Blade runners III

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Blade Runners III, my second intermediate drive......... uhm, literally looking for the proper English to describe this.

Can't find those correct words, but it was truly amazing!!! What an absolute blast!
As I can't find the words, maybe try to describe it in a different way: soaking wet of sweat, full focus, heart racing and a very very big smile on my face!

The Sweihan area turned into something else under the lead of @Scorpio , high dunes, sharp crests, what a great drive!
Even now thinking back, writing the report, makes me smile. It makes you understand, when people say; welcome to the fun level! It is sooo much fun and more!

I know, I still am a young intermediate which needs to learn a lot more before being able to play with the bigger boys, but I'll just take it step by step, slowly but surely.

In the beginning of briefing @Scorpio mentioned we were driving Sweihan, Old lady, Nagra... I seriously have no clue whether or not we made any of the points Psmiley that is level of focus, I was having during the drive. I just saw that we inflated at the same point, we were deflating, so I guess we didn't do that well (in terms of track driving), but who cares!

Thank you @Scorpio @presa and @Mahmoodyasin for the guidance and support, absolutely looking forward to the next on!

Tom
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

After about 2 months out from the Sand, I came back as a support to @Scorpio .

AD border got some drivers coming from Dubai, but a shorter convoy means a faster one :)

With 10 cars Scorpio did a nice drive, without pushing and drivers were on the cautious side, due to some being rust while 3 of them being new to the level & area.

We had above average second tries but just a single push.

Let me know intermediate thoughts on the area, so we can discuss a few more trips to this area...
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Enjoy the video:

Trip report will ensue..

Cheers,
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Jasper
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone!

We had a blast on this Intermediate drive led by our Marshal @Scorpio. The 3rd instalment of the Blade Runners series. I was able to join the first one only and I remember back then how sharp the blades were and caught few drivers. In this drive the blades again caught few drivers for a good photo shoot!

The plan was to practice riding the crest as much as you can before going to the other side. This was also part of the briefing and it was highlighted by @Scorpio. It should be part of your system as muscle memory when approaching, riding and going on the other side. Safety is always the priority. If you can’t make it go down and don’t risk it. Gravity is always your friend. Our skid plates were tested heavily. As you can see on the amazing video made by @Scorpio. Thanks for that man!

I was assigned second lead and in this position I have to make sure I keep a safe distance from him by not losing him and not to be on top of him if he needs to abort. I had a number of second tries due to not having enough speed and correct angle. Watching our leader tackle the track is just pure genius. I have to anticipate where he will go so I can get enough momentum and correct my approach angle. Trying to chase our leader is very tricky. There were instances he will do a side crest and you will think he will go down but to my surprise on the same dune he sticks on the wall on the other side and did the crest again going back on the other side. In this scenario without the proper speed you just have to go down and get the momentum and speed to go up and do the crest.

We have a combination of new and older intermediates and I’m sure all were in full concentration to make sure to enjoy the drive in a safe manner. The temperature is in the range of 43 degrees C and the sand density changes on every dune. Control of the car is key. Also, I’d like to mention to the fresh intermediates you did very well and to our Xterra drivers driving with AC off.

Thanks again to @Scorpio for the amazing experience and video, our Marshal @presa and @Mahmoodyasin for keeping an eye on the convoy while floating and @Rooies for sweeping and ensuring no one is left behind!

See you guys again soon! Take care!

Watch the relive track. It is amazing to watch how we went round and round around the dunes!

https://www.relive.cc/view/vYvr4A4Yrx6

Jasper
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

I had initially thought to allow only those intermediates in this drive who have at least 5 intermediate drives ORLY but then I thought to keep it open for all and adjust the level according to the registered members have a nice day .

Sweihan is an amazing area where you can have many different levels of drives. I planned to drive on the previous BR track but as it is a bit long so, I kept couple of exits in mind just in case if we run out of time :;^^: . As a lead, I had @Jasper as my 2nd lead and @Rooies as the sweeper. Thanks to @presa who joined forces to keep an eye on the convoy and @yasin to made it to the drive to support after a ‘little’ hiccup at the border thumbsup. Hard luck @optimus who could not make it to the drive due to unexpected delay in the PCR result.

