Lead my way

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members,

This drive is dedicated to our Club Members who are willing to make his/her first step to driving in the desert.
The trip involves a comprehensive training about driving in the desert, tools used in offroading and complimented with a drive to practice this learning.
If you'd like to go further by qualifying for Newbie level drives, you need to complete your tools and ask one of our marshals to check it after the drive.
Intermediate and advanced drivers are welcome for rescue training.
For more information about our club, member grading system and required tools, please check the links below.
About Almost4x4 : Click below to learn more about our club 
Click Here
Members' Grading System : Click below to read about our grading system
Click Here
Newbie Tools / Recovery Equipment : Click below to see the full list of tools required to get your first star
Click Here

To discuss about the trip, please go to below link;
Click Here

*** Almost4x4 trip rules apply!***
1. Up to 2 passengers are allowed with the driver.
2. Do not gather in groups.
3. Always wear face masks.
4. Avoid shaking hands, hugging.
5. Wash hands often and use hand sanitizers.
6. Do not attend the drive if you are not feeling well and/or have cough, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath or any other symptoms.
7. Please observe 2m of social distancing.
8. Food and drinks sharing not allowed.
9. If you need to be rescued, please use your own recovery tools and equipment.
10. Do not crowd around the vehicle which is being rescued.
11. After rescue is done, wash your hands with soap & water for 20sec or use hand sanitizer. These guidelines are created in line with UAE rules and regulations and are subject to change according to government instructions. Any government guideline/order will have an overriding effect on any/all of the points mentioned above. Wishing you safe drives and a healthy life.

See you in Sand....
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
mubeen
Club Member
Club Member

Good Morning
Finally the post is here!! I've been waiting for this 😁
How do I register to this trip as Mobile app says registration has not yet started.

Also please confirm that I do not require the rescue kit in the trip.

Please guide.

Thanks.....
Naaz
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

mubeen wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 am Good Morning
Finally the post is here!! I've been waiting for this 😁
How do I register to this trip as Mobile app says registration has not yet started.

Also please confirm that I do not require the rescue kit in the trip.

Please guide.

Thanks.....
Naaz
Hey mubeen,

The registration for this drive will open at 6pm today (16th Sep), that is why you are unable to register for now.

And yes you dont require any particular equipment to join this trip. The only requirement is that you car has a 4WD option. Although i will suggest that if possible you get a radio as that helps a lot in communication while driving, but then again it's just a suggestion.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Kzone
Club Member
Club Member

Hi, have just signed up as a member as well as for this event. Just to be sure, is this the correct event to join as a first event for a new member?

I am very new to off road driving, only joined afew drives with a causal group for the past month or so. So yeah, this won’t be my virgin drive but still very inexperienced on desert driving. I have most of the basic tools like compressor, walkie talkie, ropes/shackles, deflator etc

There’s lots of information available in this forum but couldn’t get around figuring out the following :

How often does ALMOST4X4 have drives?
Can we sign up for drives in advance as a new member leading up to Intermediate?
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Kzone wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:42 pm Hi, have just signed up as a member as well as for this event. Just to be sure, is this the correct event to join as a first event for a new member?

I am very new to off road driving, only joined afew drives with a causal group for the past month or so. So yeah, this won’t be my virgin drive but still very inexperienced on desert driving. I have most of the basic tools like compressor, walkie talkie, ropes/shackles, deflator etc

There’s lots of information available in this forum but couldn’t get around figuring out the following :

How often does ALMOST4X4 have drives?
Can we sign up for drives in advance as a new member leading up to Intermediate?
Hello Kzone

Welcome to your second family, very good questions regarding our grading procedures please have a look at the following :

1. Members' Grading System
2. Grading System Details
3. Members Upgrade procedure

To answer about the drives, Almost4x4 Off-Road Club been driving 52 weeks annually for the last 14 years in average of 2 to 4 drives a week. WE only stopped in the lockdown !!! :;^^:

I hope that everyone read the above to understand how we play our game !!!

Cheers :yaeh_am_not_durnk:
Kzone
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks Alshamsi... have read the links.
Can see the 9 Oct drive in the App now. Guess need to wait for registration to open to sign up...
Looking forward to see you in the sands...
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Kzone wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:43 am Thanks Alshamsi... have read the links.
Can see the 9 Oct drive in the App now. Guess need to wait for registration to open to sign up...
Welcome Kzone!

After you do the Club Member drive, you must check if all equipment are complaint with Almost4x4 requirements. If so, you will be upgraded on the system to newbie (a one star rank), that allows you to join newbie drives (when trip is open to register).

If you want to be upgraded right after the CM drive, get all your tools ready for the day of the drive and a Marshal will check it after the drive.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Kzone wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:43 am Thanks Alshamsi... have read the links.
Kzone
Club Member
Club Member

presa wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:36 am
Welcome Kzone!

After you do the Club Member drive, you must check if all equipment are complaint with Almost4x4 requirements. If so, you will be upgraded on the system to newbie (a one star rank), that allows you to join newbie drives (when trip is open to register).

If you want to be upgraded right after the CM drive, get all your tools ready for the day of the drive and a Marshal will check it after the drive.
Thanks! I couldn't reply to the thread below on the newbie tools, is it locked? Need help on the following, do you have any pics or links to some samples? :

- Rated Hook
- Base plate for jacking vehicle
- Mechanical tools

https://almost4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3901
(not sure if it's my browse but I cant see any pics in the opening post)

Sorry for the noob questions guys.. thanks so much!!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Kzone wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:07 pm
Thanks! I couldn't reply to the thread below on the newbie tools, is it locked? Need help on the following, do you have any pics or links to some samples? :

- Rated Hook
- Base plate for jacking vehicle
- Mechanical tools

https://almost4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3901
(not sure if it's my browse but I cant see any pics in the opening post)

Please have a look at the link below

https://almost4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 318#p54318