Never Fight Gravity !

Dave
Advance
Advance

[quote=Defragmantor;36935]Yea the whole hardtop cracked open . Most of the panels around the car were either bent or dented the damages were estimated around 150k as good as a new car ....[/quote]

That is a lot of damage! What a bill! Glad you were covered and found yourself a replacement to get you back into the dunes. From bent number plates right up to completely writing off a new 4x4, every trip to the desert has its risks. From this story the two key points are wearing a seat belt and having at least a second driver with a fire extinguisher ready to help when it all goes wrong. Every car can be fixed or exchanged but we as drivers (or passengers) are not so easily replaced!
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[MENTION=8472]Dave[/MENTION] Yea cars are replaceable drivers not so much . All in all i had to wait for around 4 months to get another ride for myself and my oh my is she a beauty :D [ATTACH=CONFIG]1997[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
margarita

Hi Defragmantor do you remember yourself when the car went rolling down what was in your mind? very interested
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[MENTION=9136]margarita[/MENTION] honestly till the 2nd roll I didn't realize what was happening . After that it was more of a slow motion of seeing the sky and sand for another 2 times . However trust me it didn't even feel like what I expected a roll over should feel
Alok708

Hi Dileep,

I kw of this incident already, but today as I read this thread again, I just cant help thanking the almighty that you escaped unhurt; and at the cost of repetition would like to thank the marshals for all they did not only that moment, but also the next day!

Cheers!
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dileep, many thanks for having the courage to share your experience. As a fellow driver that day we were all shocked when it happened. The sound of Yoghy on the radio shouting "Oh Sh@&" in sweep was chilling. When we made our way back to the bowl to see your Jeep on its side, it was a shocking sight, but that you were out and appeared uninjured was a relief. We tried long and hard to get life back into your car, but she was having none of it. With Sacha and I making full use of our winches, after many hours of the groups attempts to recover you we had to admit defeat. A sad day, but glad that you were safe, and uninjured, was the one of the most important messages for the day. The first, and last, important message is 'don't fight gravity', as we should remember every time we head into the desert. It comes and bites with little or no warning. See you in the sand soon with the new ride.
Oggy

Glad you're OK Defragmantor, a lesson learnt and shared plus a happy ending.