Dunes Hunter

yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

We all met at Al Badayer shops as planned and starts moving on time with Al Khatib leading and Hamdan as sweep. We drive in albadayer area and then moved towards pink rock for the camp. It was the smooth drive with few second tries and without any stuck or pop-out.
We reached Pink rock for camp but it was too windy there so we moved down to search for a place with less wind.
Weather was very cold, I didn't expect that cold winds in the month of April. We had a great time next to the bonfire and having Karak tea! thank you Hamdan for the tea.

Please find below few clips of the drive.

[video][/video]
salhinai
Advance
Advance

i managed to get to albadayer after a long drive from Omam since my flight from was cancelled because of the sand storm. After gathering at the meeting point and doing some last minute shopping we were briefed by Alkhatib (our marshall) and the trip started, the track selected by Alkhatib was nice and the sand was soft that made it all the more interesting. There were no major hick ups during the drive. Just before the end of the drive we met with Abu Tariq and then we all drove to campsite, it was a cold night really cold night we had some nice karak made by the master Hamdan. We stayed around the campfire for some time and then we went to bed. In the morning mom, geni and myself drove to 2 December Inflated our tyers and head off.
Thanks to all marshalls and participants for this nice drive looking forward for my next trip with you guys.
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you very much Alkhatib for allowing me to join this drive. Night driving is very different to day driving in that (even with additional lights) it’s difficult to judge distance, and where obstacles are actually located. A flat section of sand can hide say a ditch, and so I tend to be extra cautious and more stop-start rather than smooth. It’s a bit like the PSI challenge in the sense that what is a relatively easy drive, under new conditions (darkness) becomes more challenging.
My biggest lesson of the evening was where I overtook Hockey (who was stuck) getting too close to him, when I should have stayed behind and turned left away from the ‘danger area’. What is needed of course is correct distance (I was initially too far behind, then too close), and a constant assessment of a ‘safe exit’, when and if it’s required.
It was really great to chitchat around the fire at the end, and many thanks to all the organisers.