Hell's Bell's

giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Hell's Bell's

This was just another drive on a hot afternoon with a flavor of sand storm.

Don't forget to push the like button
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

giorgio wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:03 am Hell's Bell's

This was just another drive on a hot afternoon with a flavor of sand storm.

Don't forget to push the like button
Noted 😎
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hell bells, a nice AC DC song, but for the initiates... not everyone will know it... it starts with: "I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives"

But... although there were tons of buzzzy around this trip, it was a drive like any other... Almost....

The area is a beauty, big dunes with technical areas, but very unpredictable... as many already saw the videos are breathtaking!!!

The 42-45oC on the area with the medium wind made the sand super soft and the engines werent capable of delivering all power so the flow was interrupted by a few 2nd tries, what was easily handled by the small size of the convoy, with only 7 cars!

The level of the drive was high, our leader wasnt taking any easy on the convoy but the drivers were sharp and did great on handling the track. It was impressive how [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] was playing on his best!

As I must mention the FJ won from 4 x 1 on the jeeps grin grin grin grin grin
No FJ had any problem, while the red beast was the only jeep standing still grin grin grin

As this is my report, I won't count on popouts brigade.baka-wolf.com brigade.baka-wolf.com brigade.baka-wolf.com

BS apart it was an absolutely amazing drive, on a level that not everyone can play and with all drivers keeping high safety standards, no crazy-do-it-anyway or go-fly so KUDOS to all drivers!

Ps. I was with [mention]Loca[/mention] as passenger, that is a much better passenger than myself, so would be nice if he write a report to put his impressions on the drive!
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

presa wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 pm Hell bells, a nice AC DC song, but for the initiates... not everyone will know it... it starts with: "I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives"

But... although there were tons of buzzzy around this trip, it was a drive like any other... Almost....

The area is a beauty, big dunes with technical areas, but very unpredictable... as many already saw the videos are breathtaking!!!

The 42-45oC on the area with the medium wind made the sand super soft and the engines werent capable of delivering all power so the flow was interrupted by a few 2nd tries, what was easily handled by the small size of the convoy, with only 7 cars!

The level of the drive was high, our leader wasnt taking any easy on the convoy but the drivers were sharp and did great on handling the track. It was impressive how @Daggerfall was playing on his best!

As I must mention the FJ won from 4 x 1 on the jeeps grin grin grin grin grin
No FJ had any problem, while the red beast was the only jeep standing still grin grin grin

As this is my report, I won't count on popouts brigade.baka-wolf.com brigade.baka-wolf.com brigade.baka-wolf.com

BS apart it was an absolutely amazing drive, on a level that not everyone can play and with all drivers keeping high safety standards, no crazy-do-it-anyway or go-fly so KUDOS to all drivers!

Ps. I was with @Loca as passenger, that is a much better passenger than myself, so would be nice if he write a report to put his impressions on the drive!
No you didn't put this official in writing. Now I will have to write a detail report.
presa
Marshal
Marshal

giorgio wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:45 pm No you didn't put this official in writing. Now I will have to write a detail report.
You are a poet! Go for it!
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters,

We met deep in the desert around 14:00 . The plan was to drive against the sun this time at the same chain of dunes we have done before to improve the visibility.

It was really a hot day. Many of us got burned our hands , arms and fingers by touching metal surfaces during preparation you're kidding, right .

There was some hype about this drive during the week but as I mentioned in the safety briefing, all the talking at the chat is for fun but there is nothing more important than going back home safe and sound with good memories . Follow the simple safety rules and protect yourself. And everybody did great! As mentioned by [mention]presa[/mention] we drove at high level but we didn't roll a dice and do things blindly which comes with experience and that's why there were some requirements to qualify for this drive. I am sure some other good drivers couldn't make it this time will join us in the future thumbsup

First of all , BIG respect to [mention]Issa[/mention] for fasting at such hot weather and drove without AC (We needed every single horse power we could get from the engines) and did great!

Thanks to [mention]giorgio[/mention] for the great second lead. He reacted correctly whenever I was in trouble and positioned himself to the right place.

And [mention]Solmaz[/mention] [mention]Agalon[/mention] [mention]SINGH[/mention] [mention]presa[/mention] for joining us and present whenever the help is needed . You feel much more confident when you have a good support at such areas!

The area was interesting! Different than Abu Tais where you can speed at open field between the high dunes and keep going in a fast pace , it was a mixture of technical areas , Star fish dunes and high crests which was a good opportunity to practice all your skills thumbsup

The sand was so soft and the climbing power we had at Abu Tais due to hard sand and cooler weather was not there so we had to push the cars harder!

I had fun, it was a great day!

Hope you guys like it too and looking forward to the next adventure!

See you
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

presa wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:51 pm
giorgio wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:45 pm No you didn't put this official in writing. Now I will have to write a detail report.
You are a poet! Go for it!
Buckle up for the drive
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Hell's Bells :

And the Bells sounded loud and clear.

As was mentioned before, this was a high intermediate level drive, on a hot (46 degrees) weather with a flavor of a sand storm.

As [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] mentioned on his report, this drive was discussed several times on the chat with the drivers joking and teasing each other as well as the unfotunate event of the drivers that could not attend as a result of the Holly month rituals. [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] [mention]Saeed FJ[/mention] [mention]Yassen[/mention] [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] [mention]Nabil[/mention] your absence was noticeable I wish you were there to listen to the Hell's bells.

