Need Some Advise

Riadh

Toyota Prado, Fortuner V6, FJ
Nissan Pathfinder, Xterra
Jeep Sahara, wrangler, Cherokee
Mitsubishi Pajero, Nativa (Nativa is a bit fragile sheep interior but good price and off road ability).
You can also go for PATROL, LAND CRUISER, ARMADA but they are expensive and parts also are expensive (with all the sensors the bumper will coast you a fortune to replace it).

For More info, specs and road test you can check this website http://www.drivearabia.com/

My advise is go for something not expensive and not complicated and dont look to the options and features they really useless and expansive to replace when they are broken.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Rumi;7172]Thanks... One small question ... Chevrolete is promoting Z71 version of Tahoe as offroad version. The front bumper is sligtly raised and different with skid plate in this version. It also has stronger air cleaner and suspension. This is why I was considering it over its more luxurious version LTZ. Do you think this would be of any help?[/quote]
My friend, the experienced off-roader since last 8 years, owning some Patrols, Wranglers and Landcruiser got recently Z71. I saw the car today and his front bumper tight together with tie-rods... from the first trip to Al Badayer...
So think twice before you do...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Riadh;7174]Toyota Prado, Fortuner V6, FJ
Nissan Pathfinder, Xterra
Jeep Sahara, wrangler, Cherokee
Mitsubishi Pajero, Nativa (Nativa is a bit fragile sheep interior but good price and off road ability).
You can also go for PATROL, LAND CRUISER, ARMADA but they are expensive and parts also are expensive (with all the sensors the bumper will coast you a fortune to replace it).

For More info, specs and road test you can check this website http://www.drivearabia.com/

My advise is go for something not expensive and not complicated and dont look to the options and features they really useless and expansive to replace when they are broken.[/quote]
Toyota Prado, Fortuner V6 (only 4.0), FJ
Nissan Pathfinder (only model from 2001-2005), Xterra
Jeep Sahara, wrangler, Cherokee (only old models)
Rumi
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks all once again. Based on your suggestions I visited Nissan and Toyota today and am quite impressed by the Nissan Patrol 2012 model. This is looking like the car I would go for. Need a little more advise ...
There are two major trim levels - SE and LE. Both with 5.6 ltr v8 engine, but SE produces 320 hp, and le gives 400 hp. I would love to have the LE but it is becoming difficult to fit it within my budget. Any advise if the SE engine is good enough or should I still try for the LE?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Rumi;7309]Thanks all once again. Based on your suggestions I visited Nissan and Toyota today and am quite impressed by the Nissan Patrol 2012 model. This is looking like the car I would go for. Need a little more advise ...
There are two major trim levels - SE and LE. Both with 5.6 ltr v8 engine, but SE produces 320 hp, and le gives 400 hp. I would love to have the LE but it is becoming difficult to fit it within my budget. Any advise if the SE engine is good enough or should I still try for the LE?[/quote]
Both engines are good enough for off-roading, however, if you can manage manual transmission, SE would be great. Both models are equipped with 'Sand Mode' (very good) and the car is not equipped with traction control, which is a huge advantage. Pay attention to the tyres, because standard models are coming with 'city' low profile tyres, which are very bad for off-roading and pop-outs are guaranteed. Front bumper is also sensitive for damages, however it is placed high enough for easy drives and learning curve without damages. On the other hand it is just a great car.
Check this video - http://youtu.be/Me30sXH18N8, but don't try it same way at the moment :010:
Riadh

[quote=caprihorse;7191]Toyota Prado, Fortuner V6 (only 4.0), FJ
Nissan Pathfinder (only model from 2001-2005), Xterra
Jeep Sahara, wrangler, Cherokee (only old models)
You can also go for PATROL, LAND CRUISER, ARMADA but they are expensive and parts also are expensive (with all the sensors the bumper will coast you a fortune to replace it).[/quote]

Hey Capri I thought Prado V6 and Land Cruiser V8 are a good off road cars!!! Can you please explain theyer weakness? Thanks
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Riadh;7380]Hey Capri I thought Prado V6 and Land Cruiser V8 are a good off road cars!!! Can you please explain theyer weakness? Thanks[/quote]
The message is coming from their current owners - The latest models were placed in luxury category of SUV, so both are loosing decoration parts in front, when driving in sand. You don't see them a lot in desert in these days. Majority of Toyota lovers prefer FJ as off-roading option.