Galaxy V2 - All Newbies

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

I was under impression that we have newbies 10+ & 10- so I was revising the scenarios how to put them in trouble grin to my surprise I discovered it's All Newbies you're kidding, right so the higher ones are going to live another day!!!

The morning was spent relaxing and watching the others sharing their drives until 12p. I jumped in the car to drive to Nahel, although the drive is only 2 hours but I decided to give myself a stressless drive :yaeh_am_not_durnk:

The meeting time was a bit hot but we need to practice for summer :yarr: . Once the drive started we didn't feel anything, including the time :in_love:.

We reached Sweihan at 6:40 pm to say goodbye and see you soon.

Thanks @optimus , @Scorpio and @Rashidjass for making this drive another beautiful event. Also, for all the intermediates who joined to support the newbies.

Till then stay safe and keep the sand flying

Cheers
Shamsi

all credits for @Moustafa19
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Zoubeir

The lovely afternoon in Sweihan started in the scorching 2pm heat for many of us who reached there earlier. My friend's Jeep AC was struggling to keep up with the heat, but nothing an FJ could not handle Psmiley

It was a great feeling to meet so many other members at the location. Since the number of participants was huge, the convoy was divided into two: 10- newbies and 10+

The 10- was led by @alshamsi
We were took the scenic route. On the way to Nagrah dune, we had a series of exercises. The most notable one for me was the "snake" through the wide plains. A few recoveries were quickly dealt with by Marshal Scorpio and support team.

We found the perfect shaded area near to Nagrah to enjoy some coffee and homemade cookies from alshamsi - you could not stop munching on them, they werw addictive in love

At the exit point we met the other 10+ convoy and saw all the happy faces. I was glad to meet the one and only Rashid (I quickly made my appointment cool)

Thank you Optimus for organising the trip, as well as all other members. It's always a pleasure to meet everyone.
See you all soon.

P.S: the @ function still does not work. Is it only me?

Some photos from yesterday:

David
Intermediate
Intermediate

All newbies drive that, as usual, was well attended with plenty of interm support as well.

2 convoys, Shamsi and Scorpio took care of the 10- while Optimus lead the 10+ supported by Rashid. I was allocated to 10+ closing the convoy.

Very happy with the MP, long time (at least 2yrs) since I had entered/exited near the E95 so always good to go back and drive towards sunset in Nagra farms.

Some initial issues, Optimus did a fantastic job, nice and easy to start with increasing gradually both pace and difficulty as the drive progressed and newbies were more settled.

Closing the convoy allows you to see quite well what happens so if I may a couple of recommendations for the 10+

- Big climb that requires full throttle, if you see the car ahead hitting a small jump on approach do not go crazy before it, jumping kills the momentum, you have to pass that area at the maximum possible speed that does not make you to jump and full throttle afterwards. In a few occasions some cars went too hard too early resulting in both risk to the car and of course after not being able to climb as easy as it should be.

- Also tracks were lost a few times. It is a medium pace newbie 10+ drive, if you miss the track at this pace you will have no chance at a faster drive (i.e "Catch me if you can"), pay attention, keep the right distance and adapt it to the type of dunes you are in.

Thank you Optimus for organizing another fun drive, Shamsi, Scorpio and Rashid for making it possible, my great interm friends for all the support and of course everyone who attended!!!

See you on the sand soon.
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

A nice outing with friends in the morning, made sure we were already in the area and after some well deserved mandi, we headed to the great meeting point (Haven't been there for some time) and took some rest.

A bit later on, I see Shamsi flying by on the gatch, making me have second thoughts on the meeting point. Double checked the gps coordinates against the maps link, ok we were good, let's get ready!

A very hot or humid briefing, which couldn't be short enough and there we went into the dunes. I was with the convoy led by Shamsi and supported by Scorpio somewhere in the middle.
Due to the massive support showing up, there was an intermediate for every two newbies, which made the drive very relaxed and laid back thru this magnificent scenery!

Only a few issues along the route but nothing which costed any trouble.
One thing worth to mention: the signal came over the radio; we are almost there, don't worry if they get stuck or having second tries..... then it is moment, we know something is bound to happen ORLY

A sharp left turn did the trick and made us fix a pop-out on a sloped bit at the end of the drive killzonesmiley

till next time everyone,

Tom
Moustafa19
Crew
Crew

Hello everyone

Another beautiful day with Almost family.

I was with 10- group under Al Shamsi and big No of supporters as usual for Newbie

The track was amazing as it was mixed between speed , technical, flat and climbing
So really we didn’t feel the time specially the climate was good after 4:30

As usual we had enjoyed Al Shamsi coffee and his famous karak wth the Donuts 🍩
Note : soon he will start selling the donuts to us 😂😂

Thank you everyone to make this beautiful day , the desert is open but nothing is like ti be with you 😊
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone!

To my surprise, there was a nice representation of Newbies with some old faces and a few new ones coming from the last batch, I guess. It seems that some people are eager to squeeze the season before the summer break. Happy to see you all.

On the contrary, it did not surprise me the massive presence of my fellow interm. Strong and diligent support.

But let’s get started…PM was sent the day before including a nice surprise: The playground: My first time approaching Nagra from this entry point and an area to be further explored as we left some nice dunes untouched. Very nice area selection.

The Convoy: I was position within Optimus’ convoy accompanying the +10. As David is not only fast while driving but also on taking the sweeper position (LOL), I decided to stay at the beginning of the convoy expecting some “action” with 3 cars in front of me and…I was not mistaken. We had the typical 3 course menu with second tries, stuck cars and a pop-out however, I don’t recall any pull needed. With all of that, I spent some time reconnecting the convoy, assisting some second tries and self-recoveries, helping with the pop-out etc. so somehow, I earned my salary.

Normally, I don’t give advice within the trip reports, you know, the do’s and the don’ts because I don’t want to play Marshal’s role (LOL) but for whatever reason, I feel obliged this time to make some mark-ups: I observed a significant lack of radio communication and no need to mention that this is of the utmost importance. And not only on Newbies, by the way. Calling for second tries, stuck position and giving the clear on time may prevent unnecessary situations. Everybody knows that at this stage, but it seems that radios weight too much or something...

And another related topic, before “going crazy” with a self-recovery please take the time to assess the situation and listen carefully to the given instructions on the radio as not doing that it may take you to worst situations.

For finalizing, I would like to express my gratitude to all Marshals’ present in the event (Al Shamsi, Scorpio and Rashid) and specially to Optimus for organizing and leading on an amazing way by “dosing” the level and drafting amazing lines. And to my interm bros.

See you soon
Carlos
galindakis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello fellow off-road enthusiasts,

I'm thrilled to share the exhilarating experience of the Galaxy V2 off-road drive in Nahil, UAE. With an impressive turnout of participants, this drive showcased the spirit of adventure and camaraderie. Here's a summary of our thrilling journey!

Last Saturday, we embarked on the Galaxy V2 drive, entering Nahil from a different meeting point. The convoy was divided into two groups based on experience levels. Al Shamsi led the 10- convoy with the support of Scorpio, while Optimus led the 10+ group, assisted by Rashid.

Optimus provided a quick and efficient briefing, emphasizing the importance of maintaining distance and radio communication. With a promise to progressively increase the speed, he set the stage for an exhilarating off-road adventure.

Throughout the drive, the speed gradually increased, heightening the excitement while maintaining a safe environment. Radio communication played a crucial role in coordinating the convoy and we had a pop out and a couple of second tries.

As the drive concluded, a sense of fulfillment washed over us. The Galaxy V2 drive had been an incredible adventure, pushing boundaries and creating cherished memories.

A heartfelt thanks to Al Shamsi, Scorpio, Optimus, Rashid, and the intermediates for their leadership and dedication in making this drive a resounding success.

Until our next off-road expedition, I wish you all safe travels and unforgettable drives.

Best regards,
Ehab
media
media

Hi Almostrs,

Amazing day and very interesting track, an area which has a potential of all levels, looking forward to have more drives in this area.

Enjoy watching:

Galaxy v2 - Almost4x4
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Drive : Galaxy v2
Area : Nahil - Sweihan
Level : All Newbies
Organizer : Optimus
Lead : 10- : Bu Salem 10+ : Optimus
Supporting Marshal : Scorpio & Rashid

This was the Vol 2 of Galaxy – All Newbies.
The first one was executed last year in sep between Qudra- Murquab.
This one the marshal’s decided to level up therefore Nahil-Sweihan was chosen for G-v2.

I was glad to see the good number of attendance.
The members were divided in 2 convoys.
I was leading the 10+‘s

The drive started at a slow pace & gradually increased the speed. Sometimes the convoy was pushed beyond their comfort zone. Main part of the drive was consisting of arch’s, straight climbs, few side crests from side to flat.
One of the many good things was climbing & cresting over nagra.
I was happy to see the convoy doing well & playing safe.

However they still need to work on developing their speed since I could see big gaps the moment lead car was pushing the gas. They need to train the reflexes when off-roading at high speed & be ready to communicate 2nd tries, obstacles in the way! This will form a strong base for the next level drives.

In case if anytime you feel that you did not perform a safe maneuver, don’t keep quiet, speak to the marshals. Ask questions as many as you can. We want you to be not only our members but good & safe individual off-roaders. Wish you all the best!

At last thanks to my supporting intermediates Carloss, David, Ehab, Giovanni, Pedro,

And ofcourse thanks to Rashid for keeping the convoy Safe!

Until next time!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
Laarni
media
media

Dear all,

many thanks for the wonderful afternoon drive.

here is my trip report

pls enjoy

thanks