Almost 4x4 Newbie Trip... For shopping at Dragonmart :-D

sandmonkey

Its the end of the month, Salary's just come in :008: Planning to shop for stuff tomorrow afternoon or on Saturday morning before all the money vanishes again (which it does without fail :011:)

Items on my list:
1) Radio
2) Compressor
3) Any other useful offroading item available in Dragonmart

Agenda is shopping follwed by snacks/ coffee.

Interested persons please put in your names, number and preferred day below. Intermediate and advanced drivers who need to buy stuff from Dragonmart are also welcome :015:

We can decide when to go based on the response till tomorrow morning (apologies for the short notice people :054:)

Lastly, it would be a great help if someone could act as Marshal and see to it that we do not get lost (can happen in Dragonmart I beleive :029:) or overcharged; On the other hand if we are a sufficient number we can try for a discount :032:

Shoppers:

1) Sandmonkey, 050-9163736, Saturday Morning
2)
3)
4)
5)
and More...

Marshals:

1)

P.S: Mods, please move this thread someplace where more people can see it. Thanks.
Jabster
Golden Member
Golden Member

Would've been very interested but going to Uk in the morning. If you or anyone decdes to do same next month - would be very interested. Wanting walkie talkie, compressor and maybe other things.

Thanks
Sandra
sandmonkey

Well I think there is another trip scheduled after Ramadan... So no worries; enjoy ur time off :057:
Jabster
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Sandmonkey - loo.k forward to hearing
sandmonkey

Trip Report:

I didn't wait and went ahead with my shopping. Here's what you can expect:

1) Compressor was quoted at 280 and sold at 265. They will try to feed you nonsense (am keeping my words mild since I donno wht level of language is allowed here :010:) about the compressor being the last one on the planet and how lucky you are to have it. Just tell them in their face that you have been hearing that story from their last 3 customers. Hope you are a better negotiator than I was. because that place deserves better negotiation.

2) Walkie-Talkie (Kenwood dual band) set me back by 325 (initial quote 340) which I think is quite acceptable for a single unit. There are also the single band types available, but din check their prices. The shop with the laser light has better prices than the shop which is further up the side street. Also the guy seemed to be nice and replaced my charger when I returned it due to its non-functioning.

3) Trolley-Jack cost in JZX 200... Didn't negotiate here.

4) Remaining items were odds and ends like a spray pump- 35 Dhs, Gloves - 5 Dhs, Tyre valve remover - 5Dhs, Knife - 20 Dhs and Multi-Tool- 30 Dhs.

Big thanks to Shamsi for being my voice navigation in that place and Sylvester for that initial guidance. Even with Shamsi literally talking me through the place it took me a couple of tries to reach the right shops!! So I can only imagine the efforts that that the first persons from our group to have shopped here must have put in... That place is BIG!!

As pointed out previously, there is strength in numbers... There is a price cut for every additional piece bought. But I suggest that max 1-2 persons go into a shop to negotiate. Maybe u can divide responsibilities and go to different shops so as to save time.
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good job.. Now You will need a flag and flag mount.
Forgoz
Club Member
Club Member

[quote=sandmonkey;6158]Trip Report:

I didn't wait and went ahead with my shopping. Here's what you can expect:

1) Compressor was quoted at 280 and sold at 265. They will try to feed you nonsense (am keeping my words mild since I donno wht level of language is allowed here :010:) about the compressor being the last one on the planet and how lucky you are to have it. Just tell them in their face that you have been hearing that story from their last 3 customers. Hope you are a better negotiator than I was. because that place deserves better negotiation.

2) Walkie-Talkie (Kenwood dual band) set me back by 325 (initial quote 340) which I think is quite acceptable for a single unit. There are also the single band types available, but din check their prices. The shop with the laser light has better prices than the shop which is further up the side street. Also the guy seemed to be nice and replaced my charger when I returned it due to its non-functioning.

3) Trolley-Jack cost in JZX 200... Didn't negotiate here.

4) Remaining items were odds and ends like a spray pump- 35 Dhs, Gloves - 5 Dhs, Tyre valve remover - 5Dhs, Knife - 20 Dhs and Multi-Tool- 30 Dhs.

Big thanks to Shamsi for being my voice navigation in that place and Sylvester for that initial guidance. Even with Shamsi literally talking me through the place it took me a couple of tries to reach the right shops!! So I can only imagine the efforts that that the first persons from our group to have shopped here must have put in... That place is BIG!!

As pointed out previously, there is strength in numbers... There is a price cut for every additional piece bought. But I suggest that max 1-2 persons go into a shop to negotiate. Maybe u can divide responsibilities and go to different shops so as to save time.[/quote]

Is it possible to share the review of the trolley jack & shop details (DM)
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

I bought my 2ton trolley jack from Speedex (next to Oasis Centre) for AED95... Seems to work well ... I got to test it after my pop-out last week :011:
Maddie

I am fabricating a flagmount for my TJ's rear bumber, saw a bicycle shop that sells falgpoles for bikes, around three metres.
Will do it tomorrow morning.

If it turns out good Ill post pix and how to do it yourself for a few dirhams. .
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

@MaddieTJ where did you find the flagpoles and how much ?