Chasing the Ryno

Rathica
Crew
Crew

Chasing the Ryno
A gorgeous start to the morning - a cool 35*C start to the morning. Overcast skies, cool breeze...and excited drivers.

The sand was hard due to some rainfall so we were advised to keep our tyres at a slightly higher PSI. The summer did a great job of drinking up the moisture in the sand as it got slippery really quickly so I deflated my tyres a little more. Traction returned and the fun continued.

This area held up to its reputation of being a Jinx. Didn't take long before we had our first victim whose car went into limp mode. After some investigation, we found a sand filled filter which was promptly cleaned and we were ready to go.

Shortly after, the area claimed it's second victim by breaking a CV joint so we had to bid our loving and watchful angel farewell.

We weren't worried though as we still had many other watchful eyes on us to keep us safe so the show went on.

@Rashid expertly led us through amazing lines up huge dunes, with sharp ridges which he and @Rapello in second lead, swiftly broke for us so we could follow. High speed seesaw climbs and drops were the order of the morning. We completed one chain and straight crested on to the next where we found even more beautiful high dunes.

There was not a ridge or dune left unconquered. @Rashidjass found them all and suddenly it was over😳

@Rashidjass had created such an exhilarating drive that over 3 hours later we were so full of energy, we were ready to drive all the way back to the starting point 🤣

Thank you to the lead, the second lead, the sweeper and the floaters @Singh, @Scorpio, @AlShamzi_m, @Mahmoodyasin, @Nabil, and @Giorgio by taking us on such a fantastic morning drive and keeping us safe.

Thank you to my fellow Inters @MPodroid, @Defragmantor, and @Jasper, for the great company ❤️
Until we meet again💃👑🚙 @Dauntless
Join me drawing in the sand
👑Dauntless 🚙💨
Jasper
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone!

This drive started very early as it is in Sweihan and I need 1.5 hours to reach there plus the border check. On the way I saw @Rathica on the road and @rapailo. This is the first time for me to start in this side of Sweihan so it adds to the excitement. This convoy was VIP since we are only 4 Intermediate drivers and we have a big group of support team.

The weather was very nice as it rained the previous night. It was advised to keep the tire pressure a little big higher than normal as the sand is quite hard. But during the drive we need to deflate more to be able to do the climbs as it was getting hotter.

Our lead Marshall @Rashidjass started conquering the first big dune where he had some unfinished business. Psmiley We kept riding the sharp crests but soon we need to do some maintenance work to clear some sand in the airbox of 1 car as he was not having any power. Quick clean and fix and check and we were off again. Few minutes again we had another technical issue on another car and we need to say bye to him. From then on we had a blast riding the crests side cresting from all sides. There were multiple second tries as the line our leading was taking was not an easy one. This gave us a lot of fun trying from different angles. We ended the drive near Al Ain airport with all smiles. thumbsup

Thank you very much @Rashidjass for this awesome drive and to our supporting team @alshamsi_m, @Scorpio, @giorgio, @SINGH, @rapailo, @Mahmoodyasin, @nabil_k and @optimus for keeping us safe.

First time recording on Relive. Nice to see how we drove over and over again the same dunes cool

https://www.relive.cc/view/veqzBZ5wJ7q

Take care and be safe!
Jasper
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Good Day!

Drive : Chase the Ryno
Organizer : @Rashidjass
Area : Sweihan

The drive was supposedly for Intermediates only but thanks a lot to @Rashidjass , organizer & our Master Marshal he opened few slots even for the advance.

I met him at the petrol station after the outlet mall and together we went until we stopped at our favorite breakfast joint, soon we were joined by @Scorpio & @Mahmoodyasin .

Since it was a long day ahead, the bodies would be demanding so I loaded myself with lots of protein and carbohydrates and stocked my car cooler with enough supply of drinking water. have a nice day

Once we arrived at the meeting point, some of the early birds had already gathered up. Sky was cloudy, the weather was awesome. :in_love:

We prepped our cars. Leader called for the attendance. Briefing was very simple – who wants to be my second lead, rest all line up wtfsmilie . Advance will float. grin

Off we went. On the very first side crest the radio was abuzz with drivers calling Second tries. 2nd side crest a jeep started to lose power. melt

After few more km’s we had an issue with one more car, unfortunately it could not continue so we had to say our good byes.

I wish the rig recovers soon so we could see that back in the natural habitat. Doing what it does the best!

Thereafter, the leader went full throttle climbing, cresting and climbing those sweihan dunes. It was pure bliss, unlimited fun & adrenaline shots. thumbsup in love wtfsmilie

The marshal’s know the driving style of each one of its convoy members. :ninja:
Even in intermediate level the leader drives according to the level of his convoy members. They would never jeopardize the safety.