The drive to the meeting point from Dubai was 2 hours long witch only added to the anticipation.

I teamed up with [mention]Issa[/mention] and we drove together to the meeting point.

In the way to the and not far from the final destination the 2 Jeep's were joined by an Fj [mention]presa[/mention] struggling to keep up with us ( my report my point of view isn't Karma a Bi@#$# !!!)

Upon arrival [mention]Agalon[/mention] [mention]SINGH[/mention] and [mention]Solmaz[/mention] were already there deflated and ready to Rock & Roll.

Our organizer and lead car arrived last and the preparation (deflating and flag mounting) took place as was expected under the theme song of the subject drive.

Briefing was short and to the point. For a first time i felt that i was having a 101 safety briefing. The most important rules were for once more highlighted.
a) Be safe
b) turn down if you think you cannot make it we have all the time to do it again and again.

The order of the convoy was [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] as a lead car me as a second lead (thank you for the vote of confidence) [mention]Issa[/mention] third followed by [mention]SINGH[/mention] and [mention]Agalon[/mention] and finally [mention]Solmaz[/mention] floating.

The area was familiar to all of us but this time we get to drive it backwards against the sun.

Drive started on a smooth note giving the intermediate drivers time to warm up. The sand was hot and soft and we immediately got the notification that after the first 30 min we will have to stop for PSI check as with this temperature it will increase for sure.

Not soon after we started the level was increased as was promised ( i will increase the level as much as I see it safe) and the challenges were hitting us from left and right. As all these type of drives climbing big dunes, long steep arches, combo of side crests, sharp dissents, navigation through vegetation, side wall driving with controlled sliding, negotiation of ditches on high technical areas full of hidden V's and small tricky nasty bowls that wanted to shuck you in were in the drivers menu.

The paste was fast and we constantly had to make quick dissensions. This is one of those drives that you either know your sh#%&$ or you get in trouble.

From the composition of this small convoy you can imagine that the weakest links were the only 2 intermediates trying hard to keep up with the level of the drive but mostly keeping the Jeep reputation as a highly capable off-road vehicle, alive.

I was not planning to get into details regarding this lovely topic (Jeep's vs FJ's) but since i was provoked i will take a minute to present the below facts from the drive.

Type Jeeps Fj's
Mechanical issues 0 0
Overheating 3 0
Damaged tiers 0 2
Pop outs 0 1
Assisted recoveries 1 2
Total black point 4 5

Note: The above facts are actual events called officially on the radio and are not to be disputed. Furthermore the majority of the black points for the jeeps were accumulated as a result of 1 out of the 3 jeeps overheating, the other 2 jeeps had no issues what so ever.

Conclusion: Do not listen to rumors and false statements from from some other reports unless they are backed up and documented.

To close my report i would like to thank the organizer for the packed with adrenaline drive. Intermediates hold their ground solid and we delivered as was requested (safe fun drive) .

Thank you all for the support and company and i am looking forward to our next adventure:

PS: Guys don't worry that you lost this one there will be more opportunities in the future to loose again.

Till next time drive safe
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

As we finished the morning drive and headed towards the meeting point directly, we reached a bit early. I was resting in my car waiting for [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] to reach. I didn’t realize his arrival and found out they started the briefing when i looked out at a point.
Weather was hot and sand was soft. Nothing much to add to the above comments. [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] delivered what you would expect from him. Our 2 intermediates, [mention]Issa[/mention] and [mention]giorgio[/mention] did very well all along the drive. 2nd tries have been handled smoothly without interrupting the flow. So one more successful drive has been completed with no casualties (tires are consumables :) ).

See you all next time...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
SINGH
Golden Member
Golden Member

Another great drive in that amazing area of Umm Al Oush. One ignores the long drive from civilisation to reach this far end star fish dunes, as it is worth enough.

Well, I reached before the meeting time. To my surprise, Agalan and Solmaz were already there. Setup my ride for the drive and tried to take some rest in the chilled cabin, as it was too hot to stay out. Yes, the temp was really high.
Kudos to @Issa, thumbsup you are really a brave man, its wasn’t easy to fast and drive on such hot day, especially in that area and you did well….

As written above, the briefing from @Daggerfall was quite clear to make our inters to feel easy from all the hype which was created on the chat regarding this drive. Though it’s always being said, not to believe on whatever being discussed on the chat. However, it’s hard to ignore them at the same time.

What a difference, we drove in the same area last month, immediately after few days of rain and the sand was really hard at that time. It was completely opposite this time. Hot dry day, sun was throwing all the heat which he has got, with no mercy on us. That coupled with strong winds which turned the sand as dry as it can be. Often it was felt like the tires are not floating and the loose sand at top of the crests made it much more difficult to cross them.

The plan was to go against the sun, giving us advantage to avoid those dodgy shadows. @daggerfall drove at a higher level than the normal inter drive. Yes, the cars and the drivers had to come out of their comfort zone to cope up with the level. Being a small + experienced convoy, the flow was really smooth and all were enjoying the day.

As always, @Daggerfalls has ensured that no crest be left untouched and it’s always great to watch him going across the dunes so smoothly. Well, the respect goes double when it’s your turn, wtfsmilie golden word comes out automatically…

Thanks to Agalon, Presa and Solmaz for the support and applause to @Giorgio & @Issa, you guys rocked…. thumbsup