Enter The Inferno 2021

KIMOz
Crew
Crew

Hi All,

Around 2 years back I drove that area during the afternoon. On that day After the morning drive @Booy and I flew to the afternoon meeting point (which had the same meeting point as Enter the Inferno drive) and we had a powernap inside our cars over high crest. So as soon as I arrived at the meeting point, I got a flashback of that day.

After deflating, I met the team with great smiles on their faces. It was great to meet the newly promoted intermediate drivers on their first drive.

The drivers were divided into 2 convoys, one was led by @Scorpio and one by @alshamsi_m in which I was part of it. @alshamsi_m was our leader, @Jasper was the second lead, @Mahmoodyasin was floating and I was the sweeper. The drive was full of energy, we drove through Albadayer's big dunes. In general, we didn’t have major recoveries/situations, only we had one crested car and some second tries. The drawback of that area is the bumpy sand that is full of tracks. In addition, a lot of convoys driving around us.

We finished the drive on time at the restaurants side and inflated accordingly.

Great thanks to @alshamsi_m , @Scorpio , All support team.

See you soon in sand.

Kimoz
thumbsup
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Drive : Enter the Inferno
Organizer : @Scorpio
Support : @giorgio & Myself
Rigs : FJ’s, an Exterra & a Jeep.

My congratulations to the drivers upgraded to the intermediate level.
Scorpio served the members with a nice starter of side crest ORLY which gave them an idea of how the main course is going to be. OSMILEY

I was supporting the drive as a second lead until half time & I was then told to float while the leader gradually decreased the level.

This is one of the areas where one can practice different types of maneuvers : climbing the super bowl, arches, straight and side cresting, switching sides between the side cresting etc.

until next time!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
Rathica
Crew
Crew

Enter the Inferno:
I arrived at the meeting point excited to drive with the new intermediates, recalling all the excitement and nervousness that I felt on my first intermediate drive. That being said, every drive is exhilarating.
Almosters were in good spirits. We deflated and met for the briefing. Here, we found out that we will be divided into 2 convoys: Fresh Inters led by Scorpio and Older Inters led by Shamzi with Jasper in second lead and Mahmoodyasin as sweeper support. Shamzi cautioned us on how to be safe when tackling the high arched that we were supposed to practice on this drive – safety distance is key. And then we were off…

What can I say? Shamzi was on fire from start to end. There was not a high arch that was left vacant. We tackled them on. Momentum, speed and technique was the order of the day. Shamzi provided us with all the experience from Sony to Superbowl and around. We even did the triple pass to cross over to Superbowl.
All drivers were focused. There was no chit-chat while driving… complete radio silence except for the odd: “Ditch” and “Abort!!!” when other convoys chose to cross our paths. We were all in the Zone and it was magic!!! Breaks felt like 5 minutes where tyres were checked for PSIs and the heat definitely contributed to raising the PSI. I’m curious to know what our complete distance travelled was from Sony to Badayer shops. We never slowed down or eased off the pedal. It was full steam ahead right to the tyre inflation point at Badayer Shops.

Thank you AlShamzi for the superb lead and Jasper for the fantastic secnd lead and Mahmood for the sweep. You ensured no-one was left behind. Thank you Kimoz, Sorin, Samer and MPodroid for the excellent company.
Join me drawing in the sand
👑Dauntless 🚙💨
Mahmoodyasin
Advance
Advance

@Scorpio drives are always The special ones. As there is a lot of work done in planning and ensuring safety is held as top priority. While He took the new intermidiates behind him having a company of @optimus and @giorgio , @Shamsi had A plan of his own, a surprise for the senior intermidiates. He kept @Jasper as 2nd lead and @KIMOz as the sweeper while the rest squeezed inside the convoy. Instructions were simple “try to catch up”.
1st dune approached in a one by one format and after that the fun Had began. A non stop 30mins of high dune sidecrests, arches and climbs from different directions. Being a floater i could see intermidiates tryIng their best to catch up but could clearly see that there were gaps building up between few cars. For that i had to call out do reduce gap and Even to an extent request @Shamsi to hold the convoy for some second tries.
Indeed A full concentration was required as The drive was seriously fast, having no room to relax. There were few areas where @Shamsi did a long climb with double crest that really made my day. At that instant i could feel the advance level for a second.
It had been a while to see @Shamsi in mood to give the convoy a wet seat. Surely he was on 🔥 and it was quite evident as there were quite a number of second tries at the back. But it was pleasing to see the drivers taking the challenge and not giving up on any climb (well done everyone).
After touching all the major dunes, we ended the drive at bedayer shops where We had a nice chat with the other members. There were happy faces and some shocked ones too !!! 😅
Once again congratulations to the new intermidiates for their first drive and to the senior ones for doing well.
Thanks @Shamsi @Scorpio @giorgio @optimus for a great day.

Till next time
Mahmoodyasin
White Fj cruiser
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Enjoy the video:

Cheers
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!