Salalah Trip 2018

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

maazjass wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:21 pm I m coming to Salalah this time yuush yuush

Looking forward to see in action:
1. Swimming
2. Hicking
3. Surviving the mosquito

patapon
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

alshamsi_m wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:59 am
maazjass wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:21 pm I m coming to Salalah this time yuush yuush

Looking forward to see in action:
1. Swimming
2. Hicking
3. Surviving the mosquito

patapon
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

Dear Salalah Group ,

this is a wake up call .. please sort out the following for you & your passengers ASAP if you havn't yet:

1. Passport renewal
2. Residence Visa Renewal.
3. Car Registration.
4. Oman Visa
5. Car Check up - oil, fluids, tires .. etc
6. Doctor Appointment - if you are on a regular medication please make sure you have enough to cover your trip.
7. Annual Leave approval grin

Counting the days ..
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

okk .. Salalah experienced visitors ... we need you advice and input here ...

what is the best shoes for Salalah ? :lol:

honestly, last year i had my timberland boots but i was shocked that it was very slippery on the wet grass and rocks ... i struggled when we went hiking near the water stream because it kept sliding on the wet rocks. last year we saw a smart man wearing crocks slow and we all were skeptical about it but then we all wished that we had our crocks with us...

so this rings the bill ... you might need more than one pair of shoes for Salalah trip ;)
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi guys,

I just spoke to my bank regarding the NOC letter. They told me I have to pay back the loan (which I can’t) otherwise they will not issue the NOC.
Anyone with similar problems?
The bank said it is not possible to enter Oman with a financed car, what is your experience?
Can’t imagine that this is true
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

Mohanad wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:17 am okk .. Salalah experienced visitors ... we need you advice and input here ...

honestly, last year i had my timberland boots but i was shocked that it was very slippery on the wet grass and rocks ... i struggled when we went hiking near the water stream because it kept sliding on the wet rocks. last year we saw a smart man wearing crocks slow and we all were skeptical about it but then we all wished that we had our crocks with us...

so this rings the bill ... you might need more than one pair of shoes for Salalah trip ;)
for wet rocks and wet grass, something with a "dimpled" sole is much better than a rugged aggressive gripped shoe, and actually running shoes/trainers designed for trails are much better than walking boots on this terrain as the soles are a lot softer. (lots of smaller grips/treads rather than big chunky ones). Saying that, it depends on the type of rock etc etc, sometimes a wet rock is just dam slippy! Generally walking poles would help much more!

PS... i have no experience of Salalah, but did a lot of walking in Scotland!
pps... Timberlands are for people from the city that want to look like they live out in the country!
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

Johanna wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:21 pm Hi guys,

I just spoke to my bank regarding the NOC letter. They told me I have to pay back the loan (which I can’t) otherwise they will not issue the NOC.
Anyone with similar problems?
The bank said it is not possible to enter Oman with a financed car, what is your experience?
Can’t imagine that this is true
i know many people who traveled to Oman in a mortgaged cars ! at least till last year ! 90% of the cars here in UAE are mortgaged, i dont think there will be any change in the rules.
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

JockJKU wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:52 pm
Mohanad wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:17 am okk .. Salalah experienced visitors ... we need you advice and input here ...

for wet rocks and wet grass, something with a "dimpled" sole is much better than a rugged aggressive gripped shoe, and actually running shoes/trainers designed for trails are much better than walking boots on this terrain as the soles are a lot softer. (lots of smaller grips/treads rather than big chunky ones). Saying that, it depends on the type of rock etc etc, sometimes a wet rock is just dam slippy! Generally walking poles would help much more!

PS... i have no experience of Salalah, but did a lot of walking in Scotland!
pps... Timberlands are for people from the city that want to look like they live out in the country!
thank you .. well i'm a city boy .. dont know much about the country side brigade.baka-wolf.com
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Tawi Attir in love
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

alshamsi_m wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:59 pm

Tawi Attir in love
That looks like a hole in the wall cool