instant popout fix

makoo

fixing a tire on the rim with chemistry
i think the liquid is Gas lighter fluid like the one in cigarette lighters
http://www.jokeroo.com/videos/funny/inf ... econd.html
Last edited by Phoenix on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: editing previous data for optimising search box results
makoo

i saw this on topgear also when they took the hilux to the northpole they also used this trick!
Last edited by Phoenix on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

makoo;24692 wrote:fixing a tire on the rim with chemistry
i think the liquid is Gas lighter fluid like the one in cigarette lighters
http://www.jokeroo.com/videos/funny/inf ... econd.html
No need for Gas lighter fluid, WD40 will do the trick :060:
Last edited by Phoenix on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Code Red

I've done it with ether, and I have seen it done with gasoline (petrol). The best (and coincidentally safest) substance is ether, commonly available in colder climates as diesel starting fluid. Thjs is a very common technique in the US for reseating tires on Bobcat or similar skidsteer loaders on construction sites. Like offroaders, they typically have very wide rims in relation to the tire size. It is also commonly used by offroaders and drag racers for the same reasons.

Gasoline and lighter fluid are both prone to burning a little too long and become dangerous. Ether gives you a good "poof" and then the bead is reseated on the rim. It goes so fast that there is hardly any fire. The less volitile fluids like gasoline and lighter fluid tend to not vaporize as completely and this can result in a flaming rubber doughnut. Gasoline is more effective than lighter fluid, but is also probably the worst possible mixture of volatility and flammability. It tends to both explode and burn. Huge fire balls and residual flames, I have never seen a serious injury, but lots of singed eyebrows and blistered faces/fingers. I did once see a flaming bobcat tire get away and roll through a construction site after a crew used gasoline (petrol). That was not the recommended method, but it was hard not to laugh.
Last edited by Phoenix on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.