Almost 4x4 Newbie Trip... For shopping at Dragonmart :-D

Maddie

Well Iqsaan, the shop was closed coz today is Friday... Its more like a bike repair shop
Ill check tomorrow and post a pic of it with its 'orange' flag too. If my mount turns out fine, I'll make one for you too. ........ Hamid
Maddie

Well Iqsaan, the shop was closed coz today is Friday... Its more like a bike repair shop
Ill check tomorrow and post a pic of it with its 'orange' flag too. If my mount turns out fine, I'll make one for you too. ........ Hamid
Maddie

[quote=Iqsaan;24516]@MaddieTJ where did you find the flagpoles and how much ?[/quote]

Iqsaan, I got the flagpole today. Its mader of fiber glass, orange and 7 feet long.

Just 15 dirhams and comes with a mounting bracket.

Just undo any bolt on the car and mount it.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=sandmonkey;6158]Trip Report:

I didn't wait and went ahead with my shopping. Here's what you can expect:

1) Compressor was quoted at 280 and sold at 265. They will try to feed you nonsense (am keeping my words mild since I donno wht level of language is allowed here :010:) about the compressor being the last one on the planet and how lucky you are to have it. Just tell them in their face that you have been hearing that story from their last 3 customers. Hope you are a better negotiator than I was. because that place deserves better negotiation.

2) Walkie-Talkie (Kenwood dual band) set me back by 325 (initial quote 340) which I think is quite acceptable for a single unit. There are also the single band types available, but din check their prices. The shop with the laser light has better prices than the shop which is further up the side street. Also the guy seemed to be nice and replaced my charger when I returned it due to its non-functioning.

3) Trolley-Jack cost in JZX 200... Didn't negotiate here.

4) Remaining items were odds and ends like a spray pump- 35 Dhs, Gloves - 5 Dhs, Tyre valve remover - 5Dhs, Knife - 20 Dhs and Multi-Tool- 30 Dhs.

Big thanks to Shamsi for being my voice navigation in that place and Sylvester for that initial guidance. Even with Shamsi literally talking me through the place it took me a couple of tries to reach the right shops!! So I can only imagine the efforts that that the first persons from our group to have shopped here must have put in... That place is BIG!!

As pointed out previously, there is strength in numbers... There is a price cut for every additional piece bought. But I suggest that max 1-2 persons go into a shop to negotiate. Maybe u can divide responsibilities and go to different shops so as to save time.[/quote]
Thinking of going there today need an air compressor what shop number did u but this stuff from ?
zarir
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Defragmantor;27786]Thinking of going there today need an air compressor what shop number did u but this stuff from ?[/quote]

Chinese brand compressor (150 LPM as per the label) - Dragon Mart Shop EAC01 - Price would depend on supply and more importantly your bargaining skills. I negotiated with Kabeer there.
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Where can I buy a fire extinguisher ? ... (I got my last one from a friend which seems to have 'grown feet' and disappeared.)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Iqsaan;27816]Where can I buy a fire extinguisher ? ... (I got my last one from a friend which seems to have 'grown feet' and disappeared.)[/quote]

Don't even think to buy from Dragonmart. We will reject definitely. Options are NAFCO or FIREX or any Tasjeel station. It must be dry powder, marked in blue.
Mubz

[quote=Iqsaan;27816]Where can I buy a fire extinguisher ? ... (I got my last one from a friend which seems to have 'grown feet' and disappeared.)[/quote]

I saw one the other day in ACE hardware store they have a bag pack containing
1. Gloves
2. Jump Lead
3. Fire extinguisher ( powder)
4. A nice bag for all this

All this for 195 AED Fire extinguisher itself is 89 AED

[quote=caprihorse;27818]Don't even think to buy from Dragonmart. We will reject definitely. Options are NAFCO or FIREX or any Tasjeel station. It must be dry powder, marked in blue.[/quote]

You will need to check the content of the package to see if complies with Almost4x4 Safety Criteria