Desert Stars II - Club Member Drive

Barish
Marshal
Marshal

Dear Members,

This drive on 3 Sep 2021 is dedicated to our Club Members who are willing to make his/her first step to driving in the desert.

The trip involves a comprehensive training about driving in the desert, tools used in offroading and complimented with a drive to practice this learning.

If you'd like to go further by qualifying for Newbie level drives, you need to complete your tools and ask one of our marshals to check it after the drive.

The crew, intermediate and advanced drivers are
welcome for rescue training & support.

For more information about our club, member grading system and required tools, please check the links below.

About Almost4x4 : Click below to learn more about our club https://almost4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=118

Members' Grading System : Click below to read about our grading system https://almost4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=126

Newbie Tools / Recovery Equipment : Click below to see the full list of tools required to get your first star https://almost4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3901

To register for the drive, goto: https://almost4x4.com/trip_system/trip2.php?id=1055

*** Almost4x4 trip rules apply. ***

*** UAE Covid pre-cautionary rules and regulations apply at all times. ***

See you on the sand.

Barish
derrik316

Hey @Barish
I have registered for my 1st drive.
See you and the rest of the team there.

Thank you.
Derrik
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

derrik316 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:31 pm Hey @Barish

Thank you.

Looking forward to see you Derrik thumbsup
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

derrik316 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:31 pm Hey @Barish

Thank you.
See you @derrik316 .

Barish
chriswing

Hi @Barish , my girlfriend would like to do the CM drive as well but we have one car. Could we both register for the drive and use one car only, we can swap drivers in between. I have some experience driving in the desert already while she has some but hasn't been for quite some time. Let me know, thanks. Would be good if we can do that otherwise one of us will have to wait for another CM drive which are usually months appart. Thanks!
presa
Marshal
Marshal

chriswing wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:41 am Hi @Barish , my girlfriend would like to do the CM drive as well but we have one car. Could we both register for the drive and use one car only, we can swap drivers in between. I have some experience driving in the desert already while she has some but hasn't been for quite some time. Let me know, thanks. Would be good if we can do that otherwise one of us will have to wait for another CM drive which are usually months appart. Thanks!
Hi Cris, welcome to Almost4x4.
We require that each member do a complete Club Member drive, to qualify for becoming a newbie, so you cant share the car on the same drive with her.

I would sugest you that either one do the drive, qualify, and then on next CM, in 8-12 weeks, the other join as CM too.

Hope to see you soon
muhammadzahid
Club Member
Club Member

This is my first trip. How the meeting location will be communicated.
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

muhammadzahid wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:57 pm This is my first trip. How the meeting location will be communicated.
Hello Muhammadzahid you will get all the details a day before the drive day by PM.

Cheers and see you soon.
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
korym

Hi Guys

Greetings, it seems that unfortunately i will not be able to join that Drive, i know sound may be silly but is there is any plan for another CM trip soon after that.
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

mmkorym wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:34 pm Hi Guys

Greetings, it seems that unfortunately i will not be able to join that Drive, i know sound may be silly but is there is any plan for another CM trip soon after that.
Hi @mmkorym ,

All CM drives are organised roughly 6 to 8 weeks apart.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills