Dear Members,

Please post all trip reports here.

Regards,
Phoenix
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Dear Almosters good evening and welcome to all the new members at the Best Off-road club in this planet and nearby!

Just arrived home from this great CM drive.

@Barish did the briefing, explaining about the club rules and how to properly drive at the desert, being safety among the most repeated word.
Although the Summer haven't finished, everyone was paying attention and taking the theory from the briefing.

After the briefing we went for the practice with three convoys being lead by: @giorgio , @Mabubaker and @rapailo leading each one of them.

I was support at @Mabubaker , with @Daggerfall floating too, while @Germain and @KIMOz were within the convoy.

The track had around 18km, with finish point at Al Qudra Stores.

We had some Sabaka, but many climbs and soft sands, which made the new members had plenty of 2nd tries and stucks, what is quite common at this level.

Everyone was using properly the radio, but distance was a bit of a concern, both for long as for short.
Everyone were playing safe, what is very good and justify the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... Tries... 😁😁😁

Please complete your tools so we can upgrade you and you can join the next weekend drive, where @Barish organized some interesting area!
Mabubaker
Marshal
Marshal

We had an awesome time with the new members today. After @Barish did the detailed club member briefing, members where split in three convoys, I was leading the second convoy with the guardian angels @Daggerfall and @presa ensuringthe safety of the convoy, @KIMOz and @Germain supporting in the middle and the back of the convoy, and my amaizing second lead @brett who was always alert for adjustments on the track when needed.
We started the first 10 min warmup before entering the technical area. Although several members had seconds tries and stucks, it was noticeable that nobody was taking risks which is very good and encouraging to increase the level a bit further, second tries and stucks kept happening but Marshals and support where always there to give guidance and safe recoveries.
We arrived at the exit point at sunset before getting dark which means we managed to get the most of the sunlight enjoying the desert.
I hope the new members enjoyed the drive today, and looking forward to see you in the upcoming newbie drives, so make sure you get your first star before the next week.
Thank you!
M Abubaker

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Everyone,

As always the clubmember drive started off with an interesting and good solid briefing of @Barish .
After the briefeing the convoys were splitted into three and I was assigned to the convoy led by @giorgio with @orlantsev , @mpodroid , @Rashidjass and @Scorpio to support.

Off we went into the dunes and immediately into the technical soft dunes, directly issues arose with second tries and stuck cars.
Once all was cleared and the convoy was almost re-connected, a stowaway from the neighboring convoy joined ours... @optimus said, "come with daddy" and the situation was sorted.

This drive lived up to expectations, I assume as people were happy coming out of the desert and immediately the marshals were kidnapped to check tools! cool
Really nice to see so many enthusiastic people to join the family and hopefully see all of you next weekend again!

Tom
brett
Crew
Crew

Welcome to the New Club Members who joined us for their first introduction drive with your new Almost4x4 family.

My afternoon started early - arriving at the meeting point to set up the banners with help from @Rooies and crew mates @KIMOz @Gabor

We went to the deflate point to assist the CM’s and point them in the direction of the meeting point.

A big thank you to @Barish for planning and organizing the introduction drive. The excellent Pre drive safety briefing and introduction to the CM about life in the Almost4x4 family.

As mentioned 3 convoys were set. I was assigned to the convoy led by @Mabubaker with support from @presa @Germain @Daggerfall and @KIMOz

Our drive started off at a nice easy pace to allow the CM’s to settle their nerves and a nice momentum was established for the first 15 - 20min. @Mabubaker was being very nice to the CM’s taking a very easy line. Once we entered the more technical area there were a lot of 2nd tries and at some points the convoy became disjointed but stragglers were rounded up by @Daggerfall and @presa.

Then @Mabubaker decided to up the level a bit. With a very (for CM’s) steep climb I watched as he climbed and went over the crest with sand flying. Next my turn ! As i approached the crest I didn’t want to “fly” so I let the gas off a fraction to early wtfsmilie so there I was sitting on my belly on the crest. This required @presa having to pull me from the back successfully dislodging me from the top of the dune. The message over the radio from @Mabubaker to the CM’s was priceless !! (A campfire story for sure). It was decided not to proceed over this dune with the convoy and a new track was taken. As they say there is no shame in being stuck - but as a Newbie with many drives under my belt this was not going to escape the teasing by the Marshals and I will not be allowed to forget it for a very long time. I am posting the photo here ! The photo is thanks to my crew mate @KIMOz thank you for capturing it for eternity ! thumbsup

The last section of the drive was again technical and for many of the CM’s the fatigue started to set in and we had many more 2nd and third tries. But everyone made it out just as the sun was starting to set. Lots of smiling faces at the inflate point and Drivers lining up to have their tools checked to gain the first “Newbie” star so we will be seeing many of you again next week to continue your off road journey with Almost4x4.

As always my take ways from the drive
- every drive is a learning experience
- leave your ego at home
-radio communication is essential for a safe trip
- the correct tyre pressure
- following distance not too close not too far.

Don’t forget to follow us on Social Media FB IG and YouTube

Registration for next week will likely open at 6pm on Sunday (keep checking the app for details - snooze you loose ! be fast on the join button as the drives fill up with in seconds of opening.

Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Desert Stars II is the first CM drive opening the winter season. @Barish thank you for organizing the event as it was long overdue.

It is nice to see all the new drivers on the meeting point waiting to start their off-road adventure/s. For some this will be the first and last drive for others will be the beginning to an adventure that will last for many years to come.

The briefing on this event was the most important element as it gives an opportunity to the new drivers to understand little about the club (its members and history) as well as the fundamentals of   off-roading on the sand.

I had to opportunity to lead one of the convoys which was supported by @Rashidjass  @Scorpio as floating Marshals, @Tomvanhouten mid convoy @mpodroid as a second lead and @orlantsev as a swiper  (welcome back buddy).

The length of the original track was 18kms and the aim was to cover as much as possible before sun set at 630pm.

As it was mentioned during the briefing priority is every member's safety and  enjoy the drive.

We enter the drive from mid size dunes continuing to smaller and more technical areas  and finally to more flat overland terrain.  That way our convoy got to experience the challenges raised in each part of the drive.
Second and third tries as well as self recoveries along with assisted recoveries served as the main course.

It is from our failures that we learn and I am a big believer that the shortest route to success is through our failures so I was very satisfied to see every driver in the convoy doing their best to cope with the challenges and make it to the finish line.

Job well done from all the new drivers. A small piece of advice from my part is that only with frequent participation, dedication and  hard work you will end up mastering the skills to end up calling yourself independent off-roaders  so it is your call how hard you want to work for something that you want.

To close my report I would like to thank all the support team and the organizer. Thank you to all the new drivers that did their best and trust me you guys did great.

For the ones that are willing to go further don't forget to complete your tools and get your first star before next weekend where more fun is waiting for you.

Hope to see you all in the upcoming drives but until then drive safe. 
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
presa
Marshal
Marshal

orlantsev
Advance
Advance

Good morning all,
I also need to have my tools compliant so I spent Thursday afternoon at Jazz Garage and Friday morning at Dragon Mart :)
Piece of advise - the good 2 ton orange trolley jack was only available in one shop in Dragon Mart (maybe more but I was there until 2 pm and some shops were still closed). There are models which are longer and bigger which make it less suitable. So if you see it, grab it.
Since I kept on waiting for the shop to open, I came a bit late to the meeting point. I was a sweeper at @giorgio convoy which in the end had 16 cars which were a mix of trucks, smaller Jimny's and usual suspects - FJs and Jeeps. First the area was technical and I should say quite challenging. It was literally very hot in the back with recoveries needed every few hundred meters. Some were stuck on literally flat ground, some on crests. The frequent delays broke the convoy and extra care needed to be taken to not let club members drive the wrong track by themselves. @Rashidjass switched cars all the time to help out where it was needed most - sometimes he was with his son, sometimes with me, at other times with @Scorpio . His self recovery of the Prado was very educational to those who had a chance to witness it. The second half of the drive was easier and provided more opportunities to witness beautiful sunset. With all the hard work under the sun I finished 3 ltrs of water in less than 1.5 hours.
So small advices to new joiners - if you need to park - do it it at a slight vertical angle, that way you will not be stuck when you start moving again. Watch the car in front - sometimes what appears to be a crest is not, so you can safely accelerate more. And do not be apologetic for your mistakes - we have all been and are still there with you. Best regards
admin

Congratulations for all the members who made it and got the first STAR
Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
Balmori

It was a fantastic Friday!

The drive was fun and a learning experience from the beginning. It was great to see so many newbies like me, willing to give it a try and make it happen while enjoying the drive. It was encouraging and reassuring to see the experienced members sharing and supporting us along the way.

I got my first STAR and have signed up for this weekend! My wife is also a member, so we are planning to bring the kids and continue learning while we have fun and chill with all after the drive!

Thank you ALMOST4X4, thank you to the support team and to @Barish and @giorgio for a great and safe drive 👍