We had an amazing drive and I would like to thank you all for playing safe and following the basics all time. Those who have attended this drive series previously know that in this specific series we practice to ‘live on the blades’ most of the time :yarr: and I would say that you all drove exceptionally well thumbsup . I tried to keep the level fun yet challenging for all and it was a good sight to see you all happy in the first break itself. There have been instances where I aborted consciously as the maneuver would have been higher than the convoy level but I promise that as you guys grow and gain more experience, we will take you to all those dunes peaks which you did not touch in this drive :yuush:. Drives on these dunes ‘properly’ make you safer and enable to survive bigger dunes in areas like Al Wagan, Al Qua etc! killzonesmiley

Thank you all for your lovely company; Jasper for being a safe 2nd lead, Rooies to sweep the convoy, Yasin for his great support and my friend presa for always being there.

Cheers
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Hi All,

I have always been a part of BR series since it was launched by @Scorpio in feb 2020.
When my PCR result didn’t show up until early morning Friday :TT_TT: , I decided to leave home and continue driving until I reach the police check post at E66, hoping to receive the PCR message by the time I arrive at the border.
The message didn’t arrive until I was stopped by the officer at the check post :you_re_kidding_right: . I showed him my phone, he told me that I cant cross and that my PCR is expired.
I tried to request him. He said that I can get the DPI done from the centre at Al faqa police station, just across the road.
I went there, they checked the details and told me that I cant do the DPI until the 24 hours are over from my previous test. I waited again for another 1 hour hoping that I would get the message. But all in vain.
At 7 o clock I left from the check post driving back home with a bit of satisfaction that at least I tried! Psmiley Psmiley

Thank you @Scoprio for being in touch with me all this time over the phone. You are amazing! thumbsup

Until Next time!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
Rathica
Crew
Crew

Blade Runners 3
Definitely lived up to its name.
Woke up with excitement and had a chilled drive to Sweihan. Even the border crossing was uneventful however, as I discovered later, it was not the case for some of my fellow Almosters🕺🚙⛔️.

I reached the meeting point to find quite a few Offroaders deflating so I drove a little ahead to find my Inters. Decided to deflate at the a spot and just as I was done, I spotted Scorpio so I went over to join them.

My crew was in high spirits as we gathered around. @Scorpio briefed us on the goal of the day: high dunes with high switches and like the drive name suggested - riding the blade. I was in 4th position and we were off at lightning speed riding on the first crest of the first dune. Chilling flew off into space as we plunged into high adrenaline action.

There was no cooling down. @Scorpio found every high dune and carved beautiful lines in the sand for us to follow. Some were easy to follow but others took a retry. I've driven in Sweihan many times but these dunes were high, required full focus and good momentum. We played on every dune fine tuning our skills on climbing high, sitting on the ridge, switching over and turning down. The temperature began to hit the 40s as we continued our journey and my Jeep was grateful for the breaks in between to allow for some cooling down especially when the engine was pushed to maximum revs.

We eventually reached Nagara where we got to play some more. Some of the trenches that were dig at Nagara has filled with sand and it still makes for challenging climbing. Eventually other convoys reached there Nagara so we made our way out flying through the valleys and around the fence.

Thank you to @Scorpio for creating an exciting drive for us. Thank you to @presa and @Mahmoodyasin for keeping a watchful eye in us. Thank you to my fellow Inters @Jasper @Tomvanhouten @Germain @Sorin @Ammarxterra and @Rooies for the fun and laughter ❤️❤️❤️
@David you were missed buddy so I had enough fun for you too💕

Almosters, Until we meet again on the sand...
👑 Dauntless 💃🚙
Join me drawing in the sand
👑Dauntless 🚙💨
Sorin
media
media

Hi everyone,

I left home early on Friday wanting to catch the sunrise in the desert, which I managed to see also making me the first to arrive at the meeting point. (Probably caught a fine too for crossing into AD too early before the lifting of the curfew)

The area was beautiful and quiet with a majestic sunrise happening... then 70 other cars from (probably) 3 different offorad clubs arrived and totally ruined the peace :pissed_off:

I was soon joined by @Ammarxterra and @Tomvanhouten and lastly @Rooies who had a very cool moment with a very inquisitive camel from a nearby herd.

