All Stars - Special Edition II

Barish
Marshal
Marshal

Hi everybody,

It was supposed to be a Stars Track series for our 10- members however we extended the drive to our 10+ members and made it a bigger event via All Stars series but with a special edition especially for our 10- drivers.

We started fast with short arches, some straight crests and then longer arches. We played enough in first section and all drivers did very well. We stopped to remind not to fight with gravity and happy to see that all drivers were extremely careful after that in even longer arches.

We drive some times on 5+ level and sometimes 5- level. It was a good training session challenging the level of our 10- drivers. Therefore, pace was low but the gain was big.

They all chged but by improving.

See you next time.

Barish
AdamW

Hello Almosters,

Another great summer day on the sand.

I arrived to the meeting point on time, where I've found almost full team already there deflating.
I was assigned to 10+ convoy lead by @alshamsi_m and supported by @Rooies , @Rashidjass , @mpodroid and @Arminjune
After short briefing the fun began.
The first part of the track was really fast with all possible obstacles. I've got stuck quite fast on a very small dune due to the lack of momentum (thanks @Rashidjass for pulling me out).
After few second tries, I decided that I need more power in the car, so I switched off my AC, opened the windows and enjoyed summer brize with a load of sand melt
Profits: more power and car did not overheated (Pajero thing) thumbsup
The rest of the track went smooth for me which was finished by watching the sunset with awesome karak tea in the hand and chit chatting with other Almosters.

Again big Thank you to @Barish and @alshamsi_m organizing the drive, and full support team for heaving an eye on us.

See you on the sand

Adam
rapailo
Marshal
Marshal

Hi all,

I believe it is better to write here what I believe could and has to be improved.

First of all I believe that all members did well and I was actually surprised that some of newbies did not have any problems.

1. Concentrate on radio communication. It is extremely important as it gives you information that your eyes do not see. Especially if you are stuck, there is no need to act quickly. Just take your time and listen.

2. Keep the distance especially if the driver in front of you has different driving style or different capability car.

3. Make sure you always have all required tool of recommended quality. It saves you each time.

4. DO NOT FIGHT GRAVITY. If your car does not want to go in direction you are pushing it than follow the gravity. This is newbie level and not competition.

At the end I would like to say that all of newbies did well.

Thanks @Barish and @alshamsi_m for organising the drive and for @Jasper and @Sorin for great support.
Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want
NahorJP
Intermediate
Intermediate

Trip Report - All Star Special Edition II
Trip Organizer - Marshal @Barish , Founder @alshamsi_m

Good Day Almosters :)
cool

Friday afternoon drive with lot of enthusiastic Almosters at the meeting point. Quick hi hello to everyone and ready to start the drive waiting for the convoy instructions. group was split in two and i was in 2nd convoy lead by @alshamsi_m and we just had a awesome time and learning. This was my first drive that fast i ever had and it was truly remarkable (i know there are many more such drives to come in future but this one Aaaaaaaaaamazing!!). TT TT
i was following @jeepers76 , and he was speeding behind @ImranFJ to keep up the pace. @jeepers76 did well and i was chasing his blue FJ to maintain enough distance, just few second tries among us and our guardian angel @Rashidjass @arminion @mpodroid were there to resolve everything which was needed. dark mood

Area was bit tricky with few technical dunes, arches, lotttt of side cresting. On one of the side crest almost at the end of the drive caused popout for my car and finally everyone got a chance to breath after a burning drive. This Pop-out popped out many difficulties while fixing the pop-out. Founder @alshamsi_m Marshal @Rashidjass @mpodroid was engaged completely to fix this with the help of other Almosters. redbullsmiley Lastly we had to change the spare tire and continue the drive because the issue was with the damaged rim which couldn't be fixed. Thanks everyone for your efforts and supporting each one of us.

We ended our drive and gathered to have karak + Arabic coffee by @alshamsi_m and some food shared by everyone. Thanks again everyone thumbsup

Take away from this drive : Have enough traction and feel it while driving, Speed is important but know to control it specially while switching and cresting on the bumpy crest. During day time and direct sun all the dunes looks similar until you experience it.

Time to leave : myself, @Stephan , @ImranFJ navigated till the road but not to forget about the second pop out after reaching the road. luckily it wasn't major and @Stephan and his passenger helped me to fix it quickly without my broken jack.

Another lessons learned : Don't put the radio off till you reach outside or feel completely safe.

Usual Suspects : @brett @Laarni @jeepers76 @ImranFJ @AdamW @Stephan @mpodroid @Rashidjass @rapailo @Sorin @Rooies

@dorudoru @James missed you guys.
Thanks
Roan (Night Fury)

See you on Sands!! Sooner the Better!!
mpodroid
media
media

I reach the meeting point early and I have been luck enough to view some gazelles: my daughter was with me and was amazed.

