Confused on what car to buy

alig
Club Member
Club Member

So I am new to the city and looking to buy my first car. It will be my daily and weekend fun car. I don’t plan on doing any serious offroading; maybe just take the car on wadi trips in the winter, and some trips to the desert every once in a while. Like most expats, I don't know how long I will be in the UAE and don't want to lose too much value in case I have to leave..

I am looking for brand new cars since the used car market is crazy expensive. 

I have looked around and shortlisted the Fortuner and the new Ford Everest. I went with the missus to test drive both on city roads (plus the tech), and Everest beats Fortuner by a mile. But it’s a Ford, only launched in GCC last year, and has a 2.3L Ecoboost engine. 

What car would you suggest from the two? Or if you have any other suggestions, feel free to share.

Budget is <200k
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

HI ALIG

Welcome to your second family. Generally speaking, Japanese cars keep the money value in this part of the world. On the other hand, the Americans lose a lot. So stick to Japanese. In addition they don't over heat like the Americans . So this is the second advantage.

Finally, it is up to your budget to choose.

Happy hunting and looking forward to see you soon

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills