Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Enjoy the video:

Cheers,
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Shakkas

G'day All,

First time off-road in the sand and for a beginner, man that was fun! leisurely drive out to the meeting spot was great. Getting to know how the deflate tool worked with some handy help is a newly aquired skill.

@Barish did a great job explaining the basics and making me feel at ease to get on with the drive. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. I had a great view with one of the Pajero's needing to be recovered. Good learning curb @presa and @Mabubaker were great guides, open and willing to share knowledge, smiling constantly enjoying themselves.

Learning the right speed to approach the up and overs was good practice and attempting multiple times with no pressure to succeed even after the 3rd time made me feel comfortable to fail if it happens.

Trying to find the Hook has been the hardest challenge of this whole experience! Living in AD and not many options available. I've managed to find a place in Mussafah and get one, so any other people in AD that need some assistance with gear, feel free to message me.

Just waiting for my 1Star to be uploaded and looking forward to this weekend's drive :yaeh_am_not_durnk:

Final shoutout to @Germain you were having alot of fun even though you were running support. Thanks for the tips and see you on Friday
stockton

What a fun first drive that was !!!!

Kudos to our elite crew members (@Mabubaker, @presa, @Germain and @Daggerfall) for teaching us the ropes of off-roading, being very calm and polite and showing us how to "surf" those dunes while circling around and keeping a close watch on all the newbies.

Some new survival skills were captured and first drive was excellent (started off nice and easy for us to get the hang of it all and then ramped up towards the end to some higher and steeper dunes, just to kick start that adrenaline and finish off the drive).

Loads of fun and looking forward to the upcoming adventures.
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

I reached the meeting point & found @brett there busy setting up the flags, not long @KIMOz cam flying over the dunes, he was playing at the back & have not deflated yet, he said it was a lot of fun getting to the meeting point. We setup the flags & @brett left. Slowly the new members started arriving & chatted away as we waited for the briefing.

@Barish did the briefing & explained the do's & dont's while driving. After the briefing he dealt in the convoys, there were 3 convoys. I was in the 3rd convoy, @rapailo was leading, @Jasper & myself were in the convoy for rescue purpose with @optimus , @kareem.alameldin & @Barish seeping & keeping an eye on everyone.

We waited till all the convoys left then started our drive. The going was slow in the beginning as one can understand. There was a Fj that got stuck & then started getting a bit hot. The guys helped & checked what might be the issue. We also checked the tire pressure & saw that it was to high, we helped deflating & we were off again. There was a white jeep that struggled to get over the dunes, the tire were to hard & he just kept digging. I helped to deflate, he told me that the onboard computer said it was 0.8, but it was 16Psi. I believe the computer was set on Bar & not Psi, hence the problem. After deflating to 10Psi he did not struggle to cross the dunes anymore.

Unfortunately I had to leave the drive early due to an emergency.

Thank you to @Barish for organizing the drive & all the other advance & inters for helping during the drive.

Till we meet in the sand again, stay safe.

Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

Hi everyone,

CM drives are an Almost 4x4 traditional series of introduction of desert to new joiners and introduction of new joiners to the desert. The focus is always the introduction of basic concepts and safety rules to the new members rather than the drive itself.

It was great to see that much amount of new joiners excited to learn and practice. All drivers did very well, all happened is part of the game and was a piece of input to your learning and experience.

Thanks to Crew for the help in organization and all Marshalls, Advance and Intermediate for the support to make it another successful event. Special thanks to Explorers for the lead and being on time at the finish point.

Welcome again to all members in this drive to your journey with Almost4x4 and mever forget one rule: "Change your gear if you believe that your momentum will improve."

See you on the sand.

Barish
derrik316

Hey Guys!
I was one of the CM driver and right off the bat I would like to thank the Almost4x4 team for organising such an amazing trip for newbies like us and allowing us to be a part of the family.

Usual suspects of jeep and fjs were seen to flock the meeting point, felt a bit odd at the start with my grocery getter- family wagon expedition among the lighter vehicles. Nevertheless the car didn't let me down, it was I who let it down by driving it on D whilst climbing the 1st dune and offcourse got stuck....anyways got help from @Rashidjass and @Rooies was out of the dune to lose my number plate while getting down. Luckily it was found by @Scorpio & @Rashidjass

Rest of the drive was awesome and manage to go around the dunes with ease, the rescue team was great, got to witness a prado being self recovered by @Rashidjass . The evening was fun & specially informative. @Barish briefing helped us to calm our selves and get to know each other (team)a bit.

After the drive at the end point, we all showed the equipment to the Marshalls and eagerly waiting for our 1st star to join many to come drives.

Thank you Almost4x4
Derrik