I was in the 10+ convoy, flow was smooth except for a pop-out which required a lot of time to be fixed, before realising that the rim was damaged and the wheel has to be replaced.

Thanks to everybody for the fun drive.

Enjoy my video report :-)

If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.
Rune's Rule
Murphy's Law
Martin

I was very happy to return to Almost 4x4 after a long break caused by disruptions in 2020. I'm very much looking forward to continuing my journey with Almost 4x4.

I arrived early to have plenty of time to air down and get prepared, while still being able to catch up with other almosters.

After the briefing, I joined the 10- group with the trusty leadership of @Barish . Everyone did very well with not many second tries or stuck situations, just a pop-out with the second lead. The support managed to fix this quickly, despite the high temps and u learned a lot about how to fix a pop-out.

One of the cars in the group took on a little damage reminding us that we should be careful to watch our bumpers at the bottom of straight crests and to make sure the car is prepped properly for the desert.

I felt I drove well but need to learn to not fight gravity on occasion, even if I'm sure I can make a challenge. These kinds of learning are why I drive with Almost 4x4, my main goal is to learn how to drive safely in the sand.

As the sun started to come down we headed to our final meeting point where both convoys got together to drink coffee and share stories of the afternoon's adventure. Unfortunately, I could not stay as long as I would have liked but it's great to be involved in such a social group.
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was my first drive with the club after surgery & I was really looking forward to it.
Just getting to the meeting point was already fun with a nice tricky sandy area. @AndreAJ was behind me heading to the meeting point, the FJ infront of me got a bit stuck which meant we all had to stop, @AndreAJ was stuck but did a very good self recovery. We left out of the road driving like we stole it thumbsup to keep going.

We arrived at the meeting point & there was already a few cars there. Was nice to see all the familiar faces again. It was hot & windy, we did the usual drills & waited for the briefing.
@Barish did the briefing & devided the 2 convoys, I was in the 10+ convoy led by @alshamsi_m , I was placed at the back as sweeper, @mpodroid , @Rashidjass was there for support.

The going was good with just a few stucks & second tries here & there. It was nice playing in the sand again. There was a pop out at one stage & eventually they had to change the wheel when they realized the rim was damaged, I could just stand & watch as the shoulder was not playing along :omg: @alshamsi_m was in the sand fixing the pop out with help of the other members. Eventually the spare was one & we ready to play again.

The pace was nice & fast, at one stage @brett infront of me had a little bit to much speed, but handled it nicely & recovered well. Later the last 3 cars, including me fell far behind, I took the lead to get back to the convoy. I got a bit carried away & made i little jump pacman , but all was good. We caught up with the convoy & drove to the sitting area.

It was a nice drive overall with not to many interruptions, was nice being back in the sand. We got to sitting area, @alshamsi_m brought out his 2 famous thermos, the tea went down very nicely. The other convoy joined after a bit. I stayed for a while, then headed back home.

Thank you to @Barish for organizing the drive, @alshamsi_m for leading our convoy & the rest of the rescue, marshalls & advance drivers.

Till we meet in the sand again, take care & stay safe.
Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was my first drive with the club after surgery & I was really looking forward to it.
Just getting to the meeting point was already fun with a nice tricky sandy area. @AndreAJ was behind me heading to the meeting point, the FJ infront of me got a bit stuck which meant we all had to stop, @AndreAJ was stuck but did a very good self recovery. We left out of the road driving like we stole it thumbsup to keep going.

We arrived at the meeting point & there was already a few cars there. Was nice to see all the familiar faces again. It was hot & windy, we did the usual drills & waited for the briefing.
@Barish did the briefing & devided the 2 convoys, I was in the 10+ convoy led by @alshamsi_m , I was placed at the back as sweeper, @mpodroid , @Rashidjass was there for support.

The going was good with just a few stucks & second tries here & there. It was nice playing in the sand again. There was a pop out at one stage & eventually they had to change the wheel when they realized the rim was damaged, I could just stand & watch as the shoulder was not playing along :omg: @alshamsi_m was in the sand fixing the pop out with help of the other members. Eventually the spare was one & we ready to play again.

The pace was nice & fast, at one stage @brett infront of me had a little bit to much speed, but handled it nicely & recovered well. Later the last 3 cars, including me fell far behind, I took the lead to get back to the convoy. I got a bit carried away & made i little jump pacman , but all was good. We caught up with the convoy & drove to the sitting area.

It was a nice drive overall with not to many interruptions, was nice being back in the sand. We got to sitting area, @alshamsi_m brought out his 2 famous thermos, the tea went down very nicely. The other convoy joined after a bit. I stayed for a while, then headed back home.

Thank you to @Barish for organizing the drive, @alshamsi_m for leading our convoy & the rest of the rescue, marshalls & advance drivers.

Till we meet in the sand again, take care & stay safe.
Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind