Customized Flagpole Mount with Glass Suction Cup

desert_jellyfish

Maddie;33211 wrote:Ramy4x4 stock Tearflex CB Antenna mounts ~ Heavy duty as it bolts on to the Jeep. Highly recommended
Just searched it on google images....thats the one i have

the flag pole popped out while driving down SZR, not the whole thing broke off.....so i just need another flag pole to snap onto the already present mount bracket

tomorrow morning will pass by icon auto before work and after work i'll make it to ramy4x4 to compare both poles and prices.....thursday i'll take my decision and go for the better option
FrancisJK
Intermediate
Intermediate

I recommend Red Pole & Teraflex CB Antenna Mount Kit from Ramy 4x4 below. I usually mount the antenna (hand tight only) when I go off-roading & remove it again when hitting the road. I hope this will give you an idea. Cheers :)
FrancisJK
Intermediate
Intermediate

Andre;33159 wrote:Thought it's worthy to share my customized flagpole mount utilizing the best use of a glass suction cup.

What you need:

1. Glass suction cup

2. Small angle bracket

3. Couple of bolts and nuts (I use 5mm)

4. Drill

See image below for the finished product.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1776[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1777[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1778[/ATTACH]

Great write up Andre. Keep it up :)
Andre

FrancisJK;33218 wrote:Great write up Andre. Keep it up :)
Thanks Francis, I've posted this to might help fellow almosters using suction cups to properly fix their poles simple and easy.

I like that red pole specially the two parts type like the one with Bu Salem.
desert_jellyfish

FrancisJK;33217 wrote:I usually mount the antenna (hand tight only) when I go off-roading & remove it again when hitting the road
That's great....mounted off the road, dismounted on the road.....sounds like a solution!

now just gotta see which option i'm gonna go with
Maddie

I have a very practical solution from a lesson I learnt whilst driving behind Zico once. Goto Dragon Mart, buy an orange bicycle pole and mount it to Jeep on an existing bolt, preferably behind the spare tyre. Tie the flag before drive, untie it afterwards. The flexible pole is 4mm fibreglass and costs 15 dirhams and withstands 160kmph drives. Looks really good too, like an extra antenna.
desert_jellyfish

Thanks Maddie for your solution but i just got back from ramy4x4

i went ahead with the flag pole from there as strawb had suggested but i will look for that orange bicycle pole from dragonmart and keep it as spare.....do you have the shop number where i can find that pole you're mentioning?