O Solo Mio 3.0

zeemmee

[quote=musa hammoudeh;29478]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_mLFHLSULw[/quote]

Very nice video of the drive musa bhai, :060:
Suhail
Advance
Advance

It was a great day out... loved every second of it..
Not only the drive was amazing but the beautiful company which I am proud to drive with.
Thank you all and see you soon ISA.
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Capri , Bu Shahid , Arminjune for the excellent drive reports ..

THREE ,TWO , ONE , GO !!! ... Caprihorse waved me off at the start of my solo run.
Butterflies in the stomach , cold synapses down the spine and heart pounding... I wondered if it was a wise decision opting to do the solo run so soon after being promoted.
(I remembered Caprihorse and Bu Salem's 'encouraging comments' during the briefing which includes ... ROLLOVER ... Hope you carried a good Shovel! ... you know how to fix a popout ... this area has some lovely ditches and soft pockets! ...
I tried to calm myself down ... takes things slow , remember everything you've learnt and don't do anything risky or stupid

With my GPS pointed to checkpoint 1 I slowly ventured over the first dune expecting to find a ditch or bush in front of me ... to my relieve a clear path ... I saw Bu Salem and Aemi in the distance ... the climb over the second dune was easier but still the anxiety and tension was overhelming ... Third , Fourth , Fifth and Six dunes...and then I heard the beep on my GPS signalling arrival at checkpoint 1 ... What a relief !!!
The drive to checkpoint 2 was similar but with a lesser degree of panic ...
By the third checkpoint I had reached my inner Zen and the confidence in my skills reappeared ... strangely enough I was now able to read the dunes(they no longer looked like a wall of sand in front of me and had some sort of order to them) and I actually started to ENJOY MYSELF ... really !!!

The drive thereafter proceeded with less and less tension and eventually I was not afraid of getting stuck and felt like I would be able to cope with every situation over the next dune ... knowing that should I have a problem our guardian angels in the sweep convoy were there to recover me.

After passing the gate ,the dunes got higher for the next few checkpoints allowing for sporadic adrenaline boosts with some enjoyable slide sloping ... I also tried to experiment with different approaches to cresting a dune.

From checkpoint 14 to the finish ... small dunes with really soft sand and irregular dune formations made for some technical driving and I found myself on a couple of occasions having to retrace my track to find a safer exit ... really did not want to get stuck ... NOT NOW that I was so close to the finish.

I eventually emerged onto a flat area and could see others playing on the high dunes at the FINISH checkpoint ...
Arrived to find Bu Shahid , Riazj , Bomolin , Hockey , Musa , Adnan , Suhail enjoying a well deserved break with a large watermelon and shisha.

A special thanks to Abu Jimmy , AlKhatib , Bu Salem , Caprihorse , Yoghybear , Zico , Hamdan , Desert Lizard and others for providing this incredible platform , ALMOST 4X4 CLUB ... its is only through your selfless guidance and advice that I was able to reach the finish with both driver and car in one piece.
This was truly an incredible achievement for me and all credit is solely due to all your efforts ensuring we learn offroading in a controlled and safe manner.

My advice to other upcoming offroaders is always listen to the marshals ... their comment and guidance are only for you to improve your skills.
OH Yes ... and if you are on a solo run don't follow Bu Salem's tracks ...
OffroadRon
Intermediate
Intermediate

After having been part of the sweeping convoy for the O Solo Mio 2 drive, I finally was able to participate and take the challenge of OSM 3.......and I wouldn't have wanted to miss it for a thing.:like:

Thank you Marshals for organising and facilitating this awesome drive. It was a great (learning) experience! Others have already described it .........camping under the stars, great friends, beautiful weather, amazing and challenging dunes, the thrill of driving 'alone' .......in one word AMAZING!

Looking forward to the next event with my Almost 4x4 friends
Hope that the 'injured' cars will be well again soon :thumbsup:

Cu in the sand,
OffroadRon
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=Iqsaan;29510]
I eventually emerged onto a flat area and could see others playing on the high dunes at the FINISH checkpoint ...
Arrived to find Bu Shahid , Riazj , Bomolin , Hockey , Musa , Adnan , Suhail enjoying a well deserved break with a large watermelon and shisha.
[/quote]

Where was that watermelon that everyone talking about ? :X3: It seems that I landed in Al Naqraa with anther CLUB :shocked...again:

[quote=Iqsaan;29510]
OH Yes ... and if you are on a solo run don't follow Bu Salem's tracks ...[/quote]

I would recommend the same :grin: I was all over the place :thumbsup: ... When I saw you from distance I was praying to GOD that you won't follow my tracks otherwise you would be in DEEP $h#%*T :ouch...it hurts:
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
muaz

[quote=alshamsi_m;29469]I got the chance to scout the area to discover great bolws & standing walls to make it ready for future convoys.

Till then, take care all and see you in the sand[/quote]

[quote=Mubz;29486]Hungry Newbies are missing out on alot of beautiful places.............. no need to say please arrange one for newbies to al ain :)[/quote]

agree agree
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

Hi Almosters,

to be honest with you.. Don't know how to start writing after all of these wonderful reports.:045:
I think I should start writing them as soon as I reach home or on the way while driving back to get a chance picking some nice words before seniors do.:you're kidding, rig

Any ways.. Let me try if I'm still lucky & share with you few points from this trip with this league:

1- As off-roaders, yes every Almoster can drive alone. ( thank you Marshals & Founders for developing our skills in this):cheerful:
2- intermediates did great job in this event.
3- Marshals & Founders spent lot of time & efforts to make us(members) happy & end up with these great results.

Founders, Marshals & all Members...

Thanking you individually for your supports.. This Family wouldn't be as it is with out you.

Waiting to see u all in the next event.:060: