Sweihan open camp ⛺️

Ely

Dear Almosters,

The adventure started in style on Friday evening with a memorable Open camp. Despite a hectic week, I summoned the energy to join the excitement!

After a quick packing, and about 1:30 min drive, I encountered a roadblock to the entrance gate. Navigating a bit of road acrobatics, I finally reached the deflating point … a bit tricky to found if you never been there before. Initially, I opted not to deflate, as the path felt as flat as a road. However, the adventurer in me took over (come on! Flat is boring !), channeling my inner Bu Salem—I cruised the dunes with full air pressure until I was unable to move further. After deflating, and reaching the camp meeting point followed by Hany and his family, I became the campfire pioneer. Willing to honor the Almost tradition, and proud at the idea of lighting up the campfire I took out my shovel and started digging away with Hany's kids eagerly joining the hole-digging party. In fact (and fun fact) Alex, Hany's little boy, aimed to dig a hole his size for a unique burial experience ! Not sure his mum would have approved so instead I taught him the “Lazy way” of digging and earn the title of aunty! Hany was too pumped to unveil his special fire-starting gear, cutting to an end out digging session. Shortly after the fire was on, Tarryn and Bu Salem arrived along with Aljamhi.
Muddassir and his daughter joined us shortly after, even Ehab brought with him his son and daughter turning the camp into a lively gathering !

As we set up kitchens and grills, kids played around, and I lucked out with two mini sous-chefs helping me chop veggies and make skewers. The warmth of the ambiance and connecting with club members made it a truly special evening !

Tarryn was definitely the star of the evening with her telescopic skewers and marshmallows magic! All the kids loved it as we all grilled marshmallows together ! @Tarryn welcome back and it’s good to have you back around !

Not to talk about the local meat prepared by Aljamhi on Bu Salem’s new barbecue grill (the whole thing can fit in a tiny bag… and is adjustable!😉) which was absolutely delicious 🤤 along with Hany’s Lamb chops!
More joined for the second round of chops: Ahmed, Sharhan, and Jack.

This camp had that unique "family vibe," with adorable little Alex stealing hearts, and it was great to see more women in the mix! 😝

A massive thanks to Bu Salem for organizing this CM camp, especially after the long and tiring week you had. Your efforts and time are sincerely and genuinely appreciated!

Love you all! Xxx

P.S. The night took an unexpected windy turn, adding a touch of “adventure” to our campfire tales with flying tents!
evanwhateverlinethignystuff
 ! Message from: Ely
« Il n'est pire eau que l'eau qui dort »

« There is no worse water than sleeping water »
ahmadtodxb
Crew
Crew

Thanks @alshamsi_m for organising the camp. It's been a while since last camp in liwa. I came late, i enjoyed the BBQ @Aljamhi did it was amazing.
We enjoyed lovely evening knowing new members @tarryn @hani and the rest.. also I shown tarryn how to open and close her tent.. knowledge passed from bu salem to me and now from me to tarryn .. 🤗🤗

The camp atmosphere was joyable and lovely..

Thx again Bu Salem
MuddassirT

It was my first ever overnight camping experience in a group, I was very excited as well as anxious about what to take..

I brought the biryani, but then I realized not to be suitable for the camp 😅. At least many would have enjoyed the Gulab Jamun hopefully. Not to mention the marshmallows had it tried for the first time with help of @Ely which turned out to be good, the kids loved them as well.

We had an amazing chef @Aljamhi , prepared the delicious meat chops, kebab and the vegetables bbq. Hamburgers were too on the table 😋.

My kid was enjoying full time with her new friend Nicole, playing, digging, climbing the dunes and exploring the area 🤩.

Thanks to all for bringing and sharing the varieties we enjoyed to tummy full. Thanks to @Msharhan for fixing my tent lock issue. I felt myself getting more close to each other at this camp. Special thanks to @alshamsi_m for organizing the event and letting me in at the last moment. Looking forward for more opportunities to meet and have unlimited fun.👍

Thanks & Regards
Muddassir T