If I can't get a Landcruiser Pickup, what other pickup would you recommened?

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Steveegge

Your alternatives for the Land Cursor ...are .. Tundra or Titan ... they are powerful and Big ... Please don't go for American cars as Trucks because they are good for pulling but not for Off-roading

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

The Hilux is always been a decent little truck - how ever here you will mostly find the 2.5 diesel or the 2.7 petrol. The 3.0 diesel or the 4.0 is virtually impossable to find (usally RHD, and the aussy version even has the TRD supercharger) If you can find the US market Tachoma here in the TRD and some with the factory supercharger installed.

However they are no off road monster (but have made it to the northpole and a volcano - Topgear, not to mention the other things they did to the little red hilux) with out some modifications, also to put a bike in the back you will need to ail gate extender

My family has a Chevy/GMC K2500 and even though its great for moving or towing things around I have learned the hard way - stay away from sand. 4WD on the dash just means " I want to sink all 4 wheels in the sand instead of just the rear wheels please....." (there is just no wait in the rear - same would go for all large trucks. Not to mention Al Gandi doesnt stock ANYTHING for the big trucks.

Al Tayer keeps wanting me to come check out the F150 Raptor - My company purchased 140+ Diesel Crewcab F-350's and 90 F-550 cab/chassis last year so they think I would want a F150 for some reason. Never been a big fan myself but the Ford Explorer Sporttrac is actually popular back home - gives you the options of a Ford explorer but with a pickup bed in the back.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Sorry Steve

I had to move the conversation to this Forum because they are not related to the Welcome Forum and if you want to carry on ... then you can open a new thread in here

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills