CruZin's Experiance

FSL

Cruzin, sad to hear about the incident... Good to know that you're all fine and safe (a bit sad for the JEEP, hope it gets better soon)
take care and stay safe bro...
Sheikh Fadi

Glad your ok bud, you got to live on get bigger toys but most important is that your ok ;) Hamdolilah
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Lessons learnt: ( fom my point of view)

1- Shit happens.
2- bad things happens to good people.
3- a combination of bad sercumstances can gather and creat a perfect " bad luck ".

My only consern , brother , is not to let this unfortunate incident hold you back and make you stop doing what you like
most ( off roading ).

Proud of you as afriend and a fellow off roader and wish to see you soon on the sand.

( keep the sand flying ,buddy )
What goes around , comes around .
salhinai
Advance
Advance

George and I were at the top of the hill which Cruzin just left to go down to join Falcon and the others, we were getting on to our cars when suddenly I hear George screaming Cruzin is rolling over, we just jumped out of the cars and started running down the hill to get down as fast as we could, and boy what a relieve it was to see you Cruzin coming out of the car.
At this trip I saw why our almost4x4 is the best place to be, Falcon I raise my hat to you, I would drive with you anytime knowing that I am and will be in a caring loving hands. The rest of the drive members I am honred to have you guys on myside, learning from you not only about dessert driving.
Alhamdu Lilah that you got safely out of it Cruzin and extend the same offer that George has offered. See you soon.
se7es77
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear Cruzin thank god that you are ok and not harmed, its a lesson that you learned as well others, we take bad calls which lead to such results so we must listen to the experianced people(Marshals) as they care much about our safety.
i hope that this incedant will not hold you back and it will be a motive to drive again saftely, we are looking forward to join us and ALMOST is a family group so we look for each other.
Big thanks to Falcon and Naser as they were the heros who took the rolled over car out of the desert with a very nice and experianced driving skills.

Very Big thanks to Delta, DL and Rob for their assistance in my recovery when i was stuck, really appreciate it guys
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a day! I will remember this day for a long time. Cruzin is safe and that is a good ending to a sad story, so no complaints there.. this is an extreme sport and as Abu Jimmy wrote earlier, shit happens

Just before the accident with Cruzin happened I was thinking to myself this is not a difficult track. Falcon did tell us that we are going to be more technical a while ago so skill was needed more than engine power, but I was feeling the track was easy.

I know now that I was foolish. My assessment was fundamentally wrong. The track was a couple of degrees harder than before, because the softness of the sand posed a challenge that the engine power alone can not deal with. My lessons from the trip are as follows:
1- When a marshal says were going technical, it is going to be harder than it looks. More concentration and skill are needed rather than just "floor it"
2- One must respect sand and gravity. We can not over power these two forces of nature, we have to play the game by their rules.
3- We still have a long way to learn the rules of this game, the number of stucks on Friday proves it. It seemed easy but it wasn't.
4- My lift kit is fine, I am not going to raise my car any higher.
5- A bigger shovel has an advantage. I dug myself out of a stuck with the folding shovel, and it is annoying. I need to find a good shovel soon.
6- Always take a spare shirt or t-shirt with you. After digging I was sweating my shirt got wet and the air was cold, perfect combination to get sick. I managed to buy one from the shops just before they closed for prayers.
7- I need to think about and install roll-over bars in the XJ.. Shit happens to good people, so since I am a good people, I need to prepare..
8- Biggest Lesson: If marshals say your not ready for this or that trip, it is for your safety. Don't get upset, and don't let your ego come in the way, practice to get better..

Apart from the lessons learned, I have to honorably mention how composed and calm Falcon was under the pressure, and how skillful him and Naser evacuated the disabled car. Hats off to both of you. The Sweeper Se7ess deserves great credit for performing his role perfectly too with directions and guidance all the way through. Yoghibear's presence is very comforting as always he fills any need perfectly.

my batch: Bashar, Diver, Delta83, Salhani: Perfect team mates

I am glad Cruzin is safe, I am only upset with him for trashing the car after fixing it twice :055:.
CruZin
Intermediate
Intermediate

@samr1 Thank you I'm fine now
@youghybear I didn't drive with you many times but It was my pleasure to see you there. Hope to see you soon.
@Sarookh Allah yesalmak
@Gorgin4325 Don't feel sad I'm Ok and there is big chance that my jeep will survive. thank you very much for your offer[IMG]http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/pozitive/m1217.gif[/IMG]
@naser I don't know if I ever can pay back your favour. Please next time film it hehehe[IMG]http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/pozitive/m1209.gif[/IMG]
@Rashidjass Yes we have the best mates ever in our lovely club
@Milan Inshallah you gonna see me in the sand so soon
@Googloid thank you I will.
@Bashar you know we are new to Intermediate, So I'm happy that this happened to me NOT any one of you.
@FSL Alhamdollah I'm fine my buddy thank you
@Sheikh Fadi Thank you but I'm not looking forward to get it bigger coz the high lift kit was a reason for the incident so it's not about the SIZE hehe
@Abu Jimmy no comment. I can't find words to describe the way I feel now after you hurried to me so I'm speechless. Just gonna remember what you did for me forever
@Salhinai You know I got in my car faster than you to descend and my hurry was the reason to underestimate the situation down the dune. It was one of the lessons. Don't let your enthusiasm beats your judgement. Thank you for the offer sure I'll join you soon.[IMG]http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/pozitive/m1272.gif[/IMG]
@Se7se77 You warned me and I didn't listen. I'm always in a rush to learn this is my nature and I have to control it to avoid problems. Thank you for the great job you did that day, I remember that you were there for everybody.[IMG]http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/pozitive/m1234.gif[/IMG]
@ DL Thank you for repairing my car twice don't be upset I think the jeep will survive. Otherwise there will be another Jeep to repair [IMG]http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/pozitive/m1238.gif[/IMG]
rexterra
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Cruzin

I met Bu Salem later that evening and he told me what happened .. I am so sorry for what happened bro .. I am sure getting close enough to deciding to say el shahada is scary enough but the fact that were given another chance to live is a better gift from Allah .. I am so glad you made it out safe bro and really hope such scary moments won't come in the way again of you enjoying your ride on those lovely dunes out there .. alf 7amdella 3assalama .. wel 7amdulillah ennaha gat fel 7adeed :)

be safe

Mokhtar
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear Almosters, all the comments above show once more how great is our Club and mainly that this Club is really a Family!!! proud to be part of that:047:
WASEEM

Thank God you are safe Cruzin, and feel sorry for your accident. You have now an experience most of us don't have (hope nobody will), which I'm sure will make you better driver.
Hope to see you back soon.