Marshal’s would try to throw few challenges and accordingly the level gets gradually increased or decreased.

This is what I felt in this drive even though the leader left no crest untouched but some of the maneuvers were aborted, I believe keeping in mind the convoy level & its safety.

The drive ended behind al ain airport. All member cars came out scratchless! thumbsup thumbsup

I extend by gratitude to the Organizer & lead Marshal @Rashidjass for this Signature style drive & a big thank you also to:

@alshamsi_m
@Scorpio
@SINGH
@giorgio
@rapailo Rapailo & my fellow Advance
@Mahmoodyasin
@Nabil
& last but not the least, I would like to thank me for being a part of this drive! cool grin grin

I wish my 2nd family Eid Mubarak in advance & Happy Holidays!!!!!!!

Until next time!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Enjoy the video:

Cheers
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Mahmoodyasin
Advance
Advance

Hi All
Although this drive was dedicated for intermediates only, but thanks to @Rashidjass for letting the advance join the fun.
It was an early morning drive, so i met @Scorpio @Rashidjass and @optimus on the road, grabbed a bite and off we went. Upon reaching the meeting point we saw the party had already begun, bunch chilling out on the sand, enjoying the beautiful overcast weather with a drop in mercury.....An exhilarating sight.
After everyone got ready, a short brief by the leader and @rapailo took the second lead spot. "guess it was right decision by the INT" not to accept the offer.
All intermediates lined up behind the 2nd lead and advance were tailing them. Guess what, right after the first crest INT went for second tries and the advance overtook them. Next order was... The Advance should stay behind the convoy thumbsup .
5 mins into the drive and We had to pull over, to fix a jeep problem, @Rashidjass 's magical hands did the job.
The convoy started again with the flow of multiple side crests and arches; level was pumped up a bit to challenge the drivers, who had to commit to more than usual attempts just to make it on the lines drawn by Rhino. Eventually the trick was learned and most of them got over the mark.
As our marshal @Scorpio said " you can rush and do the crest by quickly moving to the other side, job is done! however the idea is to learn the right way so, to enjoy every time its done". that is why sometimes it is wise to make multiple attempts just to master the act.
20mins into the drive, losing a rig with a technical issue was sad (hope she recovers soon).
Moving to 2nd chain was even more challenging yet exciting. This is, where the most fun was!!! long crests, wide circles in the bowl and huge drops. There were few climbs which were quite challenging, that tested the individuals with multiple tries and use of different gear combinations. melt
when finally the adrenaline was at FULL, we had already reached the end point. would have loved to spend an hour more. in love
I would like to appreciate and thank @Rashidjass for organizing the trip, @Scorpio @alshamsi_m @giorgio for watching our backs and @rapailo for doing a good job behind the lead car.
Good show by intermediates and a lovely company with @optimus and @Nabil
Thanks veryone.

till next time
Mahmoodyasin
White Fj cruiser
mpodroid
media
media

Great intermediate drive in Sweihan: 4 intermediate in the main convoy, 6 marshal, 4 advanced. "Did I miss something?". As usual, I felt as the the kid between big boys.

Forecast were not good and sky was cloudy, which created a rare and unique landscape.

We started and after a few minutes, I had a problem with my car: no power. Experienced drivers immediately identified the problem: I had a lot of sand in the air filter box and @Rashidjass cleaned it up using the air compressor.

Just in case and to be sure @rapailo offered to check also the air sensor, which could be dirty: he tried a bit but in the end he has not been able to remove it and said something like "I do not feel good in trying to remove the sensor on a car which is not mine".

I replied: "me too, I do not feel confident looking at you trying to remove the air sensor in a car which is not your" :-)

One car had an issue hitting a ditch, I am afraid and had to leave the drive.

Above all, a great drive, very smooth pace. We had some second tries on some high dunes: myself and other were could not cross one and had to drive around. Next time.

Thanks to the organiser, the marshal and the support team.

Marco

Enjoy the video: soundtrack is a tribute to the great Giorgio Moroder.

If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.
Rune's Rule
Murphy's Law
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

After a long break from the sand i was itching for some dunes and signed up for the drive(didnt see where it was when i signed up )
Night before the drive realized its in al ain meaning had to do covid testing
luckily with the testing centre on the way i got tested and made it to the meeting point on time .
The Weather was a cool 33degrees when we started and was pleasant for a nice bbq however @rashidjass had other plans in mind. From the moment we crossed the first dune i knew this was gonna be an adrenaline fueled drive !
Felt like a proper rollercoaster cresting from one dune to the other.
We did incur a few hiccups along the way but all peeps made it out safe and sound !
Day well spent with the Almost Fam
Left me longing for more once we were out have a nice day in love