Everyone else came and we got going post briefieng by our Marshall @Scorpio

The previous trip reports described the drive very well, not much else to add except the same feeling of great enjoyment and the fact that we have alot to learn from every drive and further polish our so called skills grin

Missed my fellow Jeepers @David and @SameRaptoRed who were always present at such fun drives in this area before the holiday season, however me and @Rathica held the flag up for us Jeepers whilst surrounded by the mean Japanese machines which came in many shapes (Fjs, Xterras & Patrol)

Thank you @Scorpio for the amazing drive and the support crew @Mahmoodyasin and @presa for your valuable help.

Below is a short video I made, illustrating the view from the back of the convoy:

I approve this message ⬆️
Mahmoodyasin
Advance
Advance

Hi All
Had been part of previous BR drives, so how could i miss this one. 6th aug a day before my travel for holiday, couldn't Keep me to stay away from it 😎.
Arrived at the border with high spirits to find that even though, having a -ve PCR wasn’t enough to enter the emirate as i had landed couple of days back from a business trip. (10 days quarantine clause came in the way ). After spending 30mins at the border and finally getting a special approval from the officer i got to get in.
This delay allowed the convoy to move with @presa left behind to help me get ready in a flash (thanks buddy).
Soon we caught the convoy.
It was a pleasant sight to watch the convoy‘s snake make its way over the crests.
Although the area is a bit tough for the new intermediates, but was a delight to see most of them were doing well to keep up. There were more than usual 2nd tries but, it was good to see that wise decisions were made to stay safe and Prefer to give another go.
I could feel that @Scorpio continuously adjusted the level to keep the convoy attached!!! Which made him
Skip few high crests, Gladly myself and @presa had the honor to flatten 😍them from behind.

It was a good adrenaline rush offered to the intermediates to keep their faces lit.
A great day and glad that i could be a part.

Sadly we couldn't complete the whole route, as multiple convoy’s presence forced @Scorpio to shift the course.

Once again i would like to thank @Scorpio for planning and executing an awesome drive 😍.@presa for an excellent support 💪🏼and all the intermediates for a wonderful company.👏🏼

Till next time
Mahmoodyasin
White Fj cruiser
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

Was looking forward to the drive, my first intermediate since my operation. I had a newbie passenger with me that recently joined Almost4x4.

When we reached the meeting point there was already a lot of other cars, so the area would be busy. I met @Jasper & @Sorin & started with the normal drills, deflate, flag up. After the drills we chatted & more inters joined us. A curious camel came over & wanted some of my coffee thumbsup . The rest of the convoy joined us, time for the briefing, @Scorpio explained what he planned, @Jasper was second lead & I was sweeper cool .

The convoy was small as some people could not make it & some got stuck at the border. @presa & @Mahmoodyasin was floating & taking care of us. We ran up the first dune & some of us did not make it, not enough speed. We regrouped & were soon back on our way playing over the dunes. I was a bit rusty from not driving in a long while but soon everything came back & I was having fun. The pace was nice & fast, criss crossing over the dunes. We crossed the catchment road & continued to play more. @Germain got stuck, but with the help of @presa he managed a good self recovery & was back in the convoy. We were running up the crest of a big dune & I kept pushing to reach the top, but eneded up cresting myself, stuck not going anywhere. @Germain gave me a light tuck with the viking rope & I was back playing.

The going was good most of the times, but somewhere I "lost" the track & lost the convoy, but not long & I was back with the rest. There was other convoys in the area, the tracks were messed up & one had to keep an eye out for them. We got to Nahgrah & played for while but the dune was pretty messed making it difficult to climb all the way.

@Scorpio called us all together again & we started heading out. The drive was very nice, just a few stucks (me included lll._. ). We reached the end of the drive & it was time to head home again.

Thank you @Scorpio for organising the drive, @presa & @Mahmoodyasin for keeping an eye on us. Thanks also to the rest of the inters for a nice drive.

Till we meet in the sand again, stay safe.
Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind