this experience, and it was a good opportunity to meet with my friends after a long break. have a nice day

For finalizing, I would like to express my gratitude to @Rashidjass for organizing and making an amazing waypoints selectionā€¦one nearby Nahil bowl which I did not challenge (LOL) and to @Scorpio , who supported the drive even though he had no job to do due to strong drivers joining that night. Psmiley

Looking forward to the next editionā€¦to be called ā€œsolo elderly batsā€, due to the seniority of some of the intermediates members :yarr: