Will bring a walkie talkie from abroad

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=delta83;26610]i would suggest to return it,
i have been stopped and screened in airport for so many stuff...
i carried head lights, suspensions, bolts for my none offroad car , they stopped me and scanned me in a separate room
once i had to argue for a good 20 min with customs after a visit from china to bring in a small dagger, souvenir from a marshal art touristic mountain, the dagger wasnt even sharpen, it was just a piece of metal
so to bring in a walkie talkie, consider spending some time with customs ;)
easy solution get it from Dragon mart, if it doesnt work at least you can return it or exchange it[/quote]

They thought you were vin diesel thats why they stopped you
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Meh I think im gona take the risk and get it.4 out of 5 times I've come to dubai they never really scan my baggage so lets hope they don't do it this time aswell .
brandonjh4

Ok. Just to add something about airport security. All baggage gets scanned. Period. They have ways to notify the concerned authorities about who to look out for and so on. This happens when you check in baggage and when it goes through screening when it reaches the destination port. At one airport, i once saw a discreet heat scan machine places in one corner scanning people and the bags passing by.

Whe n i shifted to Dubai, i was carrying a lot of documents. Even before i could reach, a cop walked over to me and asked to have my bag scanned and checked it. When asked he told me when they see a lot of documents they want to check, because cheque books in the name of other people and especially those of international banks are not allowed into the country. (I had my wifes cheque book with me). But he knew to stop me even before i hit the scanners.

But anyways, curious to know the outcome. ;-)
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

@ Brandon seriously dude u jus crushed my hopes of getting the walkie talkie through
FSL

[quote=Defragmantor;26620]@ Brandon seriously dude u jus crushed my hopes of getting the walkie talkie through[/quote]

Go for it man, we'll have the answer to this question once and for all... :grin::grin::thumbsup:
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=FSL;26622]Go for it man, we'll have the answer to this question once and for all... :grin::grin::thumbsup:[/quote]
I have no choice but to go for it since I left the city I brought the walkie talkie in only concern I have is that I read this online post that this dude got arrested at the Indian airport for carrying a satellite phone with him .... Stupid I know . But I don't wanna end up behind bars for getting a walkie talkie
zeemmee

Its quite unpredictable, I got with me once 2 dog horns :thumbsup: for offroad use, no one asked me to check the baggage.( I can't install them cause I get pulled over quite often for nothing)
On the other hand once I had sweets & the nice lady asked me what are those boxes?
Its a risk, for which calculation is difficult.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

*update the walkie talkie got through no problems at all :D .
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=Defragmantor;26651]*update the walkie talkie got through no problems at all :D .[/quote]

Good for you ... But next time .. don't push your luck. .. in life we do things thinking that it won't harm & then we regret big time ... you put yourself in an necessary risk for 300 dhs which you might give as a tip in a Coffee Shop
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=alshamsi_m;26652]Good for you ... But next time .. don't push your luck. .. in life we do things thinking that it won't harm & then we regret big time ... you put yourself in an necessary risk for 300 dhs which you might give as a tip in a Coffee Shop[/quote]
300 dhs as tip ..... i dont think so :wtfsmilie: