Traffic Fine in RAK?

Code Red

I just found out I can't register the Jeep until I pay a traffic fine in RAK. The computer in Dubai said that it was an Abu Dhabi fine. A drive to Abu Dhabi revealed it was an RAK fine. (makes more sense - I have never driven in Abu Dhabi). But I can't take time off work to go to RAK and look for the Police Headquarters.

Is it possible to pay an RAK Police fine on-line or over the phone?
Mubz

Interface looks different( maybe recently changed but you can check your fines online and pay them online as well I would suggest search by trafic file number which should be on your license registration card.

this is for cars registered in Dubai.

http://traffic.rta.ae/trfesrv/public_re ... payment.do ( new interface)

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/englis ... &Page=5998 ( old site yet valid)

Once you search on your Traffic File if the fine is payable online then you can pay online but there are some fines that actually need your presence at the police head quarters (at times) they require showing your license.

If your fine is payable online you can pay it online and go ahead with registration.

I registered my new Jeep ( jeep is old but its new for me) but I had to pay fines of sharjah muncipality I was able to pay them online but I paid them at the registration counter. ( if you haven't tried that try it)

Far as fine is showing on your Traffic file and your car is registered in Dubai you should be able to pay fines of any emirate at the Dubai registration counter. ( this is based on my own experience with 3 different cars that I registered and paid fines for)

Try your luck and I hope it should be fine.
Code Red

I drove up to RAK this morning, and the fine isn't a fine. I was in an accident last month while driving a rented vehicle. RAK police have put a block on my license until Budget Rental's Insurance Company settles the damage.
Maddie

A new addition to the 'its a Jeep thing' list ehehehehehe

Good Luck Code Red. .. its too hot anyways. ..
Code Red

JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket
Code Red

Fines resolved. Paid by rental company after much encouragement. Second attempt to register today!

But no drive for New (1 drive only) Newbies this week . . . .
Code Red

Got Plates!!!!!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

There will be a club members drive coming soon ... maybe be ... next week
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Mubz

[quote=alshamsi_m;27323]There will be a club members drive coming soon ... maybe be ... next week[/quote]

:like: cant wait to see my 2nd family :)
Mubz

[quote=Code Red;27314]Got Plates!!!!![/quote]

Congratulations .... play hard and play safe :)