Gulf News Fun Drive - 2012

Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

[INDENT]Guys....the Gulf News Fun Drive will be announced in tomorrows newspaper. The entries open at 9.00 AM tomorrow so those interested in regestering need to go to the Gulf Newsoffices in Abu Dhabi or Dubai to complete the regestration formalities.

Act fast as the responce will be so great that places will be sold out by afternoon tomorrow.

Trip is starting at Mafraq Hotel and ending in Liwa most likely by Moreeb.[/INDENT]
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Its a 300 KM drive starting on 13 Jan fromMafraq Hotel on E22 and ending at the Moreb Dune with camping for the night
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[h=1]Fun Drive: Registration opens at Gulf News offices[/h]Maximum of four passengers and a driver allowed in each vehicle [IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/image002.jp ... 3.DA179970[/IMG]
  • Image Credit: Ahmed Ramzan/Gulf News Archives
  • Participants cruise through the desert during the Gulf News Overnighter Fun Drive organised last year.
Dubai: Registration for the Gulf News Overnighter Fun Drive, which will be held from January 13 to 14, is now open and participants can sign up between 9am and 2pm at the Gulf News offices on Shaikh Zayed Road every day, including holidays.
Abu Dhabi participants can register at the Gulf News Abu Dhabi office between 9am and 1pm today and Saturday, and at the same time from Monday to Wednesday.
Al Ain participants can register at the Gulf News Al Ain office between 9am and 11am today and then from Monday to Wednesday at the same time.
The rates are Dh300 for an adult and Dh175 for a child. The Fun Drive is an event for four-wheel drive vehicles only.
Article continues below
A maximum of four passengers plus driver are allowed.
Participants are reminded to ensure that there are enough seat belts for all passengers.
[h=5]Related Links [/h] Entry for the Fun Drive is open to all, but preference will be given to Gulf News subscribers.

Fun Drive itinerary

This year's Fun Drive centres on Abu Dhabi and will start at the Mafraq Hotel and end at the Moreeb Dune camp in Liwa.

Check-in starts at 6am at the Mafraq Hotel where breakfast will be served before departure to Liwa. The route is more than 300km-long and participants are expected to take at least eight hours to reach the camp at Moreeb Dune, where they will spend the night. Dinner and live entertainment will be arranged at the camp.

The route for the Fun Drive is particularly challenging, with plenty of very high and
tricky dunes in the Liwa region.
Al-Futtaim leads way
Al-Futtaim Motors — Toyota are the main sponsors of the event, just as they have been over the last 22 years.
Checkpoints are sponsored by Toyota, AXA, Al Masaood Bridgestone, Dubai Duty Free, Motorola, Nescafe, Orient Travel, United Arab Bank.
The Fun Drive numbers are sponsored by 3M Protected. Wheel covers are being provided by Danube Buildmart.
The Fun Drive is supported by Al Ain Water, Alco, Byrne, DAW Ironman 4x4, E-Max, IATC, Intersport and Multilink.
Entertainment is by MainStage Music and Events. Catering for the entire event is being done by Mafraq Hotel, Abu Dhabi.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Regetrations ae all closed ....only wait list is open....
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

That was fast....as people were waiting for it.... :)
admin

[quote=Sarookh;6371]That was fast....as people were waiting for it.... :)[/quote]

Did you get one ??
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

On the first day GN sold about 500 registrations. Their event is not for slow moving off-roaders, similar to our latest event for newbies. In our registration thread the places were taken within few hours, pity for others...
Riazj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Who from almost 4x4 will be there? I was fortunate enough to get a spot and will be great to meet up and introduce myself... Thanks
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=Riazj;6380]Who from almost 4x4 will be there? I was fortunate enough to get a spot and will be great to meet up and introduce myself... Thanks[/quote]

Hello Riazj

I'll be there but as a marshal

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=admin;6372]Did you get one ??[/quote]

i had the chance to get it but i let it go as am
not gonna be in the UAE on 13th and 14th :012: