Vinegar Drive

Chris1101

Hello Almosters!

To start off... arrived at the meeting place provided by @Scorpio 45 minutes ahead of time due to boredom at home Psmiley. We got divided into 2 convoys, landed on the 1st one led by the amazing @Solmaz

This drive was truly educational, we went from long strides of roller coaster dunes, then to short very technical dunes and back again. different techniques as well as speed, at the end of the drive it felt like i was in the Dakar Rally and found myself chasing after our leading ladies! It was a really nice experience and happy to have met new faces yet again.

I have mashed up a short video of the drive, kindly click on the link to see

Once again thank you to @Scorpio for organizing the drive. Thank you to @Solmaz for the wonderful tracks, thank you to all the marshalls and support team. It was very pleasant to meet all of you. Until the next drive.

Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very nice video - thank you.
The sky and sunset looks amazing
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Sorin
media
media

Hi everyone,

Vinegar drive proved itself to be very sweet! grin

I arrived very early as usual partly because I fitted new tires on my car and wanted to test them a bit before the drive started.

Fortunately I wasn't alone for long as @Chris1101 arrived early as well and we kept eachother company until everyone else arrived.

I was part of Convoy 1 which was led by @Scorpio with @Lenny as second lead followed by @AndreAJ , @two_up and myslef, ending with @Loca doing the sweeping.

This was meant to be a practice drive in technical areas but it turned fun really fast. Again, like last week, the small convoy formula helped keep the flow of the drive pretty smooth even in the techincal , soft sand areas.

Once we warmed up during the first part of the drive, our marshal picked up the pace and we had alot of fun doing arches on small & medium walls and we got to play around some medium sized dunes until the end of the drive.

We had no incidents, just two or three second tires so our Rescue & Support member had nothing to do. But gracious as he is, he decided to "sacrifice" himself and his car and demonstrate to us how to get stuck in a ditch and get pulled out and how to get a pop-out ... twice thumbsup

The drive ended at Al Qudra Lakes during a beautiful sunset and it's safe to say we all had a blast and are greatful to our marshal @Scorpio and our sweeper @Loca for entertaining us.

Until next time, stay safe everyone.

Cheers

I approve this message ⬆️
Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear Almosters,

"Vinegar Drive" was definitely MY drive brigade.baka-wolf.com ... at the end of this short reading you'll understand why grin

First of all it was simply GREAT to see again my second Family. It was more than 3 months ago last time I had met them

I was in the convoy led by @Scorpio with @Lenny as the 2nd lead and my role was sweeper and support .. it ended up I was more "support-ed" than "support" playingsmiley

@Scorpio gathered us for the briefing and gave us an overview on some basics on the drives plus some instructions on how to behave under covid19 safety measures.

The drive was in a very technical area offering different challenges to the drivers: hard sand with patches of very soft sand, packed small dunes and medium size dunes with hidden dangerous ditches, steep climbs and hard bushes

Everybody did very well, so well that I decided to make the drive more spicy by adding a few learning opportunities: 1. how to get stuck with a flying wheel and a buried wheel in a ditch, 2. how to have a pop-out to the right front wheel after maneuvering in another ditch, 3. how to have a second pop-out with the right rear wheel after having hit a bush plus a couple of 2nd tries wtfsmilie

This is how I felt after the drive .. whu yuush

We ended this beautiful drive at Al Quadra enjoying the sun-set just in front of our eyes in love

Thanks @Scorpio It was a beautiful drive and I definitely needed to shave some rust from my bones thumbsup
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322
Bill

Loca wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:29 pm Dear Almosters,

"Vinegar Drive" was definitely MY drive brigade.baka-wolf.com ... at the end of this short reading you'll understand why grin

First of all it was simply GREAT to see again my second Family. It was more than 3 months ago last time I had met them

I was in the convoy led by @Scorpio with @Lenny as the 2nd lead and my role was sweeper and support .. it ended up I was more "support-ed" than "support" playingsmiley

@Scorpio gathered us for the briefing and gave us an overview on some basics on the drives plus some instructions on how to behave under covid19 safety measures.

The drive was in a very technical area offering different challenges to the drivers: hard sand with patches of very soft sand, packed small dunes and medium size dunes with hidden dangerous ditches, steep climbs and hard bushes

Everybody did very well, so well that I decided to make the drive more spicy by adding a few learning opportunities: 1. how to get stuck with a flying wheel and a buried wheel in a ditch, 2. how to have a pop-out to the right front wheel after maneuvering in another ditch, 3. how to have a second pop-out with the right rear wheel after having hit a bush plus a couple of 2nd tries wtfsmilie

This is how I felt after the drive .. whu yuush

We ended this beautiful drive at Al Quadra enjoying the sun-set just in front of our eyes in love

Thanks @Scorpio It was a beautiful drive and I definitely needed to shave some rust from my bones thumbsup

now I feel bad, can't believe I didn't get the chance to see you stuck =B =B .
great photos btw

NOTE: something I noticed other clubs are going in larger convoys, any reason we are only taking 5 cars per ride ?
Never met a desert sunset I didn't like. :relieved:
Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

Bill wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:37 am now I feel bad, can't believe I didn't get the chance to see you stuck =B =B .
great photos btw

NOTE: something I noticed other clubs are going in larger convoys, any reason we are only taking 5 cars per ride ?
Hi Bill,

thanks thumbsup

credits for the photos must go to @Scorpio but the skill for the situations is all mine grin

Reason for the short convoys is because Almost 4x4 is always setting at higher security and safety standards. Less people in the drives means less chances for covid-19 infections. Our Marshals will shift back to the usual convoy size, which is around 10 cars, when safety conditions will allow the increase
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322
Bill

Loca wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:09 pm
Bill wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:37 am now I feel bad, can't believe I didn't get the chance to see you stuck =B =B .
great photos btw

Hi Bill,

thanks thumbsup

credits for the photos must go to @Scorpio but the skill for the situations is all mine grin

Reason for the short convoys is because Almost 4x4 is always setting at higher security and safety standards. Less people in the drives means less chances for covid-19 infections. Our Marshals will shift back to the usual convoy size, which is around 10 cars, when safety conditions will allow the increase
its sad, and limited for now however have to agree with you, we do have high standards in this club cool
Never met a desert sunset I didn't like. :